Notices

NIOC River shiver ????

Old 10-10-2007, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by klaw
hey just look around at states that are banning performance boat on some lakes it can happen I was not home but if everything was single file and oerfect gthey would not have set a record for complaints From what I heard from my gitlfrien they were 4 abreast by my house and people are clamoring for no wake on river and speed limiy on chain

The comments of no wake come from people with the political clout to make it happen
I hear what you are saying and you are right, it could happen.
I just think some of the people may have over exagerated the phone calls though.
When you first saw the heard coming down river, if you were looking at them head on, yeah it looked like they were three and four wide due to the fact that they were all staggered and not in a perfest straight line. But, when they actually went by, they were pretty much single file but staggered. If I had to guess, I bet none of them were doing more than 45MPH.
From what I was yold, the sherriff's told everybody at the drivers meeting that if they saw anyone driving reckless or doing something they shouldn't that they would be ticketed.
If thats the case, they should have run out of tickets that day.
There was a guy and his wife in a little 16' rental boat from Jett Funn that somehow ended up in the middle of the pack on the run down river and the sherriffs did a great job of pulling him out of the mix so no one got hurt.
I'm not trying to argue with you, this is just what I saw from actually being on the water with them.
By the way, I see your boat on the lift all the time, Sharp looking ride. A Cig is my next boat
Old 10-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GREAT RUN!!!!!

I never seen so many spectators on the river waving from their piers. It felt like a parade.

I was impressed that NIOC where able to get so many of the McHenry waterway at almost every mile marker with their signal lights on assisting the parade of boats.

If people had to bittch, there was no one to answer the phone because all of their patrol boats were with the club on the river.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

There should be one massive wave to wash Mineola away, the place is a sh*t hole.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:03 PM
Registered

After the group left Freddies, We went down to where my buddy has a house on the river and spectated from there...all the boaters took it very slow with the cops at the corner and bridge for safety...you guys did great and should not have gotten even one compliant.

Last edited by Back4More; 10-10-2007 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

What we witnessed every boat including us were in a single file line on the river. I never saw the speedo move (mine starts at 50). It was strange seeing so many people waving on thier docks. Many waved us to go faster, but we just waved back. Once we hit the lake we made a few fast runs. Great time.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP

I would recommend a meeting with the Sheriff or Waterway and the board to see what the issues or complaints were and let them know they will be addressed. The club has come a long way and is doing a great job. I'm sure the cops can see that. Also, let them know we were also testing boats and letting people know their dbA as they arrived as a courtesy!

We can police ourselves.
Great idea! The authorities truly appreciate being asked their opinions. It will go a long way in building a relationship between performance community and the local authorities.

It looks like a fun place to boat. I hope to attend the run next year. Hopefully without a winter parka.

Dan
Old 10-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP
Its in October. We should have parkas, hats and gloves...
Maybe next year. I think its the only reason Zastrow has a top for his.

Must be global warming. That Sommer kid is warming the climate 16 cylinders at a time. It must be his fault!
Dan
Old 10-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Registered

What is the dbA limit for the Chain?
Old 10-11-2007, 06:15 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by candyman35

Must be global warming. That Sommer kid is warming the climate 16 cylinders at a time. It must be his fault!
Dan
Hey now...I was warming Lake Michigan at the time.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:46 AM
VIP Member

90 at idle

75 for a drive by

Quick Reply: NIOC River shiver ????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.