Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Why Apache are so expensive? >

Why Apache are so expensive?

Notices

Why Apache are so expensive?

Old 10-15-2007, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lets not forget Pizza Pizza,Kid apache ,Chunky express,inxs & Tweet Revenge all racing at the same time !Talking about kool,seeing all big vee bottom apache,sflying thru the ocean at the same time.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by XtremePowerboats.com
Lets not forget Pizza Pizza,Kid apache ,Chunky express,inxs & Tweet Revenge all racing at the same time !Talking about kool,seeing all big vee bottom apache,sflying thru the ocean at the same time.
Yea that is cool Larry. I wish I was around to see it. Do you ever miss running the big vee's?? I wish we'd had a big Apache in some of the water we've been stuck in. Awesome boats!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
I agree a Pontiac GTO is nice...got a 65 Gransport conv. in the garage waiting for restoration
But it´s 2yrs older than me!
A 65 Corvette Gran Sport?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
Seems Rob hasn´t taken the Apache to it´s limits yet and has been nice to you
No, he hasn't taken it to the limit yet because we didnt' go out in big water. There's a lot to learn with that, so we took on some 2 to 4's and 3 to 5's and want to try to ease into it.

We've only owned the boat less than two months. Next season (now that's she's out for the winter) we'll push her a little more, and a little more.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:43 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by rastinger
No, he hasn't taken it to the limit yet because we didnt' go out in big water. There's a lot to learn with that, so we took on some 2 to 4's and 3 to 5's and want to try to ease into it.

We've only owned the boat less than two months. Next season (now that's she's out for the winter) we'll push her a little more, and a little more.
don't worry, I ran WOT only once this year.... Never ran above 4500 the entire season, didn't need to.... We had a great time either way! The irony of it all is nothing major broke all season....
Old 10-16-2007, 08:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
don't worry, I ran WOT only once this year.... Never ran above 4500 the entire season, didn't need to.... We had a great time either way! The irony of it all is nothing major broke all season....
We ran WOT several times, but not for more than a minute. We did see 5300 a few times and she was still wanting to go, we just didn't want to break!

She loves to see 60 and 65, which is between 3600 and 4200 for us depending on which props we were using. We have a set of 17 x 28's and 17.5 x 31's (the later being labbed).

3000 is borning, but 3600 and over is too much fun!

By the way Panther, getting much sleep these days? How's that sweet little baby girl doing?
Old 10-16-2007, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm with you two. I only opened mine up once and I rarely run over 4,000 rpms. Most the time my kid falls asleep when we are running so I keep it between 3,000 and 3500 rpms.

Aside from a pesky electrical annoyance I didn't break anything either. As of last weekend I had 78 hours for the season and all I did was put fuel in her and change the oil and filters.
Attached Thumbnails Why Apache are so expensive?-oss-week-058-small-.jpg   Why Apache are so expensive?-dsc01847%5B1%5D-small-.jpg  
Old 10-16-2007, 08:14 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by rastinger
By the way Panther, getting much sleep these days? How's that sweet little baby girl doing?
Thanks for asking, she's doing great!!! So far it has been a lot easier than I was expecting.

Jodie, god bless her, gets a lot less sleep than I do... But mom and Ashley are doing well!
Attached Thumbnails Why Apache are so expensive?-family-medium-.jpg  
Old 10-16-2007, 08:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
Thanks for asking, she's doing great!!! So far it has been a lot easier than I was expecting.

Jodie, god bless her, gets a lot less sleep than I do... But mom and Ashley are doing well!
Glad to hear mom and Ashley are doing well. When she approaches the 6 to 8 week time period it will get easier and easier as far as sleep goes....well, hopefully!
Old 10-16-2007, 08:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by baywatch
I'm with you two. I only opened mine up once and I rarely run over 4,000 rpms. Most the time my kid falls asleep when we are running so I keep it between 3,000 and 3500 rpms.

Aside from a pesky electrical annoyance I didn't break anything either. As of last weekend I had 78 hours for the season and all I did was put fuel in her and change the oil and filters.
Awwww, look at the baby sleeping on the bench....cute!

We put about 23 hours from Aug 24 to Oct 8, so not too bad for only having the boat 6 weeks!

Quick Reply: Why Apache are so expensive?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.