Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Headsets are the way to go (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/171175-headsets-way-go.html)

Wild 10-15-2007 06:51 PM

Headsets are the way to go

Have had 3 or 4 weeks with the headsets working (had a little whinning in them, but got it fixed) and man that is where its at. you have to keep and eye on the gauges a little closer since you cant here the engines, but when running hard and having alot of wind noise it sure is nice to have good comunication with everyone on board.

GoFastSonic 10-15-2007 06:59 PM

We love our head phone system, we can hear each other, the VHF and the radio...it is great. Also at the end of the day you don't have a headache from the motors.

In New Jersey, we got ours from Piratecom. They are great guys, they came and did our install, called to follow up....great customer service. Pictures of our Sonic are under the high performace boats tab.

HABITUALVIOLATR 10-15-2007 07:04 PM

Randy, Who's system do you have in your boat?

Wild 10-15-2007 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by HABITUALVIOLATR (Post 2306702)
Randy, Who's system do you have in your boat?

Racing communcation is what came with the boat, but if i was going to do it myself i would have bucked up for the wireless ones.

Wild

dreamer 10-16-2007 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Wild (Post 2306743)
Racing communcation is what came with the boat, but if i was going to do it myself i would have bucked up for the wireless ones.

Wild

peltor bluetooth... 1000.00 per head set!!!!!!!!!!

otis311 10-16-2007 10:08 AM

I have to throw a plug for Piratecom headsets. I also have racing communications in my boat. Piratecom came and set up a display at my poker run last week and I was totally blown away on the quailty of their product. the pricing is way below other the compitions also

satisfied1 10-16-2007 03:49 PM

We have Revolution Marine set of 4. We love them, takes away allot of distraction. Also on a poker run the whole crew can let you know who is on the port and star. side. Also with me slow ride who is coming up behind us. Spend the money all in safety....

kjm5125 10-16-2007 05:44 PM

I have a Racing Communications system and they are absolutely worth every penny. Passengers will love'em.:D

Wild Card 09 10-17-2007 03:58 PM

Iīve been running with headsets this season, and I love them. Yes , they take away a little bit of the stress of the wind noise, integrates the passenger into the fun, and allows you to keep your eyes on the water.
Always use them on poker runs and longer trips. Although I have no mufflers on my 525, it is the wind noise that is the main factor.

I actually made mine up using Peltor hearing protectors and an intercom unit that is intended for motocycle helmet installation.
It has a noise suppression circuit and connections for the boatīs stereo, a cellphone and a boat to boat PMR.
They look just like the professional kit, and the whole (2 man) settup cost me about 200$. I have mounted the jacks into the cockpit side panels just behind the front seats, and the control unit (about the size of a Marlboro packet) is mounted on the wall just inside the cabin door.

Vinny P 10-17-2007 06:37 PM

I use Revolution Marines intercom system. Will never own a boat without them again.