Notices

New Aronow Film

Old 10-17-2007, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts
Default New Aronow Film

This is a release by Variety that Michael Aronow is working with some people out of Hollywood to produce the real story on Don, in a major motion picture.

Posted: Tue., Oct. 16, 2007, 8:00pm PT
Tony Scott to direct Don Aronow film
Lerner script follows cigarette boat inventor
By MICHAEL FLEMING
Fox 2000 and director Tony Scott are teaming on a feature about Don Aronow, the inventor of the cigarette boat.
Scott intends to helm the film from a script Michael A.M. Lerner is penning. Scott Free will produce.

Aronow was a self-made millionaire businessman and powerboat racing's world champ for 10 straight years. His cigarette boat became a favorite of Colombian drug smugglers looking to import their product into Miami in the 1980s. Aronow got a $20 million contract to build boats for U.S. Customs agents to catch the smugglers. He was eventually gunned down in 1987 in a mob-style hit in Miami.

Lerner teamed with partners Jeff Shapiro and Alan Hecht to option rights of Aronow's surviving son, Michael. Shapiro and Hecht will be exec producers.

Scott will first direct Denzel Washington in a remake of "The Taking of Pelham One Two Three" for Columbia Pictures.

Lerner is a former Newsweek correspondent who wrote and directed the indie feature "Deadlines," based on his experiences covering war in Lebanon.

Read the full article at:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117974172.html

Like this article? Variety.com has over 150,000 articles, 40,000 reviews and 10,000 pages of charts. Subscribe today!
http://www.variety.com/emailfriend
or call (866) MY-VARIETY.
Can't commit? Sign up for a free trial!

© 2007 Reed Business Information
Use of this Website is subject to Terms of Use. Privacy Policy
Old 10-17-2007, 06:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is great to hear. I have had real estate closings here on Long Island with Michael Arronow and he mentioned to me that he was working on this. How have you been making out with selling the Cig Models? Michael was kind enough to give me a picture of his father with the model as shown....
Old 10-17-2007, 06:52 AM
Registered

About a year ago there was an announcement that Edward Pressman was producing a film titled Donzi.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome. This should be something to look forward to!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This would be a different kind of movie to go see. We can have an OSO screening party. But, something tells me it will go right to DVD on a target shelf
Old 10-17-2007, 07:15 AM
Registered

Hope this goes all the way through!!
Old 10-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Registered

is this the Thunderman film
Old 10-17-2007, 06:04 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is cool. Please keep us updated.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:13 PM
Registered

this allen hecht is he an attorney here on long island?

Originally Posted by Top Banana
This is a release by Variety

that Michael Aronow is working with some people out of Hollywood to produce the real story on Don, in a major motion picture.

Posted: Tue., Oct. 16, 2007, 8:00pm PT
Tony Scott to direct Don Aronow film
Lerner script follows cigarette boat inventor
By MICHAEL FLEMING
Fox 2000 and director Tony Scott are teaming on a feature about Don Aronow, the inventor of the cigarette boat.
Scott intends to helm the film from a script Michael A.M. Lerner is penning. Scott Free will produce.

Aronow was a self-made millionaire businessman and powerboat racing's world champ for 10 straight years. His cigarette boat became a favorite of Colombian drug smugglers looking to import their product into Miami in the 1980s. Aronow got a $20 million contract to build boats for U.S. Customs agents to catch the smugglers. He was eventually gunned down in 1987 in a mob-style hit in Miami.

Lerner teamed with partners Jeff Shapiro and Alan Hecht to option rights of Aronow's surviving son, Michael. Shapiro and Hecht will be exec producers.

Scott will first direct Denzel Washington in a remake of "The Taking of Pelham One Two Three" for Columbia Pictures.

Lerner is a former Newsweek correspondent who wrote and directed the indie feature "Deadlines," based on his experiences covering war in Lebanon.

Read the full article at:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117974172.html

Like this article? Variety.com has over 150,000 articles, 40,000 reviews and 10,000 pages of charts. Subscribe today!
or call (866) MY-VARIETY.
Can't commit? Sign up for a free trial!

© 2007 Reed Business Information
Use of this Website is subject to Terms of Use. Privacy Policy
Old 10-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Titan
This is great to hear. I have had real estate closings here on Long Island with Michael Arronow and he mentioned to me that he was working on this. How have you been making out with selling the Cig Models? Michael was kind enough to give me a picture of his father with the model as shown....

We are currently sold out until after the new year. There will only be 100 made in total.

Someone else asked if this is the "Thunderman" film...no it is not.

Quick Reply: New Aronow Film

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.