Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boat & watercraft market?????  Down?? >

Boat & watercraft market????? Down??

Notices

Boat & watercraft market????? Down??

Old 10-19-2007, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the market here is off bad in our area. My local marina sells pontoons, aluminums, v-hulls, decks, sea-doos. Most of their stuff is quality boats from 26 foot and down, anything larger they usually order. Last year they sold like 61 aluminum boats rigged with trailers and outboards, this year they have sold a few G3s and thats about it. They are a monterey boat dealer and I bet they haven't sold 10 fiberglass v-hulls all summer long. Their marina is full of 2007 and even a few 2006 models that are brand new. The PWC business here is booming though, lots of those sold this summer.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

The funny part is that Cigarette boats are raising there prices another 15% more this month? I cannot believe guys are paying those prices
Old 10-19-2007, 09:23 AM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

The PWC business is down because all those punkass kids can't get 110% financing anymore! High end stuff is selling because those type people don't count on creative financing

Most people that own PWC's arent kids they are in the age rang from 30-60 years old, the PWC,s industry has changed greatly over the years, its geared more for adults now.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Donzi 26zx
The PWC business is down because all those punkass kids can't get 110% financing anymore! High end stuff is selling because those type people don't count on creative financing

Most people that own PWC's arent kids they are in the age rang from 30-60 years old, the PWC,s industry has changed greatly over the years, its geared more for adults now.
I'm just going by my area. Never see adults on them around here. Hope things turn around for you guys next year. When your business is up that means everyones is up!
Old 10-19-2007, 09:35 AM
Registered

I agree the PWC industry has changed, I see a bunch of older couples riding them on our lake all the time. Hell, they have become about as practical as a boat in today's time with the large storage and the ability to haul three folks, and even tow skiers and watersports activities. Hell they will even run 70+MPH out the door. Other than no lights to run at dark there isn't much difference for some, they'd rather have a PWC.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sales has & always will be a tough racket. It always goes up & down.. I did some sales at our place as well as brokerage in the past as a sideline, but now I just mainly do refferals for my customers looking for a boat.. Now my service, resto & Custom shop has been busier than ever.. So I dont have to really worry about sales at all..

However I know from some other places that we are friendly with that are mainly sales facilities that the sales there could be better.. The housing market, fuel prices & Banking procedures today are not doing anything to help the situation..

I would think eventually this will tun around for the better again as well, this $hit seems have cycles to it..

Jamie / Lakeside

Old 10-19-2007, 12:13 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Our biz is the slowest Ive seen 15 years,Its pretty soft.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Registered

dern...15 years, thats incredible man. I hope to see it pick up soon also. Like mentioned above, fuel costs has a bunch to do with it.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That and the fact that people in that boat price range can afford it.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:18 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am in the custom industrial hydraulic power unit business. We have more work on the books now than ever before. We are booked out until the end of the year and rapidly approching the end of January. That being said, component lead times for pumps, valves ect are edging out. This makes delivery date forecasting very difficult. The last time I saw this happen was just before the recession in the 70's.

Quick Reply: Boat & watercraft market????? Down??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.