Why Apache are so expensive? >

Why Apache are so expensive?

Notices

Why Apache are so expensive?

Old 10-15-2007, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo2256b
Had a smaller new boat with some fancy factory paint added some custom paint on it becides. Most looked at the boat and said "I like the paint" or "nice boat super paint.
The Appache has a rather frugal paint job done well. No logo but people ask about the boat most know not what it is but comments like "wow thats a big boat" thats a nice boat what is it", people that care less about go fasts. There are bigger and smaller vesseles around me faster, faster looking but they seem drawn to the boat. Its not even the name it goes beyond that. Its the lines, the design, the shape of the hull bottom. Its difficult to take your eyes away from it if you know a thing about a well designed hull or not.
Hmmmm.....
Old 10-15-2007, 09:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
Mine did not sell for a ridiculous price, and they are heavy and slow. But worth EVERY penny

Kind of like comparing a Z06 to an exotic sports car. A Z06 will probably out run the exotic, but you won't see 4 other exotics at the stoplight either.
Over here I have more friends in Ferraris than a Z06...come think of it I donīt know anyone with a C6Z06.

Here you CAN see 4 Ferraris or whatever at a Stoplight BUT Iīm the ONLY one with C1 fuelie I know in the whole country !
Iīll never forget an officers face at a stoplight when I could read from his lips what he tried to spell ... C-O-R-V-E-T-T-E...*Priceless.
*Z06 is a top class Exotic with a fine racing pedigree, the wins in LeMans for example...

* Hell now Iīm starting to sound like Reggie Fountain..SHAME on me!

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 10-15-2007 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MegaByte*3
It's not just length and weight that makes for a great ride.

Someone with technical knowledge should discuss the virtues of Kevlar and Carbon Fiber.

T
Well regarding Apaches weight and Using the abovementioned stuff there wasnīt ANY technologial thought about it...guys splashed epoxy (or did they use normal resin with Kevlar????) like it was normal resin without a second thought IMO.
The lightest 41 lands at 8600 (?)...
No thats no lightweight considering materials used IMO.

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 10-15-2007 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:48 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by mccaffertee
What really makes this brand any different than a comparable Cigarette? They all share many of the same qualities, same construction, same rigging, same parts, basically just the builders name is different.
The majority of Cigs were and still are production based boats. Most, if not all, Apaches were custom built for each owner. Plus, the sheer number of Cigs built vs. Apache's is staggering, the market is flooded with them. The same goes for Formula etc.... There's not many Apaches out there.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ApachePete
Ah, not exactly.

Having owned 2 41-Apaches, as well as 3 Formulas ( 272, 357,382), I can assure you that there is absolutely NO comparison between them concerning ride.

Totally different animals.
So a 382/419 vs a 41 A....not even close, not even with Kaamas as they were equipped with from factory (RARE) ?
Could you share your knowledge.. ok the A is loud, doesnīt have all that cabin and glass windscreens and does have a straight racing pedigree which SR-1īs lack unless you go wayyyyy Back.

Howabout a Sutphen 39 then....now thats a rare bird with a fine heritage in a name...and an Even deeper V than anyother?
The Sutphen Family has made high perf boats 60+ yrs ..remember the Elco PT boats ?

I think the Apache hoopla is alive because thereīs been somuch talkabout them and every pleasure version owner likes to think they have a Warpath (or at least a former Drug runner) although thereīs surely quite a difference as can be read how 41 Aīs differ in their running and therefore configurations.
Reminds me of Every Ferrari (especially 250 GT 2+2) owner thinking they have their racing equivalent (250 GTO).

I see them fromer race 41Aīs none the better than any full tilt raceboat ..may it then be a Cig, CUV 41, Cougar 41, a FB design, Larry Smith 377 or whatever similar.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
The majority of Cigs were and still are production based boats. Most, if not all, Apaches were custom built for each owner. Plus, the sheer number of Cigs built vs. Apache's is staggering, the market is flooded with them. The same goes for Formula etc.... There's not many Apaches out there.
During Donīs time a Cig was built per customer and each was different so it is even to today as per Skip Braver "Today, Braver and his minority partner, Neill Hernandez, who joined the company after high school, oversee a staff of 115. Every boat is made to order, taking between two and four months to complete. Price tags range from $300,000 to $1 million and up.
Skip Braver Article..on OSO

So whats the Difference here actually?
Only the Bad Boy Heritage of a bygone era IMO.

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 10-15-2007 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by XtremePowerboats.com

I raced a Bad A-$ Apache "Tweet REVENGE " in 1992-1993 and sold it quickly in 1994 for less than it,s selling for Now !!It took over $650k ot build in 1992 and over 6 months ,we sold it for only $ 275 k and at the time we were glad it even sold . Now over 15 years later it,s worth more $.
do You regret selling it now?
Old 10-15-2007, 10:46 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
So whats the Difference here actually? Only the Bad Boy Heritage of a bygone era IMO.
I don't think we're comparing apples to apples.... First, Don didn't even own cig back when Apache was started... Back then the Apaches were dominating the scene and there were a heck of a lot less made... If Cigarette folded like Apache did I'm sure they would be just as valuable.

Apaches are a novelty item and people pay money for that.... Prices are set by the sellers and buyers, sometimes they're not in line but the bottom line is although these boats are old they hold their value (in some cases increase value) better than others. BTW, Cigs still hold value better than most brands but you can't go out and by an Apache today... You can buy a McManus Apache but it's not the same company...

This of course is my opinion and also the reason I would pay a little more to own an Apache, more than any other boat... I didn't want to pay the membership fee for the "Outerlimits Club" because I don't like them as much....
Old 10-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No i glad it sold ,But i wish it would have sold for the fair market value at the time ! The price we thought it would demand was $ 450k . But rumors and the oriingal owners legal problems caused too much negatives and the bottom fishers came out to snatch it up !
Old 10-15-2007, 11:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wouldn't say they're "expensive". There's one in the classifieds for $59K that could be bought for less. If you were to buy that boat, repaint it, replace the drives with 6's, toss in a set of nice 850's and completely paint/re-rig and reupholster it, you'd probably have a $150K boat. Problem is, you'd have spent $250 on the package.

It's tough to describe why anyone would want a 41. A Topgun is just "easier". You can pull it with an F350, it will fit in just about any rach storage facility and you can run nicely on Bravos and N/A power. The Apache (pleasure) needs a bigger truck to tow and expensive power to move it. And, lots more gas. You can pull into alot of docks and tie up next to 3 or 4 other Topguns on many days. If you wanted to tie up next to 3 or 4 Apache's, it would take weeks of coordination and some long-distance tows.

After it's all said and done, there's that Apache ride. I went from my 1st 41 into a 46 Cougar. I sold it 6 months later and bought another 41. The Cougar was nice but had nothing on the 41 in sloppy water.

Quick Reply: Why Apache are so expensive?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.