Notices

Books

Old 11-15-2007, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd be glad to proof-read it for you before you pitch it to a publishing Co.
Should I forward you my e-mail addy
Old 11-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by excalibur32
were you the pilot??????
No. The pilot was Charlie Stevens. I was waiting outside the MCC in a Volvo in a field with money, passports, and other paraphernalia. Charlie signaled"Tallyho!" to me over a crystal radio when he was going in. Several minutes later there were police cars everywhere. I drove out of the field by the front of the prison and could see it was FUBAR. I drove home and got arrested a little later on.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Registered

You got my attention.
I'm interested in the book.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:38 PM
Registered

Well, thanks to you guy's anyone coming close to a prison with a helicopter gets shot down. I hope you have seen the error of your way's or are you with Kramer and didn't want to snitch on anybody, that is such BS if you don't consort with criminals you don't have to snitch. Trying to make the Gov't the bad guy's and he broke the law. He almost single handedly gave good law abiding offshore people a blackeye.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by excalibur32
Well, thanks to you guy's anyone coming close to a prison with a helicopter gets shot down. I hope you have seen the error of your way's or are you with Kramer and didn't want to snitch on anybody, that is such BS if you don't consort with criminals you don't have to snitch. Trying to make the Gov't the bad guy's and he broke the law. He almost single handedly gave good law abiding offshore people a blackeye.
There have been, I believe, 25 escape attempts by helicopter around the world. Ten of those have been is France, no less. Some suceeded, other did not. I have my doubts that Ben Kramer was solely responsible for any prison policy changes concerning firing on an aircraft. I understand some prisons instituted something called "Kramer Wire" to prevent any further landing attempts.
In reference to giving people up, I have nearly 80 pages of court transcripts of Charlie Podesta naming every name he ever had contact with when he worked for Ben. That is what most people do when offered reduced sentences for information. I chose not to. Ben chose not to. That is meant to be neither didactic nor arrogant.
I don't know what you mean when you say "Trying to make the Government the bad guy". If you have information as to how that took place, I'd be more than interested in reading it. Please understand opinions are not facts.
As you correctly pointed out, I was consorting with criminals at the time, and yes; prison was all it took for me to see the "Error of my ways".
Finally, to suggest Ben Kramer was the only person in Miami in the 70's and 80's to smuggle pot in on a Cigarette style boat, ignores police reports, newspaper articles, and common sense.

bouyhunter: sure, forward away

Last edited by Robingo; 11-18-2007 at 09:44 AM.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:46 AM
Registered

Charlie Podesta became a chef, and was working for Gianni Versace when he was gunned down by psycho Andrew Cunanan.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Robingo,

Although not a fan of Benny, I'd love to read your book too! I hope you get it into print.

[email protected]

Last edited by RumRunner; 11-18-2007 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:33 AM
Registered

Robingo - yes, I really would like to read it.
E-mail tscovern"at"yahoo.com
Of course, replace the "at" with the @ symbol.
Don't need the e-mail picked up by a spam generator.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 2,956 Likes on 981 Posts

Robingo,

have you thought about a screen play?

Can you please send me your email info via email.

I tried to pm you but your pm is turned off.

Thanks.

Tank

[email protected]
Old 11-18-2007, 10:36 AM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I too would be intrested in your book. I understand Ben is a nephew of Meyer Lansky. Ben's mother and Lansky's wife are sisters I belive.

Quick Reply: Books

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.