Notices

Helicopter Pics - RIPOFF

Old 09-24-2007, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Helicopter Pics - RIPOFF

I'm not going to name any company, but awhile back while boating on Lake St. Clair we had a helicopter swoop in and take a pic. I inquired on their website and they sent me a poster size picture of my boat. The unbelievable thing is that they wanted $750.00 for it. WHAT A RIPOFF! I obviously sent it back. Beware of this scam on Lake St. Clair. Has anyone had a similar experience?
Old 09-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Registered

I just purchased a photo from boatpix.com for $250 (I think 18" x 22"?) One of a kind photo for that price imo.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Shenk1172
I'm not going to name any company, but awhile back while boating on Lake St. Clair we had a helicopter swoop in and take a pic. I inquired on their website and they sent me a poster size picture of my boat. The unbelievable thing is that they wanted $750.00 for it. WHAT A RIPOFF! I obviously sent it back. Beware of this scam on Lake St. Clair. Has anyone had a similar experience?
I would have brought the poster to Kinko's and whip up a few copies, THEN send it back.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Registered

I hope you sent it back return receipt. I got one and did the same as you, I returned it. Two years later I get notified from a collection agency that I needed to pay for it. Told them to pound sand sue me if you want to try and collect it. Never heard from them again. Not all of them operate that way though.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Registered

yeah, that's how we sent it back. We ended up laying the poster on the floor and taking a digital picture of the poster and it turned out just as good. I just want to know what kind of idiot would pay $750 for a picture?
Old 09-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Registered

I was always under the impression if you received a product unsolicited it was yours to keep. If they bill you, you do not have to pay or return the product.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bajasport
I was always under the impression if you received a product unsolicited it was yours to keep. If they bill you, you do not have to pay or return the product.
Thats what I always thought also, back when the Columbia Music thing was big they would always send me the monthly items, I would return a letter telling them thank you for the gift, since I did not order it I considered it a free gift and any more I recieve I will consider the same. I usually wouldnt receive anymore and never got any collection calls either.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 273 Likes on 163 Posts

$750 for a poster size helo pic is not by anymeans a scam. Expensive yes, but a scam.............no. I've gone throught the boatpix thing. Its kind of like a scam in that they don't tell you how much they charge until after you complete the order. But looking back on it - I wish I would have paid the $250 they wanted. 5-10 years down the road and that picture would have been priceless.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What`s $750 to us RICH BOATING GUYS ???
Old 09-24-2007, 07:35 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Shenk1172
We ended up laying the poster on the floor and taking a digital picture of the poster and it turned out just as good.
So, just how much did you send them for the copy of the helocopter shot they took of you? I don't think they are the the ones doing the rip off here.

Quick Reply: Helicopter Pics - RIPOFF

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.