TUFF 28 goes 95mph with 525efi >

TUFF 28 goes 95mph with 525efi

Notices

TUFF 28 goes 95mph with 525efi

Old 11-08-2007, 11:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by freshwaterfiend
Settle this like men. A shootout on Georgian Bay - no matter what the weather - Summer 2008.

Georgian Bay can get downright nasty. Ocean has nothing on it - nothing.
Amen!
Old 11-08-2007, 11:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ON THE CHIP RACING
I think all of you are crazy,a 27 activator with 525efi runs in the low 90s and can race OFFSHORE.The activator is a proven winner.this huff thing is a streched 21 superboat,lightweight no freeboard.take that out in 4 footers at 90 and you wont be coming home with much left.The joker guy is right on the mark.THE HUFF BOAT IS NICE FOR A LAKE BOAT.For the money I would like to be able to thrash it offshore as well as take the family out.If you want I will test it for you
Have you even seen the Tuff 28 in person?

Didn't think so
Old 11-09-2007, 09:38 AM
Registered

Things sure have changed over the years. It wasn't long ago Mercury was bragging about a 30 Elim. cat going 100 mph with twin 496's. Good luck with the boat!
Old 11-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Thought I'd post this:

Boat with pad bottom hull Document Type and Number:United States Patent 5390624 Link to this page:http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5390624.html Abstract:A planing boat having a stern and a bow includes a hull having a generally flat central bottom surface forming a portion of a pad with the surface tapering from a specified width at the stern towards the bow. Reverse wedge surfaces blended with the central bottom surface at the stern and deadrise surfaces blended with the central bottom surface and intersecting with the reverse wedge surfaces continue forward towards the bow. The rear portion of the flat bottom surface is tipped upwardly towards the stern.
I thought Velocity invented the pad bottom. I didn't realize the pad bottom was patented. What does a 28 Velocity run in flat water w/ a 525 Merc?
Old 11-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PT-109
Tuff boat very nice so are Activator Superboat etc etc!The type of hull is pretty much a copy of a documented boat of pastRegarding the 95 mph or the Activator low 90's with a 525 single screw seeing is believing
A 30 Activator runs 85 with a 525 and it is much larger and heavier than a 27. Curty used to race a 27 and drove it like a retard... he should know.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

I am very impressed with the design and the overall look of the boat. Hopefully I will see one in person soon. I used to own an Allison with a 2.5 Merc. My first thought when I saw the first post was it was a big Allison with a 525EFI. I love it! Ignore the ocean folks saying it will not run fast in the big water. It is a very fast lake boat and I am sure you did not have offshore racing on your mind when you designed it. Same can be said about a lot of cats in the 28' size. Any boat that runs 95 on one 525 engine and look as hot as yours will sell. I would contact the boat magazines for some exposure.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It bothers me that everytime TUFF boat and RBT come on a forum and talk about these boats it is followed by pages of criticism and skeptics. Personally I love hearing what they have to say and respect there knowledge. But because of the bull#$% that they seem to take about these boats it seems that they stop posting and I and others don't get to hear about the progression of the products.... All you have to do is see one of these boats in person and you will realize the quality is second to none.
P.S. Congratulations ... That is amazing speed and I can't wait to see one in the water.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mitchie
It bothers me that everytime TUFF boat and RBT come on a forum and talk about these boats it is followed by pages of criticism and skeptics. .
same old same old here on OSO unfourtunatly....... but you KNOW its going to happen.......has for years......bit of a thick skin never hurt anyone around here........you should try owning a Fountain!!
Old 11-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by bluellama
That's a great response.......

When you have no facts to back up your argument, call the other boat a "funny" name.....

You must rule the 4th grade playground.
thats funny BTW!!
Old 11-09-2007, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by mitchie
It bothers me that everytime TUFF boat and RBT come on a forum and talk about these boats it is followed by pages of criticism and skeptics. Personally I love hearing what they have to say and respect there knowledge. But because of the bull#$% that they seem to take about these boats it seems that they stop posting and I and others don't get to hear about the progression of the products.... All you have to do is see one of these boats in person and you will realize the quality is second to none.
P.S. Congratulations ... That is amazing speed and I can't wait to see one in the water.
I thnk most of the people here love hearing about these boats, and you will always get a few who make it known that the age old compromise between top speed and rough water handling was not in their desired direction. 95 mph is darn fast for a 525 in ANY 28 foot boat, and the builder is to be congratulated for that.

Michael

Quick Reply: TUFF 28 goes 95mph with 525efi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.