Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   '84 35 Mistress... cheap? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/171457-84-35-mistress-cheap.html)

Keytime 10-19-2007 11:04 AM

'84 35 Mistress... cheap?

Is it just me, or does this seem pretty cheap?

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...sp&searchtype=

I realize it hasn't been upgraded cosmetically, but it seems that repowering and a trailer would get this price up a bit higher.

Magic Medicine 10-19-2007 03:53 PM

Ask around maybe some of the CPC member will chime in, bottom line you don't want that boat!

nocigarette 10-19-2007 03:58 PM

it seemed cheap to me also, but i never layed eyes or hands on it............

Roger 1 10-21-2007 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine (Post 2311292)
Ask around maybe some of the CPC member will chime in, bottom line you don't want that boat!

Better off passing on this one.

10x 10-22-2007 09:36 AM

Can't really tell from the pic, but, was'nt that cashbrains old Cig?? Heard that boat got repo'd a few years back, :rolleyes: I see it "SURFACED" again.

IF it is the same boat, I wonder if it still has all my duct tape holding the bottom together. Like I said, not really sure if it is or not. :rolleyes:

Where's "Mr. Cig" ?? I think he might have some pics. :hitfan: He's one the the Cigarette experts from the Chi-Town area. If he don't know, then noone does.:ernaehrung004:

Roger 1 10-23-2007 09:58 AM

A question was asked and I replied to it. I just don't want to see someone get burned by buying a boat that has issues that could cause an unsafe condition where people could be injured or worse.
The boat had a serious problem, if it was repaired properly, the seller should disclose this information and let the buyer decide for himself.
Because of my short post above, I recieve and email from the owner that contained nothing but name calling and insults. Nothing that would dispute anything that I posted, just ranting about posting an honest opinion based on the facts as I know them. I'm sure that this comes as no surprise to the people that are familiar with this individual.

wstultz 10-23-2007 10:51 AM

I was looking at going to Chicago to look at this boat. I was not told anything about any repairs that were structural. The only repair I was told about was in the cabin. I was told by the broker that the owner removed the toilet area between the seats to give it more room. Am I hearing differently??? Was there a major repair. If that is the case, both the broker and the owner did not mention a thing and I very glad I did not waste my time or money to fly to Chicago to see yet another misrepresented boat.

I do not know anything about the broker or the owner because I have only talked to the broker over the phone. (who was very professional) This is not a mud slinging post but rather a post by someone interested in the boat but this talk of hidden repairs is turning me in the other direction. I realize that she is old and with an old boat comes repairs and maintenance but anything that has been done should be disclosed before someone wastes their time and money to look at it.

berns29scarab 10-23-2007 11:17 AM

ok spill it...WHATS THE REAL STORY !!

Roger 1 10-23-2007 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by cigaretteracingteam (Post 2314401)
I currently own a 28 CIG and would buy this boat in a minute.I live in Michigan and drove over to see the boat,because I want a larger boat.
I also asked Jack about this thread and it apprears that people just can't leave anything alone.Just people with some ax to grind.
He mentioned that you were his friend and also don't know anything about this boat. Is that true?If there are any issues,that is not your place to say anything unless you know exactly what you are talking about.Have you ever been on the boat?
He also told me everything about the boat.Is this not full discloser? And I would still buy the boat,because the repair work was nominal(I also talked to the guy that repaired it)
All Cigs flex,even my 28.Nothing new here,just people who don't know anything throwing in there 2 cents.
If I can sell my boat, I will buy this boat in a second

I just read all the mudslinging on these sights and it's

ridiculous.Grow up !!

I say again. I responded to a question and answerd it to the best of my knowedge. So why the hostility? If you were told about the repair and are happy with what you saw then buy the boat.

Roger 1 10-23-2007 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by wstultz (Post 2314439)
I was looking at going to Chicago to look at this boat. I was not told anything about any repairs that were structural. The only repair I was told about was in the cabin. I was told by the broker that the owner removed the toilet area between the seats to give it more room. Am I hearing differently??? Was there a major repair. If that is the case, both the broker and the owner did not mention a thing and I very glad I did not waste my time or money to fly to Chicago to see yet another misrepresented boat.

I do not know anything about the broker or the owner because I have only talked to the broker over the phone. (who was very professional) This is not a mud slinging post but rather a post by someone interested in the boat but this talk of hidden repairs is turning me in the other direction. I realize that she is old and with an old boat comes repairs and maintenance but anything that has been done should be disclosed before someone wastes their time and money to look at it.

There is a different reason as to why the head was removed.
10x here on the board has first hand knowledge about that and can furthur enlighten you.

There was a serious problem with the bottom of that boat. If it was repaired properly and the survey looks good then fine.
I can't for the life of me figure out why a prospective buyer would become angry with me for pointing out an issue with a boat that he was interesed in purchasing and possibly saving him a load of grief. If the survey comes back unfavorable will he be angry with the surveyor as well? And by all means. GET A SURVEY DONE!

StraightJacket 10-23-2007 12:18 PM

I thought that was the" All Cracked Up " boat from in town . Sounds to me as if the perspective buyer might be the worried seller. 3 POST, Something smells fishy.

Roger 1 10-23-2007 12:23 PM

Hey Brian. How goes the boat?

TexomaPowerboater 10-23-2007 12:59 PM

Nothing wrong with spilling the beans.

Cigaretteracingteam - welcome to the new world of boat purchasing thanks to OSO. As a current shopper I think I can speak for a lot people in saying that we are tired of the BS Buyer beware after I lie about the condition of the boat story. So dry your eyes if the story sucks and cut your loses short. If the broker doesn't want to disclose anything, which is pretty normal, then we have every right to ask around. I have done this with boats and I find it very helpful, but in the end the survey always tells the most current real story of the boat.

I think that most of this info on other boats is taken with a grain of salt, from the buyers perspective. BUT it does give a purchaser one more thing to ask about or to look for.

seafordguy 10-23-2007 01:41 PM

[QUOTE=cigaretteracingteam;2314638]No hostility,just facts.I am going to buy it and I have had a survey.No problems,just need to sell my boat,but, there's prolly sumthing wrong with my boat.too:hitfan:
QUOTE]

Look man - I am not trying to discourage you or start any mudslinging but all of your defensive posts sound fishy. In the past 20 hours you have gone from "I have seen the boat and it is a great boat", to "I have had a survey done and I am going to buy the boat". No offense but that sounds odd.

You came right out of the gates accusing people of having "an axe to grind", telling them to grow up, and that they need to know facts before they post, to bashing some guy because he is working on his boat. ALL the guys' were trying to say was to inspect the boat because there was some repair work done to it. I would DEFINITELY want to know that if I was going to travel to look at the boat as wstultz was going to do - not that he should be discouraged from buying the boat but so he can ask the appropriate questions before he spends money on travel costs.

I think it is great to have a forum like this where people know the history of almost every single boat in a hobby we enjoy.

wstultz 10-23-2007 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater (Post 2314628)
Nothing wrong with spilling the beans.

Cigaretteracingteam - welcome to the new world of boat purchasing thanks to OSO. As a current shopper I think I can speak for a lot people in saying that we are tired of the BS Buyer beware after I lie about the condition of the boat story.

AAAMEN

wstultz 10-23-2007 01:55 PM

[QUOTE=seafordguy;2314674]

Originally Posted by cigaretteracingteam (Post 2314638)
No hostility,just facts.I am going to buy it and I have had a survey.No problems,just need to sell my boat,but, there's prolly sumthing wrong with my boat.too:hitfan:
QUOTE]

Look man - I am not trying to discourage you or start any mudslinging but all of your defensive posts sound fishy. In the past 20 hours you have gone from "I have seen the boat and it is a great boat", to "I have had a survey done and I am going to buy the boat". No offense but that sounds odd.

You came right out of the gates accusing people of having "an axe to grind", telling them to grow up, and that they need to know facts before they post, to bashing some guy because he is working on his boat. ALL the guys' were trying to say was to inspect the boat because there was some repair work done to it. I would DEFINITELY want to know that if I was going to travel to look at the boat as wstultz was going to do - not that he should be discouraged from buying the boat but so he can ask the appropriate questions before he spends money on travel costs.

I think it is great to have a forum like this where people know the history of almost every single boat in a hobby we enjoy.

I would definitely NOT be discouraged to buy an old boat that had been repaired AS LONG AS I knew that it had been repaired, where the repair was done, and who did the repair. All I have had is old boats and I realize some need work and that's fine.

That is what posts like: "Who knows this boat" and "Has anyone seen this boat" are for, sellers trying to hide something. So basically there is no reason to get upset about a thread like this one , unless you are trying to hide something. It is a beautiful old mistress and I hope it sells to someone who will take care of her.

W

Tom A. 10-23-2007 01:57 PM

Speaking as an outside party who has nothing to gain or loose from this thread, there is a wealth of knowledge floating around this board and it should be taken into consideration. I got alot of helpful information when shopping for my new/used boat.
If you had the survey done and you are happy with the boat, great! However, you don't have to attack a person for saying stay away from it. If you know more than someone posting than clarify the situation. I don't know either one of you but I do know how many posts Roger1 has and the productive imput he has put in over the years. You on the other hand joined claiming to defend your future purchase, yet just bash a member who simply stated "Better off passing on that one".
Seems like you stuck your nose in here.
Just my .02

seafordguy 10-23-2007 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by wstultz (Post 2314684)

I would definitely NOT be discouraged to buy an old boat that had been repaired AS LONG AS I knew that it had been repaired, where the repair was done, and who did the repair. All I have had is old boats and I realize some need work and that's fine.

That is what posts like: "Who knows this boat" and "Has anyone seen this boat" are for, sellers trying to hide something. So basically there is no reason to get upset about a thread like this one , unless you are trying to hide something. It is a beautiful old mistress and I hope it sells to someone who will take care of her.

W

For clarification - I wasn't directing my first post at you - I was trying to say that the disclosure of information about a repair on this website is useful to someone like you who would potentially travel to look at a boat.

Roger 1 10-23-2007 02:49 PM

No hostility,just facts.I am going to buy it and I have had a survey.No problems,just need to sell my boat,but, there's prolly sumthing wrong with my boat.too:hitfan:
Here's a fact that I heard. You have never owned a twin engined boat(including the TG that u have been working on 4 three years), so u are far from an authority on anything.
Just hate this netslamming crap.
GET A LIFE !!

Again, personal attacks. It's true that the top gun that I'm working on is my first twin. What that has to do with my offering advice has me puzzled. I'm restoring my boat as time and money allow and don't intend on going into debt to do it.
As far as my authority or expertise on any subject goes. From your posts, I doubt that you would be able to understand any of it.

Roger A. Holmberg

Roger 1 10-23-2007 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A. (Post 2314690)
Speaking as an outside party who has nothing to gain or loose from this thread, there is a wealth of knowledge floating around this board and it should be taken into consideration. I got alot of helpful information when shopping for my new/used boat.
If you had the survey done and you are happy with the boat, great! However, you don't have to attack a person for saying stay away from it. If you know more than someone posting than clarify the situation. I don't know either one of you but I do know how many posts Roger1 has and the productive imput he has put in over the years. You on the other hand joined claiming to defend your future purchase, yet just bash a member who simply stated "Better off passing on that one".
Seems like you stuck your nose in here.
Just my .02

Thanks for the kind words Tom. It's appreciated.

Roger 1

Sydwayz 10-23-2007 03:04 PM

Here's a fact that I heard. You have never owned a twin engined boat(including the TG that u have been working on 4 three years), so u are far from an authority on anything.
Just hate this netslamming crap.
GET A LIFE !!

Allllllllrighty then. What's the basis for the personal attack on Roger? The only person doing any "netslamming" is you! (PS, did you make that up?)
:angry-smiley-038:

Roger is not the only one that posted info about the boat, either. Again, the attack seems rather personally motivated/focused.

I've known Roger for several years, and he is friends with nearly every other Chicagoland power boater as well. Your claim here is absolutely irrelevant and unfounded. Roger has forgotten more about boats and the overall mechanics of just about anything than any of us will ever have the opportunity to know. He's as honest as they come, and could not be a nicer gentlemen. If he has information to share from a solicited question about said subject, who are you to come on here and launch a personal attack for him disclosing pertinent and honest solicitedinformation?

If you like this boat so much, FINE. Go buy it. Then, the purpose for this post will be irrelevant, as the boat will no longer be for sale, everyone can continue skipping down their own happy little paths. :sport009: :party-smiley-020:

Sydwayz 10-23-2007 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by cigaretteracingteam
I completely agree with you,but, Roger knows nothing about the boat,but he stated"facts".That was my point.

Why don't you take this up with Roger in person? I'm sure you two can work this out 'mano a mano'. :nhl_fight:

Please let me know where and when, as I'll fly in for such! :ernaehrung004::food-smiley-007:

TexomaPowerboater 10-23-2007 03:22 PM

If I was really interested in this boat and I knew that nothing was wrong with it (because of a survey) - if anything I would let the rumors keep on flying so as to keep other buyers away until I had my boat sold so that I could go buy it myself. The last thing I would do is tell other people how great of a boat it is unless I have no intention of purchasing.

wstultz 10-23-2007 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by seafordguy (Post 2314717)
For clarification - I wasn't directing my first post at you - I was trying to say that the disclosure of information about a repair on this website is useful to someone like you who would potentially travel to look at a boat.

I understand and agree.

sellsman11 10-23-2007 03:29 PM

My dad can beat up your dad.:Whatever:

StraightJacket 10-23-2007 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by cigaretteracingteam (Post 2314765)
Someone who has integrity talks from fact,not fiction.I spoke to the owner and Roger has never been on or seen the boat up close.How would you know so much about it?
My point is if I buy the boat,are you guys going to netslam (yes,I made it up) me and my boat. get it?

Alot of us here in Chicago saw the 6 foot piece of duct tape down the bottom of the hull . Hope the guy who did the repair is good I know it wasn't Nabbers, Who is awesome. And I have grown up on twins and an currently rigging 2 T/G's , and my Python when its done being built. Good luck with your purchase, Hope you have some mechanical skills, and yes an old Mistress in good shape is a great boat. If I were you i would just drop the subject and shut your C*ck holster for a while.

Roger , it is upside down getting the streakes extended and possibly a small pad then the mold will be made off it. Then I will get it back and the rigging will proceed , hope to have it done for Frankie and Louies in June. Triple digits...... But i also have these other side projects going to.

Roger 1 10-23-2007 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by cigaretteracingteam (Post 2314790)
And then have to deal with this AFTER I buy the boat? I would like these people to be honest now before I buy it. No one should be talking about something they know nothing about.
The only thing that would stop me from buying this boat is their vendetta against the owner,which I know nothing about and has nothing to do with the boat.
So,if I buy it,all this will go away,right?hardly
LET'S GET THE TRUTH ON THE TABLE. I WANT TO KNOW WHEN ROGER WAS ON THE BOAT?

I was never out on the boat. I WAS on the boat when it was on a trailer shortly after Jack bought it, and I thought that it was a pretty nice looking boat that seemed to be in nice shape for its age.

Again, opinions were requested and I offered mine based on the information that I had about the large split that developed in the bottom of the hull.

You say that the only thing that would stop you from buying the boat is the ''vendetta'' against the owner? I know that if I wanted to buy something, what you percieve to be a vendetta would not stop me. The damage history is another story.

Why do you want to make this a personal issue, this is about a boat. Wether you buy it or not makes no difference to me. You are correct that when you make a purchase, the damage history goes with it and does'nt get washed away with a title change.

"IF" you have in fact had the boat surveyed and are happy with the results and end up buying it. I wish you many happy hour of enjoyment.

Roger 1 10-23-2007 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by cigaretteracingteam (Post 2314790)
And then have to deal with this AFTER I buy the boat? I would like these people to be honest now before I buy it. No one should be talking about something they know nothing about.
The only thing that would stop me from buying this boat is their vendetta against the owner,which I know nothing about and has nothing to do with the boat.
So,if I buy it,all this will go away,right?hardly
LET'S GET THE TRUTH ON THE TABLE. I WANT TO KNOW WHEN ROGER WAS ON THE BOAT?

We have tried to be honest with you and have been rewarded with your personal attacks for our efforts.

Roger 1 10-23-2007 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by cigaretteracingteam (Post 2314882)
Ok,so tell me about the split and the info about Chris Merril
Did the boat have a"split" when you saw it? or was this just info that someone provided to you?

And why would 10x say that it was repoed? Another lie

I don't know about Chris Merrill.
The boat did not have the split in it when I saw it. Frank told me about it as well as Jack himself.
10x is a grownup and can speak for himself. Why don't you ask him?

Roger 1 10-23-2007 04:51 PM

[QUOTE=cigaretteracingteam;2314895]

Originally Posted by Roger 1 (Post 2314868)
Wether you buy it or not makes no difference to me.
QUOTE]

Then why would you post anything about the boat?

Because opinions were requested, Try to keep up.:rolleyes:

packinair 03-07-2008 01:07 PM

WOW.. it sounds like this boat has had alot of covered up damage and has been cheeply repaired. I hope noone gets burned, lots of scumbags out there

packinair 03-07-2008 01:32 PM

WOW... WHAT A GREAT STORY.. Sure sounds like this could really endanger someones family is they were out on it

As for getting back to the bottom of things here, and I'm speaking about the bottom of the hull, there's alot going on there. From what I know, Chris Merrill out of Indiana, did the first repair on the crack in the bottom of the hull. Now, Jack says that he did not do the repair properly, so Jack stopped payment on the check.

Chris on the other hand, told Jack that the proper way to repair a crack that large was to do it from the inside, that was gonna cost quite a bit of money.Way more money that Jack was willing to spend. So, Jack told Chris that he wanted him to do the repair from the outside, because it would save him a bunch of $$$$.Chris repaired it from the outside like Jack requested, and after a couple hours of pounding waves in lake Michigan, the bilge pump was coming on every 3-4 minutes.I happened to be in the harbor that day, and Jack asked me to see if I could find what was leaking water into his engine compartment. After a couple hours of checking all the fittings and hoses, I noticed that the water was coming from under the cockpit. Going into the cabin, I pulled an inspection cover in the floor, and seen a steady stream of water flowing down the center of the hull. Immediatly, we both assumed that the toilet discharge fitting under the toilet which goes through the bottom of the hull, must be leaking.
Jack could'nt get his trailer back from Chris because Jack stopped payment on his check and Chris would'nt release the trailer till the bill was paid up.Now, the boat was sinking in the harbor, the batteries were going dead cause the battery chargers did'nt work, and Jack had no trailer, or truck for that matter to pull the boat out of the water.I seen a trailer in the harbor parking lot that had no lock on the tongue, and I thought that the Cig would fit on it, so I hooked it up to my truck, backed it down the ramp, and we got the Cig onto it so it would'nt sink.Once it was out of the water, there was a steady stream of water pouring out of the bottom of the hull about an inch from the bottom V. After all the water drained out, I got under the boat to find a crack about atleast 7-8 feet long, and that's when Jack told me that Chris was supposed to have fixed it. That was the first I heard about the damage to the bottom.

Well, we did'nt know who's trailer we put the boat on, and now it was getting dark out and we had to get the boat back off the trailer and into the water. So I dried off the bottom as good as I could with towels, and I got a big roll of duct tape, and started laying strips of the duct tape over the crack, down the bottom of the hull, and about a foot up both sides of the bottom V. I was hoping that atleast this would prevent any more water from coming into the boat and sinking it.There were many people around us that day watching what we were doing, and some of them even offered to help us by pointing their headlights of their cars on the bottom of the boat because it was getting near midnight, and it was dark. The boat was put back into the water, and the duct tape held tight, and there were no leaks. This was the talk of the harbor, and the next day, one of the divers that cleaned the bottoms of the boats for us heard of what we did, and he dove under the boat to see for himself. Pictures were taken under water of my patch job, and alot of my friends were razzing me about what I did. I never told anyone about what happened, even when I was asked, but some how Jack assumed that I was the one with the "big mouth" that told the whole harbor, and ever since he's been PO'ed at me. Not that I really care, but all I did was try to keep a friends boat, or at least at the time I THOUGHT that he was my friend, from sinking.Don't really know much of what ever happened to the boat after it was pulled out of the water, other than the shop it was at, the work was stopped on it for lack of payment.

Heard it was repo'd and for sale at some boat yard in northern Ill. Then thought it went into a bankruptcy shortly after. Maybe it did'nt if it was'nt disclosed to the bankruptcy attorneys.I could go on further, but I think I'll let it go for now. It would be a GREAT boat for a guy that knows how to repair a bottom the correct way, or maybe I should say, for a guy that is willing to spend the money to have it properly repaired. Hope I did'nt ruin anyone's "dream" boat, but alot of you guys wanted to know the facts, and these are the facts, like it or not.

bootdaddy 03-07-2008 02:37 PM

As a non-partial observer and Mistress owner I appreciate the facts from those willing to voice their knowledge...

most importantly...never leave the dock without some DUCT TAPE!!!!:D:D:D

very impressive and no wonder word got out!

Ike 03-07-2008 03:40 PM

Man you would think this was an apache thread.:hitfan::D:angry-smiley-038:

packinair 03-07-2008 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by bootdaddy (Post 2475500)
As a non-partial observer and Mistress owner I appreciate the facts from those willing to voice their knowledge...

most importantly...never leave the dock without some DUCT TAPE!!!!:D:D:D

very impressive and no wonder word got out!

:cool-smiley-011:

Payton 03-08-2008 07:50 AM

And why was this brought up again?

I really don't care, it's just that I know if you stir old chit it stinks again. And rarely helps the smell of the stirrer.

candyman35 03-31-2008 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by packinair (Post 2475378)
WOW.. it sounds like this boat has had alot of covered up damage and has been cheeply repaired. I hope noone gets burned, lots of scumbags out there

I like your choice of words. :evilb: Thanks for bringing this back to the top. We now have 1651 well informed buyers and counting. :drink:

packinair 03-31-2008 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by candyman35 (Post 2506099)
I like your choice of words. :evilb: Thanks for bringing this back to the top. We now have 1651 well informed buyers and counting. :drink:

I got a text message not long ago from "someone" calling me a scumbag and I guess I got inspired at the time.. BTW.. I am pretty sure I read you are the new leader of us scumbags? maybe we should start a club :D LMAO I just would feel bad if I knew a boat was dangerous and someone spent their hard earned money on a boat and their family got hurt because it was unsafe and I know about it. Just because there are members that can make a motor run good with ducttape does not mean it is safe to use it to hold the hull together

10x 03-31-2008 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by packinair (Post 2475411)
WOW... WHAT A GREAT STORY.. Sure sounds like this could really endanger someones family is they were out on it

As for getting back to the bottom of things here, and I'm speaking about the bottom of the hull, there's alot going on there. From what I know, Chris Merrill out of Indiana, did the first repair on the crack in the bottom of the hull. Now, Jack says that he did not do the repair properly, so Jack stopped payment on the check.

Chris on the other hand, told Jack that the proper way to repair a crack that large was to do it from the inside, that was gonna cost quite a bit of money.Way more money that Jack was willing to spend. So, Jack told Chris that he wanted him to do the repair from the outside, because it would save him a bunch of $$$$.Chris repaired it from the outside like Jack requested, and after a couple hours of pounding waves in lake Michigan, the bilge pump was coming on every 3-4 minutes.I happened to be in the harbor that day, and Jack asked me to see if I could find what was leaking water into his engine compartment. After a couple hours of checking all the fittings and hoses, I noticed that the water was coming from under the cockpit. Going into the cabin, I pulled an inspection cover in the floor, and seen a steady stream of water flowing down the center of the hull. Immediatly, we both assumed that the toilet discharge fitting under the toilet which goes through the bottom of the hull, must be leaking.
Jack could'nt get his trailer back from Chris because Jack stopped payment on his check and Chris would'nt release the trailer till the bill was paid up.Now, the boat was sinking in the harbor, the batteries were going dead cause the battery chargers did'nt work, and Jack had no trailer, or truck for that matter to pull the boat out of the water.I seen a trailer in the harbor parking lot that had no lock on the tongue, and I thought that the Cig would fit on it, so I hooked it up to my truck, backed it down the ramp, and we got the Cig onto it so it would'nt sink.Once it was out of the water, there was a steady stream of water pouring out of the bottom of the hull about an inch from the bottom V. After all the water drained out, I got under the boat to find a crack about atleast 7-8 feet long, and that's when Jack told me that Chris was supposed to have fixed it. That was the first I heard about the damage to the bottom.

Well, we did'nt know who's trailer we put the boat on, and now it was getting dark out and we had to get the boat back off the trailer and into the water. So I dried off the bottom as good as I could with towels, and I got a big roll of duct tape, and started laying strips of the duct tape over the crack, down the bottom of the hull, and about a foot up both sides of the bottom V. I was hoping that atleast this would prevent any more water from coming into the boat and sinking it.There were many people around us that day watching what we were doing, and some of them even offered to help us by pointing their headlights of their cars on the bottom of the boat because it was getting near midnight, and it was dark. The boat was put back into the water, and the duct tape held tight, and there were no leaks. This was the talk of the harbor, and the next day, one of the divers that cleaned the bottoms of the boats for us heard of what we did, and he dove under the boat to see for himself. Pictures were taken under water of my patch job, and alot of my friends were razzing me about what I did. I never told anyone about what happened, even when I was asked, but some how Jack assumed that I was the one with the "big mouth" that told the whole harbor, and ever since he's been PO'ed at me. Not that I really care, but all I did was try to keep a friends boat, or at least at the time I THOUGHT that he was my friend, from sinking.Don't really know much of what ever happened to the boat after it was pulled out of the water, other than the shop it was at, the work was stopped on it for lack of payment.

Heard it was repo'd and for sale at some boat yard in northern Ill. Then thought it went into a bankruptcy shortly after. Maybe it did'nt if it was'nt disclosed to the bankruptcy attorneys.I could go on further, but I think I'll let it go for now. It would be a GREAT boat for a guy that knows how to repair a bottom the correct way, or maybe I should say, for a guy that is willing to spend the money to have it properly repaired. Hope I did'nt ruin anyone's "dream" boat, but alot of you guys wanted to know the facts, and these are the facts, like it or not.

Hey Packin, thank you for bringing this to many peoples attention. I'm sure that there are many "new" people here that are looking to purchase a different boat. This 35 Cig that "cashbrain" jack has, is defineatly not one that anyone that I know would want to get stuck with.

The only reason that I disclosed all that information about the boat, was that I was getting tired of hearing that there was nothing wrong with it, and I know 1st hand what is wrong, cause I'm the one that put all the duct tape on it in the harbor that night. Nothing wrong with telling the truth, cause that's usually what people want to hear anyway, so that's what I told.

Frank

PowerstrokeNC 03-31-2008 01:39 PM

I looked really hard at this boat even had a survey done...... I was thinking it could be an inexpensive way to get into an excellent brand/quality boat. It was a waste of my time and money. Thankfully I went into it with my eyes wide open with the help of this forum.