Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO >

Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO

Notices

Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO

Old 11-01-2007, 11:33 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

The big dogs and race teams would probbly pay a higher entry fee, but I think a lot of the smaller local guys would not run. A staggered entry fee based on your class would probably work and generate more $$.

What the Shootout needs is huge sponsor like Bud, Capt Morgan, Bacardi, or Red Bull. All are already promoting at LOTO.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:51 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

I'd venture to say most of the
revenue was made from the ad sales in
the program, and the clothing sales.

The entry fee's are probably just a fraction
of the total revenue.

I know I spent $ 125, this year....the wife
spent more than that on the various clothes
she buys each year.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But, but, nooooooooooooooo!
I have to go back next year to defend my title and I am getting the prop labbed because I want to go 80 next year. This cannot be happening.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Banned

Here is the latest--- Locations are between Dog Days and Captain rons, Dog Days has been a tradition at the lake for ever and is in the heart of Osage Beach---- The biggest thing that Rons does not have charter cable and it will not be able to be televised locally, confirmed by charter today, I spoke with Mark , owner of Dog Days last night and he is determined to do whatever he can to keep the shootout at home in Osage Beach, Mark is partnering up with the Top sider complex as well to add facilities for spectators, parking, etc. Captain Rons is a new bar not in Osage beach that is very small, has no boardwalk area for the vendors, older docks not over 30', no place to crane in boats and is 35-45 minutes on the other side of the lake and off a rock road, most of the people I've talked to say they would not even go to the event because it is to far away at the 34 mile mark. Dog days just put in new large docks and a huge boardwalk for spectators and vendors, also Mark has three bar restaurant areas including his new over the water dog Pound tikki bar. I know the fire district wants to keep it in Osage Beach. I've completed a map of the entire shootout area that will be presented to Mark, The fire district and water Patrol today. The OSO party last year at dog days went extremely smooth and was a big success proving Mark is committed to putting on a class act.please review the map and give any ideas suggestions, It also is clear that Steve of OSO and Jeff of Midwest boat party want the shootout to continue and have expressed that they will help in anyway. There is a huge website membership between the two that are committed to volunteering to make this happen, anybody with any clout with the Fire Department and especially water patrol please put in a good word so we can get started on putting this event together, thanks for everyones help, Jim Darr
Attached Thumbnails Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO-2008-shootout.jpg  

Last edited by Buddy OO; 11-01-2007 at 01:40 PM. Reason: map added
Old 11-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Registered

Glad to hear talks are continuing, and it sounds like progress is being made. Your biggest hurdle will be the permit I would think... Your right, between the sites there's a big enough following that volunteers should be in abundance.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:22 PM
VIP Member

Great job Jim !!! Thanks for your efforts and I know you will get this done. We are all supporting your work. If you need something, just ask your OSO family and we will be there !!

Smitty
Old 11-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Griff
What the Shootout needs is huge sponsor like Bud, Capt Morgan, Bacardi, or Red Bull. All are already promoting at LOTO.
Bud was the title sponsor the last couple years. Have no idea what they paid for it.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Registered

I am in favor of the Days location. The 34MM is way to far up the lake for an event like this. Dog Days is easy to get to by water and land. This is a great event that needs to continue. Hope everything works out.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Buddy OO
the map and give any ideas suggestions,
Jim the no wake on the west has to be pushed back. You need at least 1 mile and probably more now for bud and callen to get whoad up.

Also you need to think hard on parking, both by boat and water. Not near enough slips at shooters this year and the parking ban had a big effect on the numbers of people at shooters. Crowd was a lot smaller than the prior year.

Also no light on 54 for traffic control in and out. This will be more of an issue than at Shooters because fo Dog Days central location and no way without a light to go left there.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Von Bongo

Also no light on 54 for traffic control in and out. This will be more of an issue than at Shooters because fo Dog Days central location and no way without a light to go left there.
If memory serves, there is a shopping center thats nearly vacant with a lot of parking to the east of the bridge on 54. Shuttle service from this area and/or the Lake Regional Hospital perhaps.

I'm dreaming here, but would'nt it be neat to be able to use the north side of the two lanes on the Glaize Bridge for spectators. Too much traffic I know but what a view that would be.

Quick Reply: Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.