Why Apache are so expensive? >

Why Apache are so expensive?

Notices

Why Apache are so expensive?

Old 10-23-2007, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by speedo
Bobby started Apache on 17th ave. By himself. Ben came along and like Victor Kiam [Remingtom Razor] liked the product so much he bought the company.

Eric
i will bet that this is correct..........any takers?????????
Old 10-23-2007, 11:06 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
Who built/rigged the first Top Gun?

Was the first Apache really a 41?
The first Apache is that 39 Squadron XII pictured above. The first Apache-built Apache came from the Aronow-designed & suppied 41' mold.

My guess is the first Top Gun was built by Cigarette
Old 10-23-2007, 11:15 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
The first Apache is that 39 Squadron XII pictured above. The first Apache-built Apache came from the Aronow-designed & suppied 41' mold.

My guess is the first Top Gun was built by Cigarette
Rumor has it that it was a 33' also called Warpath...
Old 10-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by el indio
i will bet that this is correct..........any takers?????????
How arethings in the windy city?!

Was talking to your ole friend yesterday...seems him and my pop knew some of the same people growing up.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Registered

Was talking to your ole friend yesterday...seems him and my pop knew some of the same people growing up.
small world.....seems no takers on my bet....will make it interesting....5 to 1 odds...any takers in the mcmannis camp...talk talk talk.......i was there.....
Old 10-23-2007, 11:35 AM
Registered

whos missing????????
Attached Thumbnails Why Apache are so expensive?-benbob.jpg   Why Apache are so expensive?-lastscan10.jpg   Why Apache are so expensive?-bob-ben.jpg  

Old 10-23-2007, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by el indio
whos missing????????
He was snapping the pics?
Old 10-23-2007, 12:00 PM

Rumor has it that it was a 33' also called Warpath...
The way I understand the story, Bob was waiting on getting the molds from Don but needed to get a boat rigged & racing. They used a Squadron hull. I have a videotape somewhere of the first Apache raceboat- it was at a race and Aronow was talking about how the boat performed. It won the race in a big way. He attributed the performance to the boat's length of 41'. He claimed it was the magic length to "bridge the waves". I haven't watched it in many years- it's on Beta.

Don't know the story behind the 33. They wouldn't have built that boat for competition in APBA Open class as it would have been 2' too short for the class. I can't imagine Ben Or Bob being interested in running a 33' V-bottom with 350 small-blocks in Modified.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
The way I understand the story, Bob was waiting on getting the molds from Don but needed to get a boat rigged & racing. They used a Squadron hull. I have a videotape somewhere of the first Apache raceboat- it was at a race and Aronow was talking about how the boat performed. It won the race in a big way. He attributed the performance to the boat's length of 41'. He claimed it was the magic length to "bridge the waves". I haven't watched it in many years- it's on Beta.

Don't know the story behind the 33. They wouldn't have built that boat for competition in APBA Open class as it would have been 2' too short for the class. I can't imagine Ben Or Bob being interested in running a 33' V-bottom with 350 small-blocks in Modified.
it had 482s and they did race it in the real early days....17th ave days where bob started apache...tom evans was the original boat builder/rigger. when sales took off ben moved him to the fort and got marc to reduce the production cost and time..cut corners so to speak..
Old 10-23-2007, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what Bobby told me my boat was built at Race Headquartes. Originaly with big power big blocks for its day and ran mid 90's. This was in 1983. Would this be before the move? He also stated most of the 33s were built at other shops.

Quick Reply: Why Apache are so expensive?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.