Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   GT Performance good job (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/172107-gt-performance-good-job.html)

bripar77 10-29-2007 01:01 AM

GT Performance good job

Thanks to Gary and the guys at GT Performance in Upland Calif. for rerigging my new to me 36' Skater in 4 weeks. Including both motors in and out, fill holes and re gelcoat the bilges, complete rework of corroded Gimbles and drives, all new fuel, water, power steering systems and plenty of Powder Coating. It looks very clean

bgchuby01 10-29-2007 08:07 AM

Gary does a great job, Everyone thinks he is related to Bob but Gary is the sleeper of the boating world in the los angeles area. When I have customers that need their boat worked on he is the person that I recommend

bgchuby01 10-29-2007 08:27 AM

so brian is it in the water? Lets take it to the Key West Poker Run

bripar77 10-29-2007 01:51 PM

GT Performance

Hey Jeff. Yea it has been in the water. Lake Mead two weekends ago. Had some teething issues for a day and half. Then Sunday it was 50 MPH winds and 5' stuff. Which was fun into the wind and a challenge with the wind. Ran over 90 in that stuff and easily could have gone faster. We where alone with no other boats so i couldn't go real far or real hard. It wasn't great for testing anything. I got most of the bugs worked out by late Sunday. Was hoping the wind would calm down so I could test some other props. The boat is night and day better than the 32'. this boat is well balanced and doesn't need much trim adjustment while driving (way less than my big V's before). Maybe next year for Key West. Not sure I want to get it all the way there until I have had a chance to run it long and Hard. See you soon. Hey did my Race car guy "Landmark Motorsports" call you about towing a trailer to Laguna Seca? I gace him your name and number last Wednesday.

Dude! Sweet! 10-29-2007 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by bripar77 (Post 2321062)
Hey did my Race car guy "Landmark Motorsports" call you about towing a trailer to Laguna Seca? I gace him your name and number last Wednesday.

Is that Rod up in Stanton? If Jeff can't do it, I have a buddy who might be interested.

bgchuby01 10-29-2007 02:44 PM

I have not heard from him, email me his phone number and I will call him. Best of luck with the boat

bgchuby01 10-29-2007 04:19 PM

Jayboat its just a baylliner oops I mean skater

bripar77 10-30-2007 03:52 PM

GT Performance

Dude/Sweet yes Rod used to be from Stanton now in Lake Elsinore. Jeff he needed this last week so i don't know if his number will help at this point but i will send it to you

Dude! Sweet! 10-30-2007 04:43 PM

Didn't realize he'd moved. He knows one of my buddies who used to work at Gurney's. I met him a couple years ago when I was looking at Chad M's old Swift DB2/5.

bripar77 10-30-2007 10:53 PM

GT Performance

Oh yea Chad and I did some test days together through Rod. Rod crewed and set up two of my Sports 2000's over the years. The DB5 had a Cosworth and we did a few one off ACRL Races as well as several SCCA events at Willow, Las Vegas, Buttonwillow. haven't had a car for at least 6 or 7 years now. Rod actually built a custom Al. Fairing and did some other work to my 382 Formula Fastech. I actually took him along one day to pull my Nephew to Catalina and back practicing for the Catalina Ski race. We finished 6th overall, 5th Men's Open. Rod tempted me last spring with a Test Day in a Formula X (Van Dieman Open Wheel) with a Blackhawk Motorcycle engine. It was fun but I was way off the pace. he is trying to get me to do stuff again.