Notices

'84 35 Mistress... cheap?

Old 04-01-2008, 11:08 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Reading in the Cig forum, the boat seems definitely repairable. Not easily, though. A bottom repair right in the middle is going to require a chunk of the liner to be cut out for access from the inside. Work would have to be done from both sides.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:12 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris is correct about that. The boat is repairable, but to do it the right way, it's gonna cost you a bunch of money. The current owner did'nt want to dish out the big $$$, so he did it the cheap way, and it came back after about a few hours of running in some choppy waters. Until it's fixed properly, all you'll be doing is chasing the problem.
That's probably why he never puts the boat in the water, cause he does'nt want the crack to "reappear".
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 04-02-2008, 06:40 AM
No Comment
VIP Member

Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x
That's probably why he never puts the boat in the water, cause he does'nt want the crack to "reappear".
Or the boat is still being his from debtors
Or you need gas money
Or you need insurance
Or you need a truck to get it to water
Or you need gas money for the truck
Or you know you will sink
Or you have to dish out money for updated flares
Or you know the motors will break down again
Old 04-02-2008, 08:18 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'll say one thing for him, he has the same taste in boats as I do. Old school offshore boats that need to be completely over hauled. I love old Mistresses and I loved the old Excalibur I bought from him that was his previous boat. I just wasn't willing to write the checks to finish that one, but I got an education.

I love looking in the Scarab forum. "I just got a great deal on a 198X Scarab." Soon it becomes the Scarab project thread and "I plan to have it in the water by....". Then it disappears for 3 or 4 years.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:25 PM
No Comment
VIP Member

Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.

Originally Posted by Jammin'
I'll say one thing for him, he has the same taste in boats as I do. Old school offshore boats that need to be completely over hauled. I love old Mistresses and I loved the old Excalibur I bought from him that was his previous boat. I just wasn't willing to write the checks to finish that one, but I got an education.

I love looking in the Scarab forum. "I just got a great deal on a 198X Scarab." Soon it becomes the Scarab project thread and "I plan to have it in the water by....". Then it disappears for 3 or 4 years.
nothin like buying an old mistress for 32k and throwing anouther 100K at it
Old 04-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by packinair
nothin like buying an old mistress for 32k and throwing anouther 100K at it
Sounds like buying stock in Enron
Old 04-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Registered

i can't beleve all the people who would buy a boat that needs all kinds of fiberglass work ,but wouldn't spend the same money for a boat that needs 10-20 hrs to button up the little things,like on my 35' mistress,everytime i try to sell it i keep hearing its too much work,,,too what cut 4 holes in the transom for the header tailpipes,hook up 2 fuel lines and take off the tacky yellow/blue wave colored stripes on the sides,,but they don't take into account that this boat is an unwrecked clean rare[org teak interior] piece of cig history and most parts on it are new or rebuilt,its got 2-454 efi rebuilt quicksilver engines,2 bw trannys,#3ssm drives all rebuilt by speedmasters of fla,a newer cockpit w/drop out bolsters,gaffrig/livorsi gauges,zero effort throttles,kiekeffer k-planes,,and its on a 3 axle steel trailer with eoh disc brakes,,im to the point im going to part it out just to break even
Old 08-26-2008, 12:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dmaxx3500
i can't beleve all the people who would buy a boat that needs all kinds of fiberglass work ,but wouldn't spend the same money for a boat that needs 10-20 hrs to button up the little things,like on my 35' mistress,everytime i try to sell it i keep hearing its too much work,,,too what cut 4 holes in the transom for the header tailpipes,hook up 2 fuel lines and take off the tacky yellow/blue wave colored stripes on the sides,,but they don't take into account that this boat is an unwrecked clean rare[org teak interior] piece of cig history and most parts on it are new or rebuilt,its got 2-454 efi rebuilt quicksilver engines,2 bw trannys,#3ssm drives all rebuilt by speedmasters of fla,a newer cockpit w/drop out bolsters,gaffrig/livorsi gauges,zero effort throttles,kiekeffer k-planes,,and its on a 3 axle steel trailer with eoh disc brakes,,im to the point im going to part it out just to break even
Still got the Mistress for sale?
Old 08-26-2008, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a great piece of CPC history, . This is the first time I've heard or read the whole story.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by c_deezy
Still got the Mistress for sale?
It's in the Boatfreaks classifieds- and maybe in our new swap section

Quick Reply: '84 35 Mistress... cheap?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.