Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Supercharged PWC; Sea-Doo...  Holy Quickness! >

Supercharged PWC; Sea-Doo... Holy Quickness!

Notices

Supercharged PWC; Sea-Doo... Holy Quickness!

Old 10-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Default Supercharged PWC; Sea-Doo... Holy Quickness!

Our group was down at the Lake this weekend, and I was able to ride a Sea-Doo RXP; 215 Supercharged HP; with exhaust, air intake, water intake, and computer upgrades.

HOLY CRAP. When I started it up, it sounded like my old GSXR idling out of the cove to open water. When you hit the throttle, that thing rockets like like a GSXR with a wheelie bar. I could not believe how hard that thing takes off and pulls all the way to 70mph. The speed limiter was still installed on this one; but winter mods included a new impeller and new computer sans speed limiter.

When I rode/raced a 135HP Polaris years ago; I had no idea that these things would evolve to this in relatively stock form. That Sea-Doo RXP was one of the sickest things I have ever been on/in. Clipping along at close to top speed spanning little 6-8" chop, it would literally exponentially leap forward each time hit caught enough water to fill the pump. That thing was just unreal, and I really did not feel a need to go faster than 65/70ish.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't take this personally because it's certainly not meant in that way, but this does not excite me to read this when we are always having to come off the throttles (quickly I might add) because some idiot on a PWC isn't paying attention and if we don't back off when our boat hits them they'll be dead!

Again, nothing personal.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

I wish they would make it legal to throw empty beer bottles (that the passengers emptied of course) at asinine PWC operators.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I wish they would make it legal to throw empty beer bottles (that the passengers emptied of course) at asinine PWC operators.
Sooooo, are you saying it's not legal?
Old 10-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Now you're talking!
Old 10-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by buck183
Sooooo, are you saying it's not legal?
I would advise that you have enough beer bottles to take out any closeby PWC allies he may have, just to make sure no one can identify you. Then, its legal; as there is no one that can testify against you.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Registered

First I'd like to say..........there is just as many "stupid" boat owners out there as it is PWC owners and operators. Its all a matter of what you like, we have two here and boats as well. We can't sit here and call every PWCer an idiot and every boat owner an idiot either, cause they both have an abundance of their own.......but to come right out and hate a PWC or its operator is wrong as hell.

Back to the subject, the RXP is a monster, my son's girlfriend has one and it is real quick. Not all sure what they have done to it, but 71 MPH in light chop is not hard to achieve by any means. The acceleration is unreal, I still like my yamahas though.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rode an RXP this summer after not sitting on a ski for a few years. Holy crap that thing is quick. It rode like crap in LI Sound though. It was about a foot chop and so much water was in my face that I couldn't see.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mercury_Challenger
First I'd like to say..........there is just as many "stupid" boat owners out there as it is PWC owners and operators. Its all a matter of what you like, we have two here and boats as well. We can't sit here and call every PWCer an idiot and every boat owner an idiot either, cause they both have an abundance of their own.......but to come right out and hate a PWC or its operator is wrong as hell.
Don't see where anyone said that. And yes, there are some boaters included as well.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pulled a kid over on 1 last month who claimed it had work done. It smoked our boat with ease. I took it for a blast,the onboard gps said 73................. I backed off

Quick Reply: Supercharged PWC; Sea-Doo... Holy Quickness!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.