Notices

Finally.....

Old 10-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Chuck has made a sweet deal on a great boat. The seller worked for Mobil 1, so the engines have automatic pre-lubers on timers when you turn on the ignition keys. The engines sounded great and effortlessly climbed-up to top RPMs with no blowby or smoke. The heads have been done with premium aftermarket valve springs, retainers and locks.
The bottom has no evidence the boat was ever "cowboyed" in rough water. Chuck may have a little trouble if he's stopped on the water...the flares expired the year the boat was built! (1996).
Old 10-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to worry Ed.....I have already ordered a new kit complete with flares. Thanks again for going above and beyond for us. We really appreciate your honesty and integrity.

Please email me a copy of the full survey when you get a chance.

ED IS THE MAN!!!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good looking boat. I am jealous now. Looks like I missed it by just a little. Congats on a good buy.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Registered

Yeah Jeff I knew it wouldn't be up for long so we jumped on it right away. If you ever get down to New Orleans let me know we will take you out in the lake. Oh and bring those engines you have!!!!
Those things look SICK bro!!!

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
Good looking boat. I am jealous now. Looks like I missed it by just a little. Congats on a good buy.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by CAPTCHUCKV
Yeah Jeff I knew it wouldn't be up for long so we jumped on it right away. If you ever get down to New Orleans let me know we will take you out in the lake. Oh and bring those engines you have!!!!
Those things look SICK bro!!!
Those aren't mine, but I use them for motivation. I will be building some like them soon.

I took that picture at Leon Derebery's shop on lake Texoma. He has the toys up there.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Registered

Thats some serious motivation!!!!

Whats the power on those?
Old 10-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Steve_H

should have bought a cigarette

j/k. nice find. congrats

Old 10-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thats some serious motivation!!!!

Whats the power on those?
The one in front is pretty mild at 900. I don't know what the other 2 are.

He has 2 that he is building for his Skater that will make over 3000 each . Twin turbos, I don't know the rest of the specs.

I just found out that the throw down Scarab I bought over the weekend will need a short block installed. Good thing I have a couple extra engines in my garage to put into it.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Registered

We really wanted a Cig but we didn't want to pay 70-90k on a boat that was a minimum of 15 years old. What really killed us was the insurance prices. It is absolutely ridiculous down here right now.
We could have bought a Cig but after the insurance premium was paid we wouldn't have any gas money!!!

We found a really sweet deal and we couldn't pass on it. I am glad we opted for a bigger boat. I think almost 40' of boat is perfect for where we live. We can run in the Gulf down to Florida if we want and still be comfortable. I still love that Bullet though!!! You did really nice work on that boat... That thing is gorgeous!!!

Chuck

Originally Posted by Steve_H
should have bought a cigarette

j/k. nice find. congrats
Old 10-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I really wanted a Cig but I didn't want to pay 70-90k on a boat that was a minimum of 15 years old. What really killed us was the insurance prices. It is absolutely ridiculous down here right now.
We could have bought a Cig but after the insurance premium was paid we wouldn't have any gas money!!!

We found a really sweet deal and we couldn't pass on it. I am glad we opted for a bigger boat. I think almost 40' of boat is perfect for where we live. We can run in the Gulf down to Florida if we want and still be comfortable. I still love that Bullet though!!! You did really nice work on that boat... That thing is gorgeous!!!

Chuck

Your gonna love that Scarab. I just let my 38 go and I am allready kicking myself in the balls for doing it. You can set a mixed drink on the dash and run the boat and not spill a drop.

I mean glass of water.

Quick Reply: Finally.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.