Notices

Doug Wright 32

Old 09-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doug Wright 32

I have a friend looking to get into a 32. He has had a couple of west coast cats but asked me how the 32 would handle compared to my boat, since he has ridden with me. I told him I had no idea. Anyone had seat time in some of the DW outboard boats, and how does it compare to a 40 Skater?
Old 09-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Registered

Ask Scot Conrad
Old 09-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Registered

Is he looking for an outboard or I/O version?
A 40 Skater is a tough comparison, a 32 Skater would make a better this or that.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tantrum
Is he looking for an outboard or I/O version?
A 40 Skater is a tough comparison, a 32 Skater would make a better this or that.
He's looking at a inboard version.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:40 PM
Registered

Tell your friend to pick up September edition of Hot Boat Magazine. There is a four page write up on the Doug Wright boats.
I know the 32 outboard has been kicking ass on SBI Circuit.
My husband wants to trade his boat for a DW Inboard.
They are making inboards available in different sizes.
Definately worth a look at. Similar to MTI design.
Re
Old 09-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am assuming your friend saw the boat in OSO classifieds? If not check it out. Awesome boat!!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Bling Bling
Platinum Member

Grants Cusyom Rigging just finished one up with Bravos and 525s. Call Grant and he can explain to you why it was a 9.9 on the scale 1 to 10. 35 pitch Bravo with a 3.5 gear ratio on the limiters, you do the math. The MPH and how the boat handles was outstanding as well as the time it took to get there. If your gonna have one done, looks to me Grants the go to guy. It's nice to see Doug and Grant took the doubt out of people wondering if the 32 with inboards will work.

You have seen it, and if your buddie is even considering the one in the classifieds, through SC performance do it quick. We have someone intrested looking at it on Friday and if he doesn't buy it I'm finishing it and the price will be up at least 75k.

Greg
Old 09-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Spectre 34

Originally Posted by blingbling
Grants Cusyom Rigging just finished one up with Bravos and 525s. Call Grant and he can explain to you why it was a 9.9 on the scale 1 to 10. 35 pitch Bravo with a 3.5 gear ratio on the limiters, you do the math. The MPH and how the boat handles was outstanding as well as the time it took to get there. If your gonna have one done, looks to me Grants the go to guy. It's nice to see Doug and Grant took the doubt out of people wondering if the 32 with inboards will work.

You have seen it, and if your buddie is even considering the one in the classifieds, through SC performance do it quick. We have someone intrested looking at it on Friday and if he doesn't buy it I'm finishing it and the price will be up at least 75k.

Greg
Keep me posted, I was w/ Scott Shogren today but out of respect for Reggie we didn't discuss your boat any. I'm still interested but sounds like you've decided to finish it.

Michael
Old 09-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Registered

Talking doug wright 32 owner

hi i'm the owner of the 32 doug wright with the 525's here in miami. grant did an excellent job with my boat. for those in doubt, first time in the water ran 125 mph. this friday i'm going to try with 6 blade herrings 36 pitch. hopefully i'll be running in the low 130's. keep you posted
Old 09-19-2007, 10:13 PM
Registered

i own a 32 doug wright with inboards. if your friend has any questions about the ride, he can contact me.

Quick Reply: Doug Wright 32

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.