Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   '84 35 Mistress... cheap? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/171457-84-35-mistress-cheap.html)

Keytime 10-19-2007 11:04 AM

'84 35 Mistress... cheap?

Is it just me, or does this seem pretty cheap?

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...sp&searchtype=

I realize it hasn't been upgraded cosmetically, but it seems that repowering and a trailer would get this price up a bit higher.

Magic Medicine 10-19-2007 03:53 PM

Ask around maybe some of the CPC member will chime in, bottom line you don't want that boat!

nocigarette 10-19-2007 03:58 PM

it seemed cheap to me also, but i never layed eyes or hands on it............

Roger 1 10-21-2007 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine (Post 2311292)
Ask around maybe some of the CPC member will chime in, bottom line you don't want that boat!

Better off passing on this one.

10x 10-22-2007 09:36 AM

Can't really tell from the pic, but, was'nt that cashbrains old Cig?? Heard that boat got repo'd a few years back, :rolleyes: I see it "SURFACED" again.

IF it is the same boat, I wonder if it still has all my duct tape holding the bottom together. Like I said, not really sure if it is or not. :rolleyes:

Where's "Mr. Cig" ?? I think he might have some pics. :hitfan: He's one the the Cigarette experts from the Chi-Town area. If he don't know, then noone does.:ernaehrung004:

Roger 1 10-23-2007 09:58 AM

A question was asked and I replied to it. I just don't want to see someone get burned by buying a boat that has issues that could cause an unsafe condition where people could be injured or worse.
The boat had a serious problem, if it was repaired properly, the seller should disclose this information and let the buyer decide for himself.
Because of my short post above, I recieve and email from the owner that contained nothing but name calling and insults. Nothing that would dispute anything that I posted, just ranting about posting an honest opinion based on the facts as I know them. I'm sure that this comes as no surprise to the people that are familiar with this individual.

wstultz 10-23-2007 10:51 AM

I was looking at going to Chicago to look at this boat. I was not told anything about any repairs that were structural. The only repair I was told about was in the cabin. I was told by the broker that the owner removed the toilet area between the seats to give it more room. Am I hearing differently??? Was there a major repair. If that is the case, both the broker and the owner did not mention a thing and I very glad I did not waste my time or money to fly to Chicago to see yet another misrepresented boat.

I do not know anything about the broker or the owner because I have only talked to the broker over the phone. (who was very professional) This is not a mud slinging post but rather a post by someone interested in the boat but this talk of hidden repairs is turning me in the other direction. I realize that she is old and with an old boat comes repairs and maintenance but anything that has been done should be disclosed before someone wastes their time and money to look at it.

berns29scarab 10-23-2007 11:17 AM

ok spill it...WHATS THE REAL STORY !!

Roger 1 10-23-2007 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by cigaretteracingteam (Post 2314401)
I currently own a 28 CIG and would buy this boat in a minute.I live in Michigan and drove over to see the boat,because I want a larger boat.
I also asked Jack about this thread and it apprears that people just can't leave anything alone.Just people with some ax to grind.
He mentioned that you were his friend and also don't know anything about this boat. Is that true?If there are any issues,that is not your place to say anything unless you know exactly what you are talking about.Have you ever been on the boat?
He also told me everything about the boat.Is this not full discloser? And I would still buy the boat,because the repair work was nominal(I also talked to the guy that repaired it)
All Cigs flex,even my 28.Nothing new here,just people who don't know anything throwing in there 2 cents.
If I can sell my boat, I will buy this boat in a second

I just read all the mudslinging on these sights and it's

ridiculous.Grow up !!

I say again. I responded to a question and answerd it to the best of my knowedge. So why the hostility? If you were told about the repair and are happy with what you saw then buy the boat.

Roger 1 10-23-2007 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by wstultz (Post 2314439)
I was looking at going to Chicago to look at this boat. I was not told anything about any repairs that were structural. The only repair I was told about was in the cabin. I was told by the broker that the owner removed the toilet area between the seats to give it more room. Am I hearing differently??? Was there a major repair. If that is the case, both the broker and the owner did not mention a thing and I very glad I did not waste my time or money to fly to Chicago to see yet another misrepresented boat.

I do not know anything about the broker or the owner because I have only talked to the broker over the phone. (who was very professional) This is not a mud slinging post but rather a post by someone interested in the boat but this talk of hidden repairs is turning me in the other direction. I realize that she is old and with an old boat comes repairs and maintenance but anything that has been done should be disclosed before someone wastes their time and money to look at it.

There is a different reason as to why the head was removed.
10x here on the board has first hand knowledge about that and can furthur enlighten you.

There was a serious problem with the bottom of that boat. If it was repaired properly and the survey looks good then fine.
I can't for the life of me figure out why a prospective buyer would become angry with me for pointing out an issue with a boat that he was interesed in purchasing and possibly saving him a load of grief. If the survey comes back unfavorable will he be angry with the surveyor as well? And by all means. GET A SURVEY DONE!