Need Volunteers and Sponsors- LOTO SHOOTOUT >

Need Volunteers and Sponsors- LOTO SHOOTOUT

Notices

Need Volunteers and Sponsors- LOTO SHOOTOUT

Old 11-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Volunteers and Sponsors- LOTO SHOOTOUT

Spend this week working with several party's, State water patrol, firefighters, police, business owners Mark, RJ at Dog Days, PB 2 staff. Put together a complete proposal with feasibility study, traffic/ parking controls, boat routes, race course, safety vehicles, dry pits, crane in, vendor area, local non for profit agencies. I can tell you that this event is not taken lightly, I spoke directly with Water patrols high ups in Jeff City, and it is quite clear that Safety of Spectators, drivers is number one on their priority list, They want a complete plan, maps, face to face presentation, their responsibilities start when spectators, entrants start to the event and dont end until they are safe at home, meaning keeping people safe on the road, keeping drivers from drinking and driving. This was harder than writing my term paper for my MBA. Meeting next week in Jeff City for our 2 possible locations. This will not work without volunteers and sponsors, I have gotten very few commitments
from members for volunteers and no sponsorships from OSO businesses, come on guys I need your help here to keep this event alive, Water Patrol wants me to have a committment petition when I go there next week to present this plan in person, Absolute must to show our commitments. please reply hereand I can just print it out for them. This event is way more work than I imagined, If you guys are committed so am I, but I cant do it alone. Steve need your help here bro, fire up the troops for a good cause and the premier non sanctuned boat race in the nation, thank you Jim
Old 11-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Banned

PM'ed You
Old 11-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't forget a big event insurance policy.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Banned

Insurance is in the budget Beau, how about some support from you Georgia guys
Old 11-04-2007, 10:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm in to help in any way I can.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posted this somewhere else as well, but I am in. Volunteer effort plus can throw a little person $ at it since I don't have a businees to sponsor with. This needs to happen, lake won't be the same without these bragging rights...

Also just an idea but...what about just making it a 1 day event on Saturday, that way the WP and Fire and Rescue only have to work it one day. Could hold a pre-party with sponsors Friday and Saturday with the races running all day Saturday without the sometimes long delays?? There is only about half the people on Sunday anyway...

Last edited by cullen_11; 11-05-2007 at 02:10 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Registered

I never thought about it, but I like your idea. Drop the jet-ski races, start the races at 8-9am and let them go til 6pm. Then Sunday could be left over for awards, etc.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

I see that there are three different groups interested in hosting the 2008 Shootout and it looks like they have rejected the first proposal from the "Dog Days" group due to safety concerns. Personally I think it would be pretty cool their but understand they issues with the bridge.

We would be willing to help out but would probably need to know who is awarded it first. From the article I've linked to below the Captain Ron's one is getting pretty high marks for location and they said there are also other places in the State Park that Dog Days could suggest in an ammended regatta request.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out and I like the suggestion of a single day "Saturday" event going all day long. The Saturday crowds are huge compared to the number of boats on Sunday. the only draw back with a one day event is if you have some sort of mechanical problem your not going to be able to run.

http://lakeexpo.com/articles/2007/11/07/top_news/02.txt
Old 11-07-2007, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

The perfect combo would be Captain Ron's water in front of the Toad. The facility's and location land-wise favor the Toad. Water favor's Ron's. Dog Day's just doesn't work well from a land or water standpoint. If I was a betting man I'd say it will end up at the Toad. Smaller boats and speeds will suffer but the event will still be a heavily attended success.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Registered

I personally think Tan-tar-a would be a great location. They would have good water, and you would think the resort could really benefit from such an event.

Jeff, you're right Dog Days just doesn't seem to be the most logical choice, water or land.

Quick Reply: Need Volunteers and Sponsors- LOTO SHOOTOUT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.