Notices

39 sutphen om ebay.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to the owner/seller of the boat today about my Bravo's. I asked him about the Sutphen and he got it from Fred at Trick Marine, who bought it from a guy named Parnell (not sure if thats first name or last name). He said Fred dumped gobs of money into the boat and had some really nice motors built for it, but he thinks Fred ran out of money to finish it. He said there was some bad dealings between him & Fred when he bought the boat. He basically is parting the boat out to recover his investment. He sold the motors and now is selling the hull & trailer.

I'm not the judge or the jury so I'm not trying to pass any judgement or drama, just reporting what I was told....It is a very nice boat that is worth finishing...

Last edited by long duck dong; 10-10-2007 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Great lines on the 39' Sutphen! Love the all white paint!
Old 10-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by long duck dong
I talked to the owner/seller of the boat today about my Bravo's. I asked him about the Sutphen and he got it from Fred at Trick Marine, who bought it from a guy named Parnell (not sure if thats first name or last name). He said Fred dumped gobs of money into the boat and had some really nice motors built for it, but he thinks Fred ran out of money to finish it. He said there was some bad dealings between him & Fred when he bought the boat. He basically is parting the boat out to recover his investment. He sold the motors and now is selling the hull & trailer.

I'm not the judge or the jury so I'm not trying to pass any judgement or drama, just reporting what I was told....It is a very nice boat that is worth finishing...

It's amazing what you learn on OSO. I wasn't aware that I ran out of money to finish the boat.

Guess I know the whole story now.

Last edited by Too Old; 10-24-2007 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Too Old
It's amazing what you learn on OSO. I wasn't aware that I ran out of money to finish the boat.

no harm intended on my part Fred, just passing what I was told....

the motors were certainly nice...
Old 10-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by long duck dong
no harm intended on my part Fred, just passing what I was told....

the motors were certainly nice...
No harm....The truth rarely gets in the way of a good story around here.

Last edited by Too Old; 10-10-2007 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:23 PM
Registered

No harm....The truth rarely gets in the way of a good story around here.
unfreakin BELIEVABLE!! i MUST SAY THIS SITE IS GOING DOWN THE TOILET!!

What the hell is wrong with you people?? Most of what I have been reading lately is nothing short of BS.

If you dont own a boat,or dont know the real story keep your damn mouth shut.Most people on this site are real people who have real jobs,and really love powerboats.Lets get back on track!!

I joined this site 4 years ago and have done a fair amount of business and recieved alot of knowledge from the veterans (members) in that time.I think its sad when some **** stirrer comes on and tells a story or a poor version of the truth.This thread is a clear example of what Im talking about.People should spend more time writing facts instead of inuendo.

I dont need to speak up for Fred he's a big boy,but I will tell you this when I needed something he always came through.In my humble opinion a dying breed.Im not a mega poster on OSO which means I respond only to what I know,not what I think I know.If some members followed that lead there would be alot less negativity and more positive information posted that would help everyone.Thats why the site was created right??

PS , I'm not against freindly banter or heated post's but to ban people because of a difference of opinion is a joke.I realize Im off topic but I think people know what im talking about.who knows?

Well spoken Fred
Old 10-10-2007, 03:31 PM
RHC
Registered

Ok to post your thoughts Mr. Crack,,, in my mind you are spot on,, as for Fred well now , thats a whole new pan of burger's!! maybe one more FF and you could have finnished the boat, eh, old man !!

RHC
Old 10-10-2007, 03:35 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

If stories on here could kill a sale, that'd be rediculous.
If there is a serious buyer, they should do some research, not just read public forums.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:07 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,811 Likes on 901 Posts

We all know that you were so close to being finished with it that it scared you to think about actually getting it wet
Old 10-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
We all know that you were so close to being finished with it that it scared you to think about actually getting it wet

NOW THATS FUNNY

Quick Reply: 39 sutphen om ebay.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.