Need Volunteers and Sponsors- LOTO SHOOTOUT >

Need Volunteers and Sponsors- LOTO SHOOTOUT

Notices

Need Volunteers and Sponsors- LOTO SHOOTOUT

Old 11-17-2007, 09:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

I've been following this on here and MWBP and from what I've seen and read in the WP's own press release mentioned that they haven't made any decisions on who's proposal that they were going to accept and probably wouldn't until December.

I guess my question is how can any group get sponsors or volunteers lined up before it's known who is the group that will be attempting to put this on? And being realistic how would you even evaluate proposals based on volunteer or potential sponsor support? This decision should be made on the viability of the actual site and logistics of having the event at one place or another.

I don't think it's from lack of interest, financial support or willingness to volunteer it just seems like people are waiting to see who they will need to help out, it's not a political race where you put all your eggs in one basket hoping to secure a win.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As I told buddy in a PM, I'm willing to be a smaller sponsor, but I'm working on a few other locals in my area to also sponsor the Shootout.

I also have a 6-10 friends ready to hook my boat to my truck and head out to LOTO......I'm 200% in....North Alabama isnt too far from LOTO....

Any thoughts from LOTO locals on where we should look for accomidations?....
Old 11-18-2007, 12:53 AM
Banned

long duck, I appreciate your efforts, but a site will not be selected period unless a full comprehensive, safe, and pre planned fully staffed proposal is on water patrol's desk's. They don't have to issue a Ragatta permit at all. I've spoke direct to 2 of the decision makers and know exactly what they want to see, so unless there is overwelming proof of support, not just talk it won't happen, thats why the decision has been delayed to date no one has convinced them it will work. Political ,, Absolutely is.

Last edited by Buddy OO; 11-18-2007 at 12:55 AM.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:11 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

Originally Posted by long duck dong
As I told buddy in a PM, I'm willing to be a smaller sponsor, but I'm working on a few other locals in my area to also sponsor the Shootout.

I also have a 6-10 friends ready to hook my boat to my truck and head out to LOTO......I'm 200% in....North Alabama isnt too far from LOTO....

Any thoughts from LOTO locals on where we should look for accomidations?....

A very good place to stay that is very close is The Ledges. Right next to Shooters21 where the Shootout has always been run and right around the corner from Dog Days. Lots of rentals on www.vrbo.com in 2-3brs plus some with lofts. most condo's also have at least one boat slip.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Buddy OO
WE'VE GOTTEN very few names for volunteers and only a handful of Sponsors, Ask for support from OSO, and not even a support thread, I appreciate the support for those who offered their time and $. We would need a ton more volunteers and Sponsors to pull off a successful shootout, thought there would be alot more support here but not much interest, it's too bad we were unable to get the support to prove to Water Patrol we had plenty off volunteers and financial contributions from Sponsors. Does'nt look very promising for 2008, maybe next year.
I think in order for sponsors to come on board they are going to need to know what kind of $$ is expected for each level of sponsorship. Is it $1000 or $10,000?? Get the idea?

On the volunteer side of things it's a similiar situation, I haven't seen any list of what's needed from individuals like ther was for the OSS races.

1. individuals to run sign up booth?
2. Boats to control traffic?
3. Radar trap?
4. etc........

I think once people know what's expected from there they will be much more willing to volunteer there time & money.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to sound offensive, I just haven't seen any of these items posted somewhere and I apologize if I've missed them somewhere.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:43 AM
Registered

I'm simply informing the members here of important facts of relevance that have been relayed to me thru my week of research for the best overall shootout experience and success. I believe not being able to televise the event is a fact everyone who goes to view and support the event are entitled to know about, I'm not aware of anyone on water patrol that would be on this site, and that is not why I'm posting these facts, sorry you feel that way, and at this late date I just hope someone gets it and keeps the event going, but the longer it takes to get a decision the more apt the event will not have time to be properly organized.good luck to all
Buddy do not get side tracked. I have been one of you most vocal critics but keep up the good work. Just keep digging and giving the facts.

Have you talked Jeff about TAn-Tar-A It would seem logical. I know there is no real bar but the docks would hold it and I-44 Marine is big enough to launch the pits and even have a dry pit area.

I am not trying to add confusion but just another thought.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by chevyzq8
I think in order for sponsors to come on board they are going to need to know what kind of $$ is expected for each level of sponsorship. Is it $1000 or $10,000?? Get the idea?

On the volunteer side of things it's a similiar situation, I haven't seen any list of what's needed from individuals like ther was for the OSS races.

1. individuals to run sign up booth?
2. Boats to control traffic?
3. Radar trap?
4. etc........

I think once people know what's expected from there they will be much more willing to volunteer there time & money.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to sound offensive, I just haven't seen any of these items posted somewhere and I apologize if I've missed them somewhere.
That's exactly the point I was trying to make but you did a better job of putting it into print. I haven't seen anything regarding numbers of volunteers or what sponsorships would entail and estimated costs.

As there are up to three different groups putting forth proposals at last count whom are we supposed to support? First thing that needs to happen is someone has to be either identified as the front runner or selected.

Our company would be interested in providing some sort of sponsorship monies but I wouldn't commit to something that has nothing defined as of now.

Since I have no prior experience into what is required to obtain a Regatta permit for an event like this or the "OSS" races, I would think some of what the WP is looking for is a very well thought out proposal with specifics on where to run the event, crowd control, race control and possibly a title sponsor to provide stable financial backing.

I hope this doesn't sound negative, I would love that the shootout stays and continues at the lake but some things need to be better defined and communicated. Just my $.02

Last edited by fountain4play; 11-18-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:38 PM
VIP Member

Buddy

Please present all of us here at OSO with a written plan as to exactly what you will need as far as volunteers, how much time etc. and I know you see the people step up to help.

Right now I have not seen a comprehensive proposal laid out for EVERYBODY to read. A website would be a good start. Do we have anybody on here that could donate some web space to get it started??
Old 11-18-2007, 02:19 PM
Banned

I have plenty of space on my server for my business website to handle it and will put to use for the cause....
Old 11-18-2007, 02:24 PM
Registered

WE'VE GOTTEN very few names for volunteers and only a handful of Sponsors, Ask for support from OSO, and not even a support thread, I appreciate the support for those who offered their time and $. We would need a ton more volunteers and Sponsors to pull off a successful shootout, thought there would be alot more support here but not much interest, it's too bad we were unable to get the support to prove to Water Patrol we had plenty off volunteers and financial contributions from Sponsors. Does'nt look very promising for 2008, maybe next year.
Not to be a d!ck, but I don't think many people on OSO or MWBP take you very seriously anymore. There has just been to much bs thrown around in the past. I totally agree with Chevy's thoughts. You need all this sponsorship money and volunteers, but there has been no details of what is exactly needed. You expect people to just throw money into this without even anything in writing. Your a businessman, would you do that? I highly doubt it. I would be willing to volunteer as well, but I don't even know what is needed. Until something formal is provided, I am not going to give it a second thought. Time is too important to waste if this thing is not even close to becoming a reality. Just my $.02.

Quick Reply: Need Volunteers and Sponsors- LOTO SHOOTOUT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.