Say NO to Speed limits/idle speed in Sarasota, FL >

Say NO to Speed limits/idle speed in Sarasota, FL

Notices

Say NO to Speed limits/idle speed in Sarasota, FL

Old 10-30-2007, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Say NO to Speed limits/idle speed in Sarasota, FL

I am posting this for a group of performance boaters that are preparing to challenge the idividuals that want to add more idle speed limit areas/ speed limits on the bay, and strict noise ordinances in Sarasota, FL. Last year it was mutually agreed that the other side would drop the issue. However, this group now has one of the own in The City making the laws. JS fronted a successful campaign complete with lawyers at his own expense last year. This year we need everyones help who enjoys boating in Sarasota and does not want to see these restrictions grow in their area.

We are raising money for the CAMPAIGN TO RE-ELECT VERN BUCHANAN. He is a United States Congressman representing Florida and agrees with our view. Make your personal checks out to his campaign and mail to: JS 1650 Blakemore Lane, Sarasota, FL 34231

Becareful with your post and replies. This forum is monitored by the other party's supporters and they have printed out our comments before. THANK YOU!
Old 10-31-2007, 01:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Lorie,

Thank you for posting this. As an avid offshore boater who enjoys coming to Sarasota a few times each year to enjoy your great waters, I am happy to offer my support. Your group did a great job last year in standing up for the rights of the boating community and deserve our support. I had a lengthy conversation with JS last night and am conviced your group is on the right track to deal with this.

It will take considerable effort and money of coarse, so I am sending in my financial contribution to help with this worthy cause. I believe the entire offshore boating community, including boaters, manufacturers, and poker run organisers should all get involved and show our support. We need to take a stand here, or soon we will find the same problem on our own home waters.

As for the perceived noise problem, the industry / sport has made great strides in the last couple of years in addressing this issue. Many of us including myself have outfitted our boats with mufflers or other sound attenuating devices. Many of the offshore boat manufacturers are now producing a much quieter product. I feel our sport is moving in the right direction a measurable progress is being made.

I wish you every success and hope your group will continue to keep up the good fight.

Bob Barnhart
Old 10-31-2007, 04:29 PM
Registered

Please PM to me the parties involved I would like to work with Law Enforcement and others on the best interests of the Sarasota Community and our waters.

Thanks,

Dan
Old 10-31-2007, 06:22 PM
Charter Member #928
Charter Member

The noise issue is what kills me. Maybe we can get rid of all the race boats and all the Poker Runs which bring in revenue. Motorcycles, planes, what else? Tell the people on the beaches to be quite also. You're NEVER going to satisfy these old farts period. They use the noise issue because it's a way to get sympathy because it's offending these poor people who just want other people to be just as miserable as they are. When people say something is too loud for the short time that they hear it, they want to eliminate performance boats completely. Fighting them is all you can do but usually that's all they have to do in their life. Just my 2 cents anyway.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, this agreement didn't last long. It would appear that those miserable, selfish, petty folks in that homeowners' association never truly intended to make peace, after all.

I was involved with Joe last year putting together presentations and statistics, so let me know what I can do.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:53 AM
Registered

didnt this whole thing get started because one of the county commisioners was having a tea party by the bay the same day a poker run was going on? if this is the case she needs to be shown the dollars and goodwill that the powerboating community sends to sarasota each year,i dont know maybe they have too much money and dont need the added revenue not to mention the people that may relocate here and bring added revenue to the community
Old 11-03-2007, 08:53 AM
Registered

Angry Say no

I guess we really do not have enough support from the performance boaters. 5 people? They have over 800 in just one week! It seems drinking and nonsense threads are more important! Well, when you come down here and there are no Poker Runs at the Hyatt or you are forced to go so everywhere, its our own fault!

Remember, this can extend into your boating ares as well.

WAKE UP PEOPLE AND LETS SAVE BOATING AS WE KNOW IT!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:09 PM
Registered

Default back to the top

This needs immediate attention. you can count on us for support. lets get together people and show support of what we live for.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Registered

You have our support & check.

I will contact OPBA, St. Petersburg Club.
We go to Sarasota several times a year.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:06 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

...a mass e-mail has gone out to OPBA members.

Quick Reply: Say NO to Speed limits/idle speed in Sarasota, FL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.