Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   looking for performance boat ride in florida!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/169733-looking-performance-boat-ride-florida.html)

jeff32 09-26-2007 05:45 PM

looking for performance boat ride in florida!!!

I wished I was going to the Lake George poker run in n-york on october 6th... But, wife is now pretty done booking 4 days in florida. I'd be going there with my brother and his wife, no kids with us...

I'll be there friday october 5th to sunday october 7th...

I was wondering if any of you guys could give us a ride for an hour or 2 or whatever.

I'd even agree to pay!

Let me know if this would be possible. we would sure appreciate since we never been in the ocean! But I'm sure we can handle BIG WAVES!!!

Thanks guys!

VetteLT193 09-26-2007 05:49 PM

Florida is a pretty big state... do you have a more specific location?

lucky strike 09-26-2007 06:01 PM

Let me know when you get here. We are in Pompano Beach.

LS

jeff32 09-26-2007 06:41 PM

[QUOTE=VetteLT193;2285988]Florida is a pretty big state... do you have a more specific location?[/QUOTE

all I know for now is: club meb sandpiper florida.

I don't know how close it is from miami, but I know it's north of miami... Can you guys tell me? I did a search on mapquest and the only sandpiper found was in oregon !!! nothing in florida!

Man, I like computers sometimes...

Jupiter Sunsation 09-26-2007 06:51 PM

http://www.frommers.com/destinations...ce/H32432.html

You are going to Port St Lucie........about 130 miles north of Miami/ about 100 miles south of Disney World.

Get ready for white trash rednecks, explosion of immigrants that can't afford to buy anywhere else and the ever so popular sex offenders. They have a very aggressive task force that busts sex offenders online. They recently nailed a broward county weatherman.

Locals call it Port St Loser..............The resort will be nice but the rest of the town blows. If you get to the water, the St Lucie inlet is kinda crazy, it looks like a highway system with boats going in all directions at high speeds.

jeff32 09-26-2007 08:04 PM

at least it looks fun for the hway system with many boats at high speed... but reading this I think I'd prefer lake george poker run! but my wife...

otis311 09-26-2007 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by jeff32 (Post 2286145)
at least it looks fun for the hway system with many boats at high speed... but reading this I think I'd prefer lake george poker run! but my wife...

If you had waited 3 weeks until after the LG run, Id have my boat in Florida and we could have gone for a run. You could have done both !!

Enjoy your trip and we will see you at the next LGPBA event

Bob

jeff32 09-26-2007 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 2286061)
http://www.frommers.com/destinations...ce/H32432.html

You are going to Port St Lucie........about 130 miles north of Miami/ about 100 miles south of Disney World.

Get ready for white trash rednecks, explosion of immigrants that can't afford to buy anywhere else and the ever so popular sex offenders. They have a very aggressive task force that busts sex offenders online. They recently nailed a broward county weatherman.

Locals call it Port St Loser..............The resort will be nice but the rest of the town blows. If you get to the water, the St Lucie inlet is kinda crazy, it looks like a highway system with boats going in all directions at high speeds.

I'll say I'm lucky you posted this... she read and took some more info and she booked just 2 hours away from home... quebec city,so... that is it! until...

thanks for the info!

jeff32 09-26-2007 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by otis311 (Post 2286169)
If you had waited 3 weeks until after the LG run, Id have my boat in Florida and we could have gone for a run. You could have done both !!

Enjoy your trip and we will see you at the next LGPBA event

Bob

thanks Bob, really appreciate thinking about me... but believe me, I'd prefer to be in LG, this year, AND next year also... but I've been rough on her lately because of work, she was with the 3 kids and wants to... do nothing... so I guess she deserves it!

see ya! Thanks again!

PicChic 09-28-2007 01:00 PM

Vacation

If anything changes on your trip. PRA is doing a Poker run season ender out of the Hyatt in Sarasota, FL. I live here in Sarasota & it's absolutely beautiful & the beaches here ROCK!!! They have about 60 plus powerboats registered for the event & do a very nice job. Feel free to PM me if you would like more info. It's usually not hard to catch a ride depending on # that's needing to go. Who knows you might be able to catch a ride with someone for the Run. I photograph some of these guys from the chopper for various events & have a "few" ins so let me know. I'll be happy to see what I can do should anything change for you.