Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Whats going on with Fred @ Trick? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/172615-whats-going-fred-%40-trick.html)

Scarab3DMC 11-13-2007 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by BajaBennett (Post 2334298)
I understand that everyone wants their orders, but let's not start feeding on our own. There are many post on here that praise Fred / Trick for being the BEST and far superior to the other so called suppliers. Fred has always be good to me and done everything that he can to get my rig running and back in the water. I will just have to give Fred the benefit of the doubt and wait to hear from HIM.

I agree....but I am concerned...

t500hps 11-13-2007 05:11 PM

I gave up a year ago. I understand alot has gone on, but my last order was placed 2 months before his son was killed, 4 months later I finally had to get my money back from the C.C. and buy elsewhere. James told me no less than 6 times he would take care of it...never got a return call.

bouyhunter 11-13-2007 05:50 PM

I fully agree with the others here to cut Fred a little slack.
I also agree a little communication from Fred and his gang could go a long way.
I remember when Fred was still flippin' burgers, and was just contemplating this idea of getting into the marine business.
We all knew he has integrity. And we encouraged him to do it.
I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of his problems in getting your parts out are more of him having a problem trying to get them from the manufacturer.
Let's face it, this is the marine business. There is a timewarp in every other area of the marine business. 2 weeks turns quickly into 6. And I think all the dealers are victims of that time warp. Fred included. We all had high hopes it would be different with him, but I truely think it is out of his control.
He's still in the early stages of this business, and likely doesn't have the capital (or chooses not) to "stock" many parts, in all the various colors and configurations that are available.

Zoomnfun 11-13-2007 06:08 PM

Love the way the diehards defend old Freddy no matter what. I gave him one chance when he started out and he failed miserably, never tried again.
If this was Joe Blow Marine you guys would all be talking bats again...test period over.

Audiofn 11-13-2007 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter (Post 2334572)
I fully agree with the others here to cut Fred a little slack.
I also agree a little communication from Fred and his gang could go a long way.
I remember when Fred was still flippin' burgers, and was just contemplating this idea of getting into the marine business.
We all knew he has integrity. And we encouraged him to do it.
I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of his problems in getting your parts out are more of him having a problem trying to get them from the manufacturer.
Let's face it, this is the marine business. There is a timewarp in every other area of the marine business. 2 weeks turns quickly into 6. And I think all the dealers are victims of that time warp. Fred included. We all had high hopes it would be different with him, but I truely think it is out of his control.
He's still in the early stages of this business, and likely doesn't have the capital (or chooses not) to "stock" many parts, in all the various colors and configurations that are available.

Fred was more then flipping burgers he owned the place/places. His ship is sinking fast unfortunately

bouyhunter 11-13-2007 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Audiofn (Post 2334741)
Fred was more then flipping burgers he owned the place/places. His ship is sinking fast unfortunately

Yes, if you recall, I was also here back in the day.
I believe he owned 7-9 burger flings, and wanted to get out and get into marine. If I'm not mistaken, his original intention was to do it more as a hobby - but this business won't let you do that.
It's a tough gig, and yes, if he doesn't handle it correctly, it'll fall apart on him - just like any business. He's been dealt some pretty tough blows, but I agree business is business.
I wish him and his crew the best, and If I can do anything to help, I would, both for Fred, and the customer.
Just speaking my thoughts on the situation.
I think it probably sucks for all involved.

WMF 11-13-2007 08:43 PM

I ordered a set of CMI exhaust from Trick Marine last year, they came right away, no problems at all. What name is he using on Ebay? Im in the marine business and it is a tuff job that is very demanding, it is a short season for most, and people dont like to lose time or money, sorry to here about this.

www.WMFwatercraft.com

fountain4play 11-13-2007 08:58 PM

While I don't have a dog in this fight at the moment, I've had several very good experiences buying from Fred earlier this year....

Being someone who relies on manufacturers to supply my company with material it is a never ending struggle to get things when were supposed to...Unlike in past years today everyone orders equipment just in time and they never make deliveries even with 10-12 weeks lead time...

One thing that most of my suppliers lack is in communication when something isn't going to be delivered as required usually we have to call and call and hopefully we get a response of some sort...

Hopefully the Fred and people at Trick can do a better job of communicating with their customers even if they don't have any concrete answers...

Just my $.02

AIR TIME 11-13-2007 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Zoomnfun (Post 2334598)
Love the way the diehards defend old Freddy no matter what. I gave him one chance when he started out and he failed miserably, never tried again.
If this was Joe Blow Marine you guys would all be talking bats again...test period over.

:Whatever::Whatever::Whatever::Whatever:go stick a sock in