Aluminum Offshore Boats - Research >

Aluminum Offshore Boats - Research

Notices

Aluminum Offshore Boats - Research

Old 12-11-2007, 04:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1CE - Could you modify and existing aluminum cat ? Save a bunch of money just in raw manterials ? Look in the Western Canada Vancouver/Victoria / Alaska and Seattle area - those guys are big on aluminum boats - Check in with Brownie - he has connections from the "old days" he was probably even around when a guy named Noah was building a boat.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe that the old Bandit CUV 41 v hull is in the Vancouver area. Last I heard, she was going to be turned into an OB fishing rig... Man, I haven't talked to that guy in forever either!
Old 12-12-2007, 08:55 PM
SUPER-LITE
Platinum Member

Default Aluminum boats

Been out of town and just saw this thread. We are the manufacture of the Liquid Technologies aluminum performance boats. The correct website to the boats is
( www.liquidtechnologiesllc.com) and our sister site is
( www.riverwildboats.com) . To bring you all up to speed the first prototype did have some handling issues over 100 mph but with the help of Tres Martin we resolved all the issues and made the corrections in the new boat we have now. The prototype hull is in the yard and will sell to someone that wants a great project as we used all the parts out of it for the boat we are running now. We do not have a firm sale on a boat yet seems everyone that wants one has to sell there boat first which is the way the market is right now and I am aware that the used market is very slow . This boat was at LOTTO and we did loose a motor there (Head Gasket New Motor ) . The boat would run 100 + mph with 750 hp. WE redeamed ourselfs at SCOPE though. This boat was built for the rough water and up till SCOPE we did not know what it would do in the big blue . I was amazed at how it handled out there ,I was not driving but had a professional driving it and it impressed everone. While it was not built for top speed in the lake it ran 85-95 mph in a very rough sea with 200 gals fuel and five adults onboard with a very smooth ride . We have been building Aluminum baots since 1999 and builf 25-30 boats each year our mainstay has been the Riverwild boats which have dominated the WhiteWater race circuit since 1999 along with our hardtop boats,riverboats ,ski boats,driftboats. THis boat is much quiter running than a glass boat everyone that rides in it is amazed .
etc which you can see at our riverwild website. We will be at pokerruns across the country in 2008 with the new SL44. Am still working on a 30 ft twin /sgl and a 35 ft version.We are a small custom manufacture and will be producing the large offshore boats as we have time and the the market allows us.
Hope this helps.

Thanks Wayne
Liquid Technologies,llc
541-660-1443

Last edited by rockit man; 12-12-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:45 PM
1CE
Registered

Default noah weather radio

Originally Posted by James
1CE - Could you modify and existing aluminum cat ? Save a bunch of money just in raw manterials ? Look in the Western Canada Vancouver/Victoria / Alaska and Seattle area - those guys are big on aluminum boats - Check in with Brownie - he has connections from the "old days" he was probably even around when a guy named Noah was building a boat.
James, thank u, I luv all of your efforts and those of all the other old school guys that post here on OSO. Yes would luv to get into an aluminum Cat like the 1-that was on e-bay. The 42' CUV as I said before I think it went for 156k ready to go/engines tilt trl. drives etc. not really looking for a big project. I would also have to either trade or sell my current toy 1st. When u-ask modify what do u-have in mind, anything particular ? I will watch & ck.n.of the border as u-suggest. U where a big racer @ one time, your last name is James ? yes/no ? Brownie, ya that's a good idea too. But remember a nice 40/46 Skater is not out of the ? I just find the Cougar/cuv's real neat. Best of luck- 2-U Regards, jay ps are you talking race to pleasure cockpit conversion ? Oh ya only female animals allowed on this rig. LOL

Last edited by 1CE; 12-12-2007 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:10 PM
1CE
Registered

Default S.g.

Originally Posted by Papache
I have been using it. The boat is mint .looks like a new one. new motors everything new fresh drives new trailer.I couldnot find one like it agan. I would need to get $275,000 for it.
Sacred Ground on OSO class.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:12 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

1CE
I raced S class back in the US Offshore days, M class, Open class and Super Boat - including 2 national championships, most recently race Cat Lite in Showtime 36 Skater - If you are looking for a tin boat - the last time I saw the Riveted Boat August 2001 ( 42' CUV) it was in excellent shape and fresh fuel cells, no corrosion, good paint - good canopy, ) hr KE 1100's ASD 8 drives on a very good trailer - The purchaser was Bob Prince, lives south of Baltimore MD, area is called Riviera Beach , last known phone 410-439-1157 - If you are interested, and you can reach Bob - I would be happy to go have a look at the boat for you and tell you what condition it is in - my guess if he has not run the boat the price would be less than 100K

James
Old 12-13-2007, 10:34 PM
1CE
Registered

Oh, I see your keeping track of 1-of your ol'rides, cool. Any old or newer photos of her from the close past ? Why don't they seem to get listed on OSO ? Jay--again thanks for your insight !

Last edited by 1CE; 12-13-2007 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:02 PM
1CE
Registered

JAMES, _____ IS THE 42 currently in race or poker run/pleasure set up ? thanks J
Old 12-18-2007, 07:13 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

1CE
Last time I saw the boat ( 2001) it was race ready - KE engines were pumped for 1200 Hp - Keith Eickert can take the motors down to 800/900 with no problem and you should be able to run regular 92 octane a the lower Hp levels. Engines are EFI with twin whipple set up using the Autorotor brand supercharger. Boat had new fuel cell foam so not much needs to be done to make this a poker run boat - Trailer is a nice 8 wheel Myco, with oil bearings - We switched from SS headers that cracked and leaked to an old big bore Lighning style cast aluminum maifold so we did not have header leaking issues - Drive ratio is 1.5, arneson on one side "Bonner" on the other side ( gears rather than a chain drive) this allowed for two std rotation engines - Boat has two rudders and drives very well. Engines were set up for about 7,200-7,500 rpm, with Big Cheif heads - A little less rpm will go a long ways to reduce maintenance cost - If the owner has not done anything with the boat since 2001 I would think you can get this for a VERY good price -
Old 12-18-2007, 10:38 AM
Registered

You've seen this too, I assume.

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/4/7/90852747.htm

Quick Reply: Aluminum Offshore Boats - Research

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.