SEA DOO 951 SBT BRAND NEW MOTOR any ideas >

SEA DOO 951 SBT BRAND NEW MOTOR any ideas

Notices

SEA DOO 951 SBT BRAND NEW MOTOR any ideas

Old 10-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SEA DOO 951 SBT BRAND NEW MOTOR any ideas

Kidz blew up the sea doo in july (ran without oil)and took it in for a new motor ,spent 2500.00 for a new SBT motor w/2yr warranty and install and was ready for pick up saturday.Took it to the river to break it in and put 1.3 hours on it and the motor is knockin & ready to let loose .any ideas ??? had oil in resevoir,put 1 quart of oil in gas tank with 15 gallons . fouled out 4 plugs in 1 hour so i figure she was rich enuf,plugs are pitted from detonation and boat shop says motor is warranty but 1100.00 for labor again. i believe they did'nt set timing but they insist sea doos are fixed with key way.i cant open the motor or my warranty is VOID.any ideas guys ????
Old 10-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,814 Likes on 903 Posts

You having to pay for labor again is BS!!!!!!! Its certainly not your fault the engine was a POS. They should have water tested it. If you paid with a credit card, dispute the charge NOW!!!
Old 10-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SBT stands for ,sorry bout that !!
no shop is going to warranty labor on a rebuilt motor from someone else. there is a company just down the street from sbt that does a much better job and i believe will pay for labor to replace if found to be their fault and their $100 cheaper.http://www.pmcna.com/
Old 10-08-2007, 06:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by copiercat
SBT stands for ,sorry bout that !!
no shop is going to warranty labor on a rebuilt motor from someone else. there is a company just down the street from sbt that does a much better job and i believe will pay for labor to replace if found to be their fault and their $100 cheaper.http://www.pmcna.com/
I dont believe it was SBT fault at all , i think the repair shop did'nt set the timing right .i did pull the oil pump today and ran it on a drill and it pumped a 5 gallon bucket in no time . Seems the boat shop is coming up with excuse after excuse and another customer showed up this morning with a blown up ski with only 10 hours
Old 10-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Griff
You having to pay for labor again is BS!!!!!!! Its certainly not your fault the engine was a POS. They should have water tested it. If you paid with a credit card, dispute the charge NOW!!!
NO CC , paid in green , he claims he water tested for a a couple and ran out of gas so he put a quart of oil in the gas tank incase there was an air bubble in the oil line.Anybody had the same luck ???
Old 10-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drop in a Small block stroked 383 with a hood scoop
Old 10-08-2007, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 281 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by RUNNINHOTRACING158
NO CC , paid in green , he claims he water tested for a a couple and ran out of gas so he put a quart of oil in the gas tank incase there was an air bubble in the oil line.Anybody had the same luck ???
Maybe its got too much oil. My old sea doo has an oil tank separate the gas. I would think any additional oil in the gas would cause it to not run right.

Fire the mechanic.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Registered

The best thing to do is to buy a crate 951 from Sea-Doo, cost a bit more than an SBT engine but you will get life out of it, and great service. SBT engines have about a 60% failure rate and are highly known for failure. They are a good alternative source for the do-it-your-selfer, you can get an engine fairly cheap, but don't expect any duration out of it. I have purchased a few in my time from them and they are known to re-use gaskets, gobs of blue glue where gaskets should be and other shotty work that is just not acceptable. You have a few options.....fix it and sell it or buy a sea doo engine, kick SBT to the curb if you plan to keep it. My dealer will not even touch an SBT engine.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Maybe its got too much oil. My old sea doo has an oil tank separate the gas. I would think any additional oil in the gas would cause it to not run right.

Fire the mechanic.
SBT says to do this for break-in, its part of their procedure!
Old 10-08-2007, 07:38 PM
Banned

Fire the mechanic.[/QUOTE] Is putting it nicely,He has changed the story again and said we should have put a new oil pump since it had 100 hours on it .If it needed it should have done it and put it on the bill .Dropping it off at a different shop tonite and we'll try it again

Quick Reply: SEA DOO 951 SBT BRAND NEW MOTOR any ideas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.