Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need Volunteers and Sponsors- LOTO SHOOTOUT >

Need Volunteers and Sponsors- LOTO SHOOTOUT

Notices

Need Volunteers and Sponsors- LOTO SHOOTOUT

Old 11-18-2007, 04:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't throw around BS. everything I post is truthful and things I'm working on, have had a couple of plans fall thru like supercat cove, but I spent 6 months of hard work, had the plan, engineering, financing, in place and the partner at Blue Moon who I had me deal cut with was forced out and sold his share, It was a sincere project that I was very dissapointed not to be able to bring it to life. I don't think everyone knows how hard I work to accomplish my ideas and goals in business, I understand that more information is needed for 100% commitments from volunteers on specific jobs and $ amount for sponsorship levels, again to remind everyone I'm not looking for a pat on the back but I took a week off from my home building business to go to the lake and put forth my time to Mark and Dog Day's because I love boating , the shootout, the lake, and think it should be in a central location in Osage Beach, I guess my projects and ideas should just stay with me and not on these public forumns. I think this is a great site to bounce ideas off of people with the same interests as I have, and highly value and respect our members opinions and experiences,I have spent a ton of money on my dealership ventures, boat molds, manufacturing facility, involvement with the diesel fuel preperator system which is part of the diesel engine package just about completed. Thanks to the people who support my efforts on the shootout, I'm again leaving for LOTO in the am to work on the final details of the shootout and no matter where it is next year I will be happy to give up my time as long as we have the shootout, sorry if I mislead anyone, not my intentions. Will post only updates and facts as I hear on the shootout and will refrain from comments on things I'm working on. I will do everything I can to secure the shootout for us to enjoy at LOTO, long duck I will get with Doerhauer and come up with a complete list of all volunteer positions and sponsorship info, I think your guy's idea of a website is great, will try to get it put together over the Thanksgiving holiday.talk to you guys soon, Jim

Last edited by Buddy OO; 11-18-2007 at 04:57 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:08 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,783 Likes on 884 Posts

BuddyOO, your efforts and hard work a very much appreciated. I'm sure it has been a lot of work to event get the plan rolling. If I could commit to volunteering, I would, and may be able to as it gets closer.

I would think a good place to start for volunteers would be off of the last couple of years volunteers lists. I don't know if you have that available though. They would be people who have done it and could help coordinate with new volunteers.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:23 PM
Banned

In the past all the Volunteers were fire fighters around the area, unfortunately the fire dept. is no longer hosting the shootout, so now the volunteers will need to be the public, they had volunteers for water traffic and land parking management, publication sales, emergency crews, course patrol boats, entries volunteers, scheduling, advertising, revenue collections,vip services,water patrol leasons,course set up, speed monitoring and set up, clean up,award ceremonies, trophy/prizes, organizing apparel and sales,broadcast/tv organization,dock management, shuttle service, refreshment areas,banner/ signage,website upkeep, emtries mail correspondence,on track start/staging, communication eqpt. speed lighted signage,insurance needs, accounting/invoicing/mailers,these are just some of the areas that have to be staffed, as you can see that the over 100 volunteers and organizer Jeff Doerhauer had their hands full, this is a huge undertaking that simply has to be effectively handled, Jeff delagated jobs to the firefighters and they were responsible, they did'nt have a choice to not show up or lay down on the job, it was effectively a job they were expected to complete because of the huge philantrophy towards the firefighters yearly budget needs. As everyone knows when you don't have to answer to someone if you don't follow thru with your volunteer commitment, you are not dicsiplined, or repremanded. Organizing this event is a full time job in itself, so you can understand why anyone would be concerned about hosting the event, If you dont pull it off successfully you look like a fool, and won't have it again. I would like to believe we could get enough help, but it requires daily reminders to all.I just wanted to illustrate the magnitude of work and volunteers it takes to pull the Shootout off. thanks for everyones support, If we get the race we will be counting heavily on OSO's and member support, Jim
Old 11-19-2007, 07:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Smitty
Buddy

Please present all of us here at OSO with a written plan as to exactly what you will need as far as volunteers, how much time etc. and I know you see the people step up to help.

Right now I have not seen a comprehensive proposal laid out for EVERYBODY to read. A website would be a good start. Do we have anybody on here that could donate some web space to get it started??
I don't have the web server, but I have dabbled in some web design if needed.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddy OO
If we get the race we will be counting heavily on OSO's and member support, Jim

How high can you count Jim????

It's hard to count on anyone.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:28 PM
Banned

weapon X, thats what scares me about getting involved, counting on other peoples volunteer committments, I saw it first hand with your boat patrol volunteers for the OSS races, about a third who committed showed up at the event.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

You know I'll take care of the swimsuit contest part of the Shootout.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:21 PM
Banned

ok, the swimsuit girls is your job, you got alot of good experience this summer on my boat.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Registered

Any news from the meetings this week?
Old 11-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ttt

Quick Reply: Need Volunteers and Sponsors- LOTO SHOOTOUT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.