Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO >

Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO

Notices

Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO

Old 12-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fountain4play

It's not Porto Chima with a golf course and marina or anything close, they'll be lucky to get $175K for them IMHO....
They'd sell in less than a day at $175K.

Yes it's rough water but location location location.

I don't think they'll get $800K (might be wrong) out of them but based on the topography, the location both by land and water, probably city services they are more desirable than Porta Cima. Just look at the other house that have gone up along the 15-30 MM.

Heck what are the 4 Seasons lots selling for on the other side of the channel? and there are no services on that side of the lake at all.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
They'd sell in less than a day at $175K.

Yes it's rough water but location location location.

I don't think they'll get $800K (might be wrong) out of them but based on the topography, the location both by land and water, probably city services they are more desirable than Porta Cima. Just look at the other house that have gone up along the 15-30 MM.

Heck what are the 4 Seasons lots selling for on the other side of the channel? and there are no services on that side of the lake at all.
It's my personal opinion they won't get anywhere close to 800K for those lots, but then again as the saying goes "a fool and his money are soon parted".

Another thing is in todays market they will have to come down to what point it's anyones guess. I know the lake thinks that the recent housing slump and prices dropping like rocks won't affect them here but I believe it will just the same...

It might take longer for some of the effects to reach middle America and the Lake Area but you have to look at where the money was coming from, it's from the big cities and with the tightening of the financing it will change things.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:41 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

i wouldnt be surprised if the bigger lots get 4 or 5k a water foot.... that would put the 140' lot at 600k/... not too far off, and add on top of that fact that some people want to live on that side and not villages/porta cima... ya never know.

that one lot is .66 of an acre... i bet somebody will step up and pick the good ones out.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Registered

I don't disagree, I don't see $800 either, just like I don't see 20% appreciation each year like in the past but I'd bet they'd sell em pretty fast in the $3000-$3500 a foot range without much trouble with the buildings gone even in todays market.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Can only help the value of my Condos next door. LOL
Old 12-21-2007, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Give them a chance to see what they can do. Shooter's was nothing to write home about.
Make everyone mad that tries to set down and get some food in open and what looks like available tables. I'll never go in that place again the owner doesn't know how to treat people.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by terry summers
The land at Shooters actually just came on the market today--there are 12 lakefront lots averaging about $800,000.00 each and 12 second tier lots averaging about $400,000.00 each--Planning and Zoning shot the condo's down numerous times:

http://lakeozarksmls.com/loo/maildoc/a005ho3945.html
Crazy.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain4play
I couldn't agree more, it's a nice area with easy access but $800K, who are they kidding unless they come with 200' of lake front which it looks like the big dog is only for 110'.

It's not Porto Chima with a golf course and marina or anything close, they'll be lucky to get $175K for them IMHO....
I agree with you.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sean H
i wouldnt be surprised if the bigger lots get 4 or 5k a water foot.... that would put the 140' lot at 600k/... not too far off, and add on top of that fact that some people want to live on that side and not villages/porta cima... ya never know.

that one lot is .66 of an acre... i bet somebody will step up and pick the good ones out.
Big step on that side.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WeaponX
Big step on that side.
It is a gated community and at least offers some restrictions on what can be built to protect your investment (home)--there is a little shack being built 2 doors down from me and I am not sure what effect this will have on my home value.

Quick Reply: Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.