Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO >

Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO

Notices

Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO

Old 12-21-2007, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain4play
It's my personal opinion they won't get anywhere close to 800K for those lots, but then again as the saying goes "a fool and his money are soon parted".

Another thing is in todays market they will have to come down to what point it's anyones guess. I know the lake thinks that the recent housing slump and prices dropping like rocks won't affect them here but I believe it will just the same...

It might take longer for some of the effects to reach middle America and the Lake Area but you have to look at where the money was coming from, it's from the big cities and with the tightening of the financing it will change things.
I love the Shoot Out it's one of the best weekends of the year for me, and I can't wait to see how this new venue works out, I'll be there running again.
If you think the LOTO is middle America, I think you're off a bit. I'll bet 90 % of the people down there that own homes condos etc... don't feel a thing.
One of the best things about LOTO, is all of the U.S. comes to it. It's one of the best places on earth, great people, great restaurants, great golf courses, and of course great boating.
It may slow a little bit, but they only have so many lake front lots, I say get 'em while you can, it is a great investment. We always consider it a savings account you can use, we've made a lot of money buying and trading condo's and houses down there, and it doesn't scare me one bit.
But remember location, location, location.....
Just my two cent worth.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Reggie
I love the Shoot Out it's one of the best weekends of the year for me, and I can't wait to see how this new venue works out, I'll be there running again.
If you think the LOTO is middle America, I think you're off a bit. I'll bet 90 % of the people down there that own homes condos etc... don't feel a thing.
One of the best things about LOTO, is all of the U.S. comes to it. It's one of the best places on earth, great people, great restaurants, great golf courses, and of course great boating.
It may slow a little bit, but they only have so many lake front lots, I say get 'em while you can, it is a great investment. We always consider it a savings account you can use, we've made a lot of money buying and trading condo's and houses down there, and it doesn't scare me one bit.
But remember location, location, location.....
Just my two cent worth.
I don't disagree at all that it's a great investment having a place at the lake and the best place around to meet people and have fun boating.

But if just 2-3% of the people down there are in distress it will have a ripple effect on the whole area and the housing market in general.

It's no different than any other place un the US, right now it's a buyer's market and it doesn't look like in the near future that will change until the excess of houses for sale are sold and the demand is greater than the supply...

Let's just wait and see what the winter shakes out, I'm a glass 1/2 full kind of person but if anything our CPA keeps telling us, depending on what someone's personal finances are there will be a fair amount of places that will be available at lower prices than we've seen in a few years...

I'm not someone who knows a whole lot about the Stock Market, but from everything I've seen the most money is made when it's down if you can afford it...
Old 12-22-2007, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by terry summers
It is a gated community and at least offers some restrictions on what can be built to protect your investment (home)--there is a little shack being built 2 doors down from me and I am not sure what effect this will have on my home value.
Don't ya hate when that happens.
Attached Thumbnails Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO-489503391_66f339a646_b.jpg  

Last edited by WeaponX; 12-22-2007 at 05:02 PM.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by WeaponX
Don't ya hate when that happens.
Is that the new Porta Cima house you keep telling me to come look at?
Old 12-23-2007, 11:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sean H
i think the drive up attendance will be down though... that is a much further and out of the way place to drive to for most of the lake.... and i think some boats wont go down the extra 12 miles.... not the hardcore guys on here, but the curious ones who stopped in on their way to PC...

the only thing guaranteed will be the 13 mile washing machine ride back afterwards....
IMO keep just the curios people out of it. They were the ones who would not slow down enough to keep the water calm. This actually will open up the shootout to the upper end of the lake which is now growing faster than any other end. The concentration of bars in this direct area are outstanding. In a 2 mile radius there are no fewer than 8 bars and restauraunts.

I will say my favorite place was in front of Tan-Tar-a but the did not want the headache.

So now that it is decided lets keep it going. If you did not read above it looked like the desert storm folks were going to try and make a play for it. Now we need to keep it at LOTO.
Old 12-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Wow! Wonder how much lake frontage each of the 12 lots has? That is getting mighty steep...
I think I will stay where I am at. I got a bargain from Four Seasons at these prices.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I saw a Porta Cima home on Craigs List the other day for $450k. Looked like the builder ran out of money and the bank was looking to deal.

I have actually been shopping for a new home in the St. Louis area because it is such a great time to buy. Most of the properties I have been looking at haven't had any other realtors on the sign in sheet since early November. There aren't many buyers and there really aren't many buyers that don't need to sell a property before they can buy.

It will be interesting to see how slowly the shooters lots move!!
Old 12-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blow-N-Thunder
Is that the new Porta Cima house you keep telling me to come look at?
That's it!!
Come on over it's got a big garage.......under the whole house.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by WeaponX
Make everyone mad that tries to set down and get some food in open and what looks like available tables. I'll never go in that place again the owner doesn't know how to treat people.
I've never eaten there yet so I do not know how their service is. We tried to stop there the Friday of the Shootout on the Dick's run but the rain chased us back to the 4MM. Sorry to hear you got crappy service. My comment was give the event a chance at the new location from both a land and water standpoint. If Ron's ends up pi$$ing people off, they will get flamed on here. I think they are open year-round. I will stop in there next time I'm down there (most likely Feb) and see how they do (realizing it is different in the off months).
Old 12-24-2007, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by db71
Yup thats it. It needs a dock. When I was in it in april that house was awesome.
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/rfs/490095660.html
http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/rfs/512309739.html

This is the property. However, I know I saw it listed for less than $659k at one point in the last week (could have been different site than craigs list though). They may have put up a lower price to unload it and take their loss this year and since they didn't get any bites that could close by the 12/31 they raised it again.

Last edited by baywatch; 12-24-2007 at 08:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.