Like Tree0Likes

Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO

Reply
Old 11-02-2007, 04:39 AM
  #71
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member
 
Griff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Omaha
My Boats: .......32............. ...............Active Thunder....
Posts: 15,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR TIME View Post
what happen to shooters why is it closing?? slow, or old,

Both.

The biggest problem at the Lake is that you have to make a years worth of money in 4 months. In Shooters case, you have about 14 Saturdays. Its impossible for them to find enough people to work just on sat nights. So service sucked and they can't sell booze fast enough because they don't have enough employees. Kind of a revolving circle.

IMO, most of the businesses on the water are less crowded on weekend nights then they were 5 years ago. I really just think more people are partying at houses and condos instead of going out.
Griff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:12 AM
  #72
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Omaha, NE, LOTO
My Boats: 05' Sunsation Dominator
Posts: 159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Both.

The biggest problem at the Lake is that you have to make a years worth of money in 4 months. In Shooters case, you have about 14 Saturdays. Its impossible for them to find enough people to work just on sat nights. So service sucked and they can't sell booze fast enough because they don't have enough employees. Kind of a revolving circle.

IMO, most of the businesses on the water are less crowded on weekend nights then they were 5 years ago. I really just think more people are partying at houses and condos instead of going out.
Griff, I completely agree with you. I know for myself and many others I know, going out at night is great, but I find hanging around the condo/docks at night is way more relaxing. Most of the establishments at the lake I visit are during the day for lunch, or to get off the water for a few hours, etc. Lets face it there's much better places to go eat on the lake than Shooter's.

6-7 years ago Shooter's was by far the biggest hot spot on the lake, but things are changing in the market and fast. Even Nico in Omaha isn't as busy as it once was.
chevyzq8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:26 AM
  #73
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Knot 4 Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central IL
My Boats: Old/Heavy/Slow
Posts: 6,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyzq8 View Post
Griff, I completely agree with you. I know for myself and many others I know, going out at night is great, but I find hanging around the condo/docks at night is way more relaxing. Most of the establishments at the lake I visit are during the day for lunch, or to get off the water for a few hours, etc. Lets face it there's much better places to go eat on the lake than Shooter's.

6-7 years ago Shooter's was by far the biggest hot spot on the lake, but things are changing in the market and fast. Even Nico in Omaha isn't as busy as it once was.
A big part of the problem with Shooter's was the management. The last few years the place was always filthy and smelled like vomit all the time. I used to take my son there to play in the pool and the wife and I would enjoy some libations on the deck but it got to the point where it was just too nasty so we stopped going there.
Knot 4 Me is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:23 PM
  #74
Registered
 
tlark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lee'sSummit/6mmLOTO
My Boats: Formula 330SS
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Bongo View Post
I think he may actually be referring to the old Walmart, where Hardy's is on 54 which is in fact vacant most of the time.
Thats the spot.

If there is aequate signage at these lots and proper placement of law enforcement to allow access to D-Day shuttle runs could be expediant. Donation bucket inside a shuttle bus to offset the costs and/or proceeds to Lake Rescue.

Also allow some advertising banners to hang over the community bridge and glaize bridge for just this one weekend. Sell the spots and all $ goes to Lake Rescue, of course water patrol would have to approve but I would bet the local businesses would buy into that no prob.
tlark is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:49 PM
  #75
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member
 
Outlawcowgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka, KS
My Boats: 1993 24 ft Baja Outlaw that is too loud for the State of Kansas
Posts: 1,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR TIME View Post
and I wanted to run you next yr if my body is fixed and boat put back together. ps get a 2''shortie if you can ,artimus
I got a line on one already!
Outlawcowgirl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 03:42 PM
  #76
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member
 
Griff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Omaha
My Boats: .......32............. ...............Active Thunder....
Posts: 15,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawcowgirl View Post
I got a line on one already!
MORE BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine ran with 7.5 lbs for 400hrs and its still going.
Griff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 04:31 PM
  #77
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Omaha, NE, LOTO
My Boats: 05' Sunsation Dominator
Posts: 159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
A big part of the problem with Shooter's was the management. The last few years the place was always filthy and smelled like vomit all the time. I used to take my son there to play in the pool and the wife and I would enjoy some libations on the deck but it got to the point where it was just too nasty so we stopped going there.
Got that right, the place did smell like vomit! I've been in better smealing outhouses.
chevyzq8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:52 PM
  #78
Registered
 
tlark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lee'sSummit/6mmLOTO
My Boats: Formula 330SS
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyzq8 View Post
I've been in better smealing outhouses.

yes it was a terrible smeal

Looking at the map, I actually think this is a better location with respect to the water. Wider is better with respect to smooth water is it not ??
tlark is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:16 PM
  #79
Registered
 
AIR TIME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: EASTON MA.
My Boats: BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace
Posts: 6,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawcowgirl View Post
I got a line on one already!
coolI just got a new one to replace the stolen one so I went polished this time to make me feel better but I heard the non polished was faster. I am thinking about a ex box with the 3'' height built in that would but the drive 2'' under the keel and 12'' back otherwise with a standard unit it will be 12'' back and 5'' under the keel which I think would be to deep.
AIR TIME is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:21 PM
  #80
Registered
 
AIR TIME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: EASTON MA.
My Boats: BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace
Posts: 6,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawcowgirl View Post
I got a line on one already!
coolI just got a new one to replace the stolen one so I went polished this time to make me feel better but I heard the non polished was faster. I am think about a ex box with the 3'' height built in that would but the drive 2'' under the keel and 12'' back otherwise with a standard unit it will be 12'' back and 5'' under the keel which I think would be to deep. with a 26b1 I was at 6000rpm at 83.2 gps so need a lab 30 to stay at 5400 to 5600. which should put me at 85 to 87. art
AIR TIME is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
jayhawk261
General Boating Discussion
8
07-29-2005 10:04 AM
Buddy OO
General Boating Discussion
13
03-06-2005 10:19 PM
buck183
General Boating Discussion
20
08-07-2003 10:58 PM
packinair
General Boating Discussion
3
08-21-2002 10:50 PM
MnFastBoat
General Boating Discussion
15
01-12-2002 12:41 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.