Kingston, Canada...Oh Chit, it's gonna be cold

Notices

Kingston, Canada...Oh Chit, it's gonna be cold

Old 12-21-2001, 10:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs down Kingston, Canada...Oh Chit, it's gonna be cold

Okay...Whose been to, lived in, knows about or has any knowledge about Kingston, Canada?

I've been F'ed into flying up there as part of a design think tank for four days. What's a FL boy to do in Canada? I at least hope there are some cool bars up that way. Worst thing is that, I don't have any warm clothes. I only own one long-sleeve shirt and a solitary jean jacket.

Anybody know of any cool hang-outs? Help, please!? Thanks, just venting....

[ 12-21-2001: Message edited by: Baja Daze ]
Old 12-21-2001, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is 31.276 miles due south of the Arctic Circle. Not much goes on.....only one club, a titty bar, where the dancers double as coat hooks . Say hi to Santa for us !!

[ 12-21-2001: Message edited by: Risk Taker ]
Old 12-21-2001, 11:01 AM
Wild Horses

Hee hee hee... .poor Baja Daze!

My current contact, Ministry of Health & Long Term Care works out of Kingston. I really don't like going out there very much BECAUSE THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO.

Does that make it pretty clear? It will be minus temperatures, great boating town in the summer, only a couple of girly bars, some nice dining, but to date that's about it. Make your own party if you know what I mean. I'd love to hook up with you, but its a three hour drive from my place. When exactly are you going?

Old 12-21-2001, 11:04 AM
Wild Horses

Hee hee hee... .poor Baja Daze!

My current contact, Ministry of Health & Long Term Care works out of Kingston. I really don't like going out there very much BECAUSE THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO.

Does that make it pretty clear? It will be minus temperatures, great boating town in the summer, only a couple of girly bars, some nice dining, but to date that's about it. Make your own party if you know what I mean. I'd love to hook up with you, but its a three hour drive from my place. When exactly are you going?

Old 12-21-2001, 11:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Oh Man, It's not looking good.
I don't take well to "THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO."

We will be going Jan 7th-10th.

Thanks for the input.
At least, Canadian $'s are like 0.66 US$ right? So the girly's only get 66cents each round

It would be cool to hook up w/ anybody from the area.

[ 12-21-2001: Message edited by: Baja Daze ]
Old 12-21-2001, 11:38 AM
Registered

GOOD NUDIE BARS!!!!!!

Plaza Hotel
46 Montreal St
At Queen And Montreal.
Kingston, Ontario
613-542-4921

Check it out!
Old 12-21-2001, 12:05 PM
Registered

It's going to fooking cold up there dude! There is a big penetentary there if you're looking for some fun! hehe

Here is something to cheer you up!

http://www.accuweather.com/adcbin/intlocal_index?metric=0
Old 12-21-2001, 01:06 PM
Registered

Cool

BD, there are a couple of great bars in Ktown. Check out the Hub, it's an area near Princess and Division Streets, there are 4 or 5 good bars there. If you want something a little more relaxed, the Prince George Hotel has a couple of good bars, Tir N'an Og is a great Irish Pub, and there is a good cigar bar next to it. (Real Cubans at 60 cents on the dollar for our American friends)
The Plaza is okay, just watch your back. Kingston is not only home to one of Canada's oldest universities, it also home to a medium security pen, a maxium security pen, and a womens maximum security pen. It can be a tough town at times.
If it gets really boring, you are only 1.5 hours to Ottawa, 2 hours to Montreal, and 2.5 to Toronto.
Old 12-21-2001, 02:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks a bunch, guys!
The way I figure, I'll have three nights there, so I'll need plenty to do. DaveP, I put that in my planner and will seek it out at all costs. A nudie place for pennies on the dollar...Can't beat that deal.

Thanks Milord, that really puts things in perspective. Now, I KNOW I'll be freezing my ass off! I'm definately reverting back to the Anti-snow dance. Sorry Shane!

Blue-Llama,
Thanks for the tips buddy! Tir N'an Og, that must be Gaelic, Nothing beats an authentic Irish Pub. I'm there dude. Grab a couple MonteCristo's, a nice, charming little prison chick and I'm all set!

We're staying at the 4-points Sheraton. Hopefully it's a halfway descent place and it should be close to the happenings!
Old 12-21-2001, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts
Kingston is the gateway to the 1000 Islands,Used Kingston as our jump off point for 10 days of boating in the Isles last summer,check out the current issue of Powerboat, see how they liked it. Ask to go to Confederation Basin Marina (where we stayed) then walk to all the bars and restaraunts. That area is made up of 200 year old limestone buildings that exude an old world charm.Too bad it wasnt summer and you could bring that Outlaw,TOO BAD!! Id make a special trip. I know Hydroscream isnt far away from kingston and it IS a university town, Ive only been there in the summer when all the students are gone but I hear the when schools in the bars are a hoot, so be optimistic and the nudie bars leave nothing to the imagination......that....thats what Ive heard of course. Doug

Quick Reply: Kingston, Canada...Oh Chit, it's gonna be cold

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.