Notices

BOB McCOY Passed Away

Old 10-24-2007, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can state with authority that knowing Bob, as a fellow boater and more importantly, a true friend for the last 20 years has made me a better person. A true gentleman and embassador of our chosen sport, Bob was "THE MAN".

I think I ribbed Bob about the "famous" windshields on his boats at least once per season since the day we first met. He always had the same responce every time. "I weight 125 pounds soaking wet. If I didn't have that windshield, I'd get blown out of the boat you silly twit". I'm going to miss that annual verbal abuse.

Here's to the "Fool Injected", the "Real McCoy", the "God Father of Poker Running", a true gentleman and friend. So long Bob, we are all going to miss you.

Our heart felt condolences to Carol, Carl and the rest of Bob's family.

Sean, Daphne and Sarah.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember reading about him in PRA.

RIP
Old 10-24-2007, 09:52 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Thoughts and prayers to the friends and family. Remember reading the article. RIP Bob
Old 10-24-2007, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear the sad news, he sounded like a great guy. Perhaps as a tribute someone could post a link to the article about him.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Registered

Very sorry to hear the news. I did not know him but everyone always spoke highly of him.

God speed.....
Old 10-24-2007, 11:22 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Wow!.......Bobs original home and infamous "Brooklin Concrete" manufacturing plant is about 10 minutes from where Im typing........
my first recolection of an offshore boat was that vee with the tripple or was it quad v8 Evinrudes he had......first time I saw it me and my buddies slammed on the brakes and oogled it through a fence like a bunch of school kids.......thats because we were!.......I couldnt have been any more than 21, Im 45 now
Over the years youd see his various boats being towed here and there around town.......if you saw a BIG vee on a trailer there was never a question of whose it was, you knew it was Bobs......the only question was weather it was a new one or not.
Always gracious......Im in Bobcaygeon about 5 or so yrs ago and I was just checking out his then brand new 39 Sutphen with the 900s and sixes, he had just got it, all white, no windshield or decals yet......It HAD to be his boat.......anyway he comes walking back to his boat, stops and stats talking to me and saying how nice my boat is, how Fountains are great boats etc.......Im saying to myself, yeah maybe I could sell it and buy ONE of the drives on your boat!!

RIP Bob McCoy
Old 10-25-2007, 04:14 AM
cloke

One of my favorite rememberances occured a few years ago at the port of Orillia poker run. Bob finally won Best hand and when he received his winnings he walked over to me and simply asked that I pass it on to Sick Kids Hospital.

Quietly First Class

Rest in Peace Bob

Old 10-25-2007, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Very sad news.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's sad to loose any great person . Sounds to me like Bob "The Real McCoy" knew how to live life . Good for him .
I only wish we can live a life full of Great friends and fast boats like Bob . RIP .
Paul
Old 10-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Registered

Sorry to hear that , my condolences to his family
Christian

Quick Reply: BOB McCOY Passed Away

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.