Notices

who needs lifejackets

Old 01-12-2002, 09:58 PM
packinair

Post who needs lifejackets

In wake of what happend it has me wondering, if I have been reading corret only one had a lifejacket on. I know I have been given a bunch of **** about my rule on my boat. If the boat if on plane jackets are a MUST! if you don't like get the hell off. I know most boats are not as goofy as mine (a 23'cat with twin 2.5L) but I am wondering who wears them and when???

Old 01-12-2002, 09:59 PM
packinair

I also ALWAYS have kill switched on

Old 01-12-2002, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

We only wear life jackets during poker runs. I also wear a life jacket if I'm by myself on the ocean, and I also did one time at Lake Mead when by myself (it was like the ocean that day).

But I can tell you this......if I was "testing" a prototype boat for speed, stability and strength, I would have a damn life vest on FOR SURE!!! I can't believe NONE of them did! I think the guy they recovered just hadn't sunk yet.

Very stupid and very, very, very tragic. I feel for the families involved.

Nort (aka Universal Chaos)
Old 01-12-2002, 10:58 PM
Registered

sorry guys. i never use them or the teather..
Old 01-12-2002, 11:21 PM
Registered

I've worn a lifejacket once on the current boat, testing out WOT by myself. Teathers are on when over 50 mph or in bad conditions. I know I should wear the teathers all the time, I just don't think about it until it gets a little crazy.
Old 01-13-2002, 09:18 AM
Frank Civitano

Both My kids all the time, All Poker Runs always! The Kill switch everytime. In the Ocean all the time. I was thrown out of a boat at 125 MPH and I swear buy them!
Frank

Old 01-13-2002, 12:52 PM
Kent Perroux

Kill swtich always conneced.

Jackets on:
- Testing top speed
- when I plan on going faster than (what I consider) a safe cruise
- When the wave heights are > 20% the length of the boat.

Old 01-13-2002, 12:58 PM
Registered

Cool

Jackets on the kids all the time. We wear them during poker runs (they are always readily accessible in the cockpit all the time) and wear the kill switches in rough water and on poker runs.
Old 01-13-2002, 02:37 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Shanghied Again you got tossed at 125!!!!! What did that feel like??????? I am amazed a person coudl survive something like that. How did that happen if you don't mind my asking?
Old 01-13-2002, 05:41 PM
Registered

Jackets on when we race, do poker runs or if we are testing a new setup on the boat. They are the best protection you could have in an open cockpit and yet they can be the easiest thing to foreget to wear. Our condolences to the families of this tradgedy.

Quick Reply: who needs lifejackets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.