Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
TUFF 28 goes 95mph with 525efi >

TUFF 28 goes 95mph with 525efi

Notices

TUFF 28 goes 95mph with 525efi

Old 11-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Guys, Rotorhead spends his days flyin corporate whirlybirds to oil rigs. He has to be dead steady or people can get dead and all. Do you really blame him for going a little cowboy when he gets the chance to play with his boat?
Old 11-14-2007, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I got it to finally load. The Tuff boat does not look like it it good in the rough. Maybe it is not marketed that way and it would really shine on inland lakes and a nice day in the bay.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Canada Jeff
You'll grow out of it...LOL.... this from me who is turning 33 tomorrow... :-) .

I hope not!!! ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY! and I was not trying to 'impress', I thought some might enjoy the video.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rotorhead
I hope not!!! ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY! and I was not trying to 'impress', I thought some might enjoy the video.

Oh don't get me worng, I did enjoy it. I just wondered if you are promoting the boat with bunny hops ? I have never seen a promotional video for a boat with the driver doing that. Seems funny thats all.

Will you be at the Toronto Boat show this year? I want to look this boat over more.

Also, will the 525 model be at the show??
Old 11-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Rotorhead
OK sorry, here is the Full version of the Tuff06 vid. The sequence I’m referring to above, is the last few seconds.

Click here to watch fullTuffVid06
That boat looks like it has some porpoising problems! May I suggest some 380 K-planes.

Michael
Old 11-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

That boat looks like it has some porpoising problems! May I suggest some 380 K-planes.
Yes, kidding aside, when we showed that footage at the boat show, we had alot of exactly that comment. But they were serious. We just figured that anyone that can't tell that we're just doing wheelies is not going to be a potential customer anyway. Still people from performance backgrounds as above and my wife keep saying 'you can't show stuff like that'.
What am I missing... does a nice safe shot of the boat passing by work better that wheelies and roost? Does it have to be simple for everyone, non offensive? I guess I have no marketing skills at all.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Registered

I agree with your wife: video is a great way to show the boat.

I love the latest edit to the video, it ROCKS!

http://media.putfile.com/TuffVid08

Last edited by carcrash; 11-25-2007 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Update to reflect way better video
Old 11-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Registered

WOW!!! I’m baffled as well! Seriously, people can’t tell that we are pumping the gas, being ‘silly kid’s’, enjoying the power and easy to control nature of the boat...? Surely not! In this performance crowd, you actually think the boat is out of control?

I can sort of understand the group that think we’re showing recklessness... OK. Perhaps you are right. Point taken. But is there no one out there that can enjoy that video in the spirit it was intended...?

I’m truly very surprised at the reactions...! Oh well, live and learn. - I guess we don’t play that video at the boat show this year.

Last edited by Rotorhead; 11-17-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Guys, its kind of like watching a chevy commercial where they take a brand new fifty thousand dollar truck and smash the crap out of it thru a muddy construction site with a load of crap in the back and the truck bounces all over the place. First thought is the truck rides like crap. Second thought is what a stupid commercial.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Registered

BINGO! More thought should be put in to the marketing materials you guys use to showcase your boat & it's potential. OK, you have fun doing 'wheelies' but does that video make a typical high performance boater want to find out more about TUFF boat? Probably not.

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Guys, its kind of like watching a chevy commercial where they take a brand new fifty thousand dollar truck and smash the crap out of it thru a muddy construction site with a load of crap in the back and the truck bounces all over the place. First thought is the truck rides like crap. Second thought is what a stupid commercial.

Quick Reply: TUFF 28 goes 95mph with 525efi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.