Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Any magazine articles that aren't paid for... >

Any magazine articles that aren't paid for...

Notices

Any magazine articles that aren't paid for...

Old 09-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any magazine articles that aren't paid for...

Open a boat magazine today and you will see the same 5 guys as always, you would think that is all there is out there.
Is there any publications out there that bring interesting unknown marine products to the public. Right now the large magazines are basically paid to do a test on boat models both directly and or through advertizing contracts. I understand the business side of the thing, but what value is a purchased product demonstration when you know that the magazine must make a favourable showing or they won't get any business from the manufacturer.

I just bumped into the Weismann web site (because of OSO) and was surprised to see the very interesting hardware they have. Why would you not have stuff like that all the time in a magazine. There must be hundreds of things out there.
I would like to know about all the manufacturers everywhere, even over seas. Lets see all the crazy ideas people have who can't afford to buy publicity.

So I ask, where is the magazine like that?
Old 09-27-2007, 12:39 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by TUFFboat
Open a boat magazine today and you will see the same 5 guys as always, you would think that is all there is out there.
Is there any publications out there that bring interesting unknown marine products to the public. Right now the large magazines are basically paid to do a test on boat models both directly and or through advertizing contracts. I understand the business side of the thing, but what value is a purchased product demonstration when you know that the magazine must make a favourable showing or they won't get any business from the manufacturer.

I just bumped into the Weismann web site (because of OSO) and was surprised to see the very interesting hardware they have. Why would you not have stuff like that all the time in a magazine. There must be hundreds of things out there.
I would like to know about all the manufacturers everywhere, even over seas. Lets see all the crazy ideas people have who can't afford to buy publicity.

Out of business for lack of advertizing revenue.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

NOT paid for:
Attached Thumbnails Any magazine articles that aren't paid for...-cover.jpg  
Old 09-27-2007, 02:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Web is killing print publishing. Not that it ever was all that editorially squeaky-clean in years past. Now they're nothing more than ads and "advertorial".

Haven't paid for a boat mag in a decade.

Speaking of Weissman, they would be much more broadly accepted if it weren't for them being shoved out of the sport by sanctioning bodies who declared Mercruiser as the only acceptable drive.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
The Web is killing print publishing. Not that it ever was all that editorially squeaky-clean in years past. Now they're nothing more than ads and "advertorial".

Speaking of Weissman, they would be much more broadly accepted if it weren't for them being shoved out of the sport by sanctioning bodies who declared Mercruiser as the only acceptable drive.

Advertorial! good word man!
Old 09-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Click on my link below
Old 09-27-2007, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin

Then what do you read on the Crapper??
Actually, I've not re-upped any of my subscriptions either.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

winter would be really tuff without; extreme boat, powerboat, hotboat and oso and mwbp.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
NOT paid for:
Still waiting on my first issue. Ordered it August 31.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by TUFFboat

I'm sure you can get one of your tuffboats in a magazine. Maybe just a little patience, have you been in production for a year yet? I'm looking forward to reading what a third party has to say about your boats.

Well...............since you brought this up AND since I haven't seen you boat featured in any magazines. Will you please post up some more pics of the Tuff boats...... and maybe some top speeds with a single inboard.

Quick Reply: Any magazine articles that aren't paid for...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.