Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Relocating to Havasu  ???'s >

Relocating to Havasu ???'s

Notices

Relocating to Havasu ???'s

Old 01-14-2002, 11:23 PM
One Bad Cat

Cool

Fever. I live in Scottsdale and love it here. Tons of stuff to do, Great boating, Tons of Ladies and a few *****es too. Come on out and join the Vee -vs- Cat fight. the Spring Poker Run is the end of April... See ya there. Listen to River Girl, Shes right on the money.

Old 01-14-2002, 11:40 PM
Charter Member #1528

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seeee....there you go!!

OK ITS SETTLED!!!
See you in April,
when I come out for the "Vee - vs-Cat" fight.....

Hey One Bad Cat....you are talking about the April Heat Wave poker run in Havasu, right..?
did you attend last years..?
Old 01-15-2002, 12:11 AM
One Bad Cat

Cool

That would be a Yes RG.
Ive attended every Heatwave Poker Run theyve ever had. THis years limit is 200 boats... Tell Blonde CigChick to drag that Vee back out...Lets play....

Old 01-15-2002, 12:28 AM
Charter Member #1528

Will do...amongst another one sshhhhh...

Make sure you tell that
Cowboy friend of yours I said Hello
and to call me....
Old 01-15-2002, 12:30 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts
fever, have you ever heard, "don't **** in your backyard"? how about, "nice place to visit, but I wouldnt want to live there"? I like to party and all but you would have to be in a constant phase of par-layin during the summer and die of boredom and depression because you are not in the water drinking brews in the winter!!!

Scottsdale is way cool! I have a few friends that live outside of Pheonix too. Far enough to be out of town but close enough to be able to party in the big city. plus theres a little party lake there called lake pleasant and a few other including gorgeous lake bartlet. It's also only like 2 hrs to havasu.

Good luck dude, hope to see you in havasu either way this summer!

Tank
Old 01-15-2002, 11:27 AM
Uncle Toys

Fever500 - Listen to Rivergirl and Tank, they are spot on. Havasu is our sanctuary, but no place to live year round. Only ~30,000 people and nothing for a couple of hours in all directions. Here is an option in the other direction from Scottsdale, Temecula, in southern Riverside county. ~100,000 people in the valley, one hour to San Diego, one and a half to Los Angles, about an hour to Big Bear (for your skiing), and if my son is correct, one of the capitals of the dirt-biking world. Temecula is also the wine country of Southern California. We are a four hour drive to the West side of Havasu.

Old 01-15-2002, 06:42 PM
Charter Member #1528

Temecula is nice....but to be more by the water...(your own little lake)...how about Canyon Lake....used to live there. Great if you don't have a boat over 21'. But you have all the tracks you need on the BLM land...or go down the hill to the tracks in Elsinore. Just don't use the lake...YIKES!!

Still favor ScottsDale!!!
Old 01-16-2002, 05:51 PM
Fever500

Thanks everyone for your input! Looks like Havasu is gonna be the Summer Hangout only!

I am totaly confused now! Oh well. I still have to decide wether to sell my current house or lease it, so I've got plenty of time.

Thanks again for your advice!

Old 01-16-2002, 06:06 PM
bread8

IM SURE GLAD YOU GUYS DONT LIVE THERE AND ONLY VISIT IF YOU DID YOU WOULD REALIZE THERE IS ALOT TO DO ALL YEAR ROUND IF YOU LIKE THE DESSERT THERES ALWAYS A PLACE TO RIDE(DESSERT BAR,GLAMIS????) PLUS ID RATHER GOTO LAS VEGAS IN 2 HOURS THEN SCOOTERVILLE IN 4 (BEST PLACE FOR A THREESOME FROM PLAYBOY MAG)CANT BEET THAT PLUS YOU ALWAYS HAVE PICK OF THE LITTER IN THE CHANNEL ON ANY GIVEN WEEKEND DURING THE SUMMER

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: bread8 ]