Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Whats going on with Fred @ Trick? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/172615-whats-going-fred-%40-trick.html)

KCHOTBOAT 11-16-2007 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain (Post 2337139)
Now don't you all go and pizz ol Fred off. We don't want him to go deleting all his post............again.

I remember that time.

He was pissed at everyone on OSO. Headed to speedwake and was never coming back.

Maybe I missed something in the past but a few years ago when I was redoing my boat it seemed his prices where not any cheaper than the big guys after adding all the others costs to the total. That was the reason I never placed an order with Trick. Trick shipping was always more.

I hope it all works out for all of you and Fred. I feel bad for the guys with the big orders that may not have deep pockets like some.

tomas_wallin 11-16-2007 03:03 AM

Now Tricks email is down as well!

That's what you get from placing multiple $10k orders as a returning customer.

This is a b|tch!

Can't see why James (Big Daddy) or Fred (that I'm pretty sure is lurking around in this thread) can't give us at least an explanation...

Audiofn 11-16-2007 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by 100-Plus (Post 2337529)
What could Fred say to make it right? That he made some big mistakes running his business? That he's sorry?

YES he should say he is sorry to his customers, it would probably go a long way to making it at leaste better. People are more forgiving then one would think as long as they know what is going on and that there is a plan in place that they are going to be made whole again. Does he owe it to the board? Well I kind of think he does because he was able to start his business because of OSO and Scream and fly. He certainly owes an explanation to his paying customers. If he is the stand up guy that so many of you say that he is then he would be calling people back or returning emails, not continuing to do business on ebay and be damned with these other people. Everyone makes mistakes, it is how they deal with them that makes the man. So far I am disapointed in Fred.

LubeJobs42 11-16-2007 06:18 AM

I have purchase $$$ THOUSANDS$$$$ worth of merchendise and haven't had a problem. Any errors were always corrected. I have known Fred for years and think there has to be a logical solutiion. I can not see Fred screwing anyone. I remember when he closed his Burger King, He met his supplier on Sunday morning to allow them to pick up all the unused inventory. Most people would have had burgers for life if they closed their store. I truley hope there is a logical explanation. For several reasons. One, I like Fred, two, I need a lot of stuff for the little Donzi I bought. Fred, if you need anything you have my number!

CigDaze 11-16-2007 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP (Post 2337732)
There is a lot more to this than you guys may ever know.

Enlighten us, then...

Panther 11-16-2007 08:22 AM

Someone gave me a gift certificate for my birthday...wonder what I'm gonna do....:hitfan:

tomas_wallin 11-16-2007 08:36 AM

All I know, and need to know really, is that Trick Marine owes me $1050+ and that they need to deal with it in some way!

I have given Fred a few alternatives to solve this, hopefully he will get back to me.

pm203 11-16-2007 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42 (Post 2337620)
I have purchase $$$ THOUSANDS$$$$ worth of merchendise and haven't had a problem. Any errors were always corrected. I have known Fred for years and think there has to be a logical solutiion. I can not see Fred screwing anyone. I remember when he closed his Burger King, He met his supplier on Sunday morning to allow them to pick up all the unused inventory. Most people would have had burgers for life if they closed their store. I truley hope there is a logical explanation. For several reasons. One, I like Fred, two, I need a lot of stuff for the little Donzi I bought. Fred, if you need anything you have my number!

Close a Burger King? How does that happen?

AB From Windsor 11-16-2007 08:41 AM

I can't believe that there is no information about Trick Marine or that none of his close friends or family are specking out about where Fred is and what has happened. It is a mystery how someone can just disappears from sight and there is no communications with anyone, specifically family, friends and loyal customers. Are things that bad that he or anyone knowing just can't say Fred is OK or he's out of business. It must be.