Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The next big thing.......water >

The next big thing.......water

Notices

The next big thing.......water

Old 09-30-2007, 04:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lake Mead (NV) is down 118', but we have wild cycles here, it overflowed the spillways in '83 and Lake Powell (UT/AZ) is down 98' but again we have wild variations. Our current west coast drought is about 8 years old now. Someone suggested pumping water from east to west as needed, would be great for Texas as they had way too much water this year...
Old 09-30-2007, 04:57 PM
Registered

watch the news for 15 minutes, there is a flood going on somewhere....
Old 09-30-2007, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 273 Likes on 163 Posts

Plenty of rain around OK and TX. Maybe try a little rain dance

Lots of indians in OK.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Registered

Australia is in strife with its water problems.

Brisbane has nearly run out of water, the dams have less than 20% water in them

I read about 2-3 years ago that the u.s. govt predicts that within 10 years the first wars over water will begin
Old 09-30-2007, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody see inconvenient truth? The problem is real ,the politicians don't want to admit it. Every scientist agrees the problem is real. It effects different areas in different ways. Don't expect a significant cool down ever again. How many problems go away when you close your eyes? I like to burn gas as much as any one. And China's water problems are huge. Parts of Australia are in stage 6 restrictions. Its against the law to have a hose. We are pretty lucky here so far.
Jim
Old 09-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Registered

in Australia now we cant wash our boats, and the restrictions and fines for using water are extremely serious
Old 09-30-2007, 06:57 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a very intresting page for Grat Lakes boaters.
http://www.lre.usace.army.mil/_kd/go...ge&pge_id=1134

Both Michigan and Supirior were lower in 1964 and had a new term high in 1986.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN
Anybody see inconvenient truth? The problem is real ,the politicians don't want to admit it. Every scientist agrees the problem is real. It effects different areas in different ways. Don't expect a significant cool down ever again. How many problems go away when you close your eyes? I like to burn gas as much as any one. And China's water problems are huge. Parts of Australia are in stage 6 restrictions. Its against the law to have a hose. We are pretty lucky here so far.
Jim

Most of us live in reality. If I want to watch a fairy tale I'll watch one I enjoy.
Not every scientist agrees. Are we warming? Yes. We have been for several hundred years. Have we been warmer? yes. The Vikings used to farm in Greenland. Have we been colder? yes. And we will be again.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Payton
Most of us live in reality. If I want to watch a fairy tale I'll watch one I enjoy.
Not every scientist agrees. Are we warming? Yes. We have been for several hundred years. Have we been warmer? yes. The Vikings used to farm in Greenland. Have we been colder? yes. And we will be again.
Absolutely correct! That is what no one seems to be getting. Greenland(now snow and ice covered) used to be GREEN. Discovered by the Vikings (boaters of course). It makes me wonder what it will take to prove Al Gore to be a real and forever schmuck.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN
Anybody see inconvenient truth? The problem is real ,the politicians don't want to admit it. Every scientist agrees the problem is real.
"Global Warming" may be real, but there is disagreement over the cause. Some say that man (and the burning of fossil fuels) is causing the problem. Others say that global climate is always changing and man can do very little (if anything) to change it.

I am one man, and I am 49 years old. Global warming does not concern me. I really don't care...

Quick Reply: The next big thing.......water

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.