Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Well, my motor is out!!! Now the fun can begin... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/17038-well-my-motor-out-now-fun-can-begin.html)

Waterfoul 01-13-2002 06:11 PM

Well, my motor is out!!! Now the fun can begin...

Thanks Flylevel and Chris. Now I just have to find a warm place to work on it.

One interesting thing I found while removing the motor today was that the port side engine mount was lose. All three bolts. Wonder how that happened??? No clue. Oh well, doesn't seem to have done any harm.

traviss 01-13-2002 06:57 PM

You finally did it :eek: when you get that nice warm garage gimmie a ring, we can tear that bad boy apart. :D

might wanna pick up the book "engines for dummies" ;) :)

Waterfoul.... you have any lady freinds that need some company.. I'm getting lonely :(

Travis

Waterfoul 01-13-2002 07:13 PM

I don't need no stinking manual!! "ve got Crazyhorse!!!!

As for the ladies, got a couple of numbers last night!!! Oh yeah, my mac was working fine!!! LOL!!!

traviss 01-13-2002 07:15 PM

well.. you gonna post the numbers or not ;)

Smitty 01-13-2002 07:17 PM

I must have missed something somewhere. I thought you pulled that motor out months ago. You better get busy and get that thing back in the boat otherwise Nort will be saying only five people will be at LOTO for Memorial day :D :D

See ya at the Chicago boat show.

Dave

Waterfoul 01-13-2002 07:18 PM

It was supposed to come out before Christmas. But timing and then the weather didn't cooperate.

Traviss, NO!!

traviss 01-13-2002 07:21 PM

Red stripe was mad if you were at the tap room without him LOL!! :eek:

MitchStellin 01-13-2002 07:48 PM

Hey Mike, you out there? I was the one who loosened your motor mount. I heard it would make the engine loose and give it more speed. Delivered the boat on Sat. Now I have to decide. I was looking at a 21ft Zodiac like the last one i had. I don't know if i want to get back into the money hole. Put your motor inside with you. You can work on it and watch Ship Shape TV to learn what to do :eek: :D

Waterfoul 01-13-2002 07:52 PM

Hey Mitch. That Zodiak would be cool, but a bit tough to spend the night on eh? go for a SeeRay or some other express cruiser for you and the family if you really want to get out of go-fasts for a while. At least a decent express can still do 45 or so.

blue thunder 01-13-2002 07:56 PM

You better get to the bottom of the loose motor mount bolts Waterfoul. That's a coupler waitin to leave you sit next year. How is the structure the bolts go into?
Hopefully they were just loose and a retightening won't throw out your alignment. Good luck, and just for curiosity, whats on the improvement plan whilst the engine is out?

BT

[ 01-13-2002: Message edited by: blue thunder ]