The next big thing.......water

Notices

The next big thing.......water

Old 09-29-2007, 09:06 PM
BL6
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts
Default The next big thing.......water

In the last 24 hours I've read that China is rapidly depleting its groundwater, that towns in Georgia are running dry, my bro-in law said Cape Coral is on water rationing, and once again Lake Mich seemed lower today.

I know l Gore says the ice caps are melting and we will soon be up to our eyeballs in water, but I'm not seeing it. I think it's dry out west - CA, AZ, NV, I know it's dry in NC, every lake in the midwest is low. Texas has recieved lots of rain, so I think they are ok, but Lake Michigan has dropped 6" every year for the last 10 years.

So where's it all going?

Just like oil is a big issue today, I think water will be a huge issue for the genrations to come.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Smith Mountain Lake, SW Virginia.
ONLY 1 RAMP that we can use this weekend; out of 20 or so. There are quite a few folks who could not get their boats off of their lifts this weekend for the big Wine Festival on the lake.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:23 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lake Superior- lowest level and highest water temperature this summer since they've been keeping records.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm convinced that weather is cyclical. We went through an ice age and then we began warming. We are going to continue to warm until we hit a point and reverse the cycle towards cooling. It takes millions of years and we have a few politicians who are looking to make a buck off of scaring the world due to our natural cycles. Thats just my belief though.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

15 year cycles. Take a look at the farmers almanac.

Darrell.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:09 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Shore Thing
It takes millions of years and we have a few politicians who are looking to make a buck off of scaring the world due to our natural cycles. Thats just my belief though.

You are 100% correct. The earth may be warming by a 10th of a degree the last 100yrs......and nobody can PROVE we are doing anything to cause it or fix it.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lake Lanier will soon be at it's lowest lake level in history. It has not rained here in forever. I move my dock out about every 10 days. Luckily I'm on deep water.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:36 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Lake Ontario is lower than I've ever seen. I marked the shore monday, the waters edge is now 6" from my marker, probably a 1" drop in level since monday. My 80' dock now has about 22' over dry land. I'm going to try to launch my 386 today, should be interesting.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:14 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
Lake Lanier will soon be at it's lowest lake level in history. It has not rained here in forever. I move my dock out about every 10 days. Luckily I'm on deep water.
There is one area on GA400 around where you go over the lake and it's now grass, no water at all. Pond behind my house is dry.

Also, North GA is now on a complete outdoor watering ban. I had a neighbor dig a well a few weeks ago.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Sorry, I guess I looked too fast, the water is 12" from my marker, down about 3" since monday. I did get the boat launched and retrieved with little trouble though.

Quick Reply: The next big thing.......water

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.