Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Diesel High Performance package-Is there Demand? >

Diesel High Performance package-Is there Demand?

Notices

Diesel High Performance package-Is there Demand?

Old 11-23-2007, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a friend of mine has 2 in his hurley, nothing but trouble cant get anyone to work on them. mechanical injection big pain in the butt.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve 1
You forgot more BTU's Per Gallon and the off road fuel-pricing advantages also.
Thats right you can run red!
Old 11-23-2007, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well I have been busy this week. I developed a new engine that runs on either fresh or salt water. No need for tanks because it pulls it from the body of water you are running. They weigh 250#'s each, produce 1000hp and cost only $5000 But wait theres more, if you order today you receive the voice shifted F1 10spd transmission and propless drives. Wait that's not all the first 10 orders receive a free joystick control system. That's right everything for $5000 per side or 10 easy payment of $500.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rbr2328
Well I have been busy this week. I developed a new engine that runs on either fresh or salt water. No need for tanks because it pulls it from the body of water you are running. They weigh 250#'s each, produce 1000hp and cost only $5000 But wait theres more, if you order today you receive the voice shifted F1 10spd transmission and propless drives. Wait that's not all the first 10 orders receive a free joystick control system. That's right everything for $5000 per side or 10 easy payment of $500.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:30 PM
Registered

Diesel power will always bew heavier then gas becasue of the strength needed for the higher compression. It will also comnsume more of its own power. Diesel performance boats are not out of reach however, but waiting for a diesel to rival gas is not the answer. The answer is better hull design and construction. A boat should be designed for the diesel package to maintain optimum balance otherwise it will not perfrorm correctly. You cannot just stick heavy diesels in the back of a sport boat designed for gassers, it will not work. Some have had success becasue they engineered their boats.
Here is an example of an 80MPH 70ft Diesel powered boat. Designed and built by Mystic Powerboats. it is possible to use the same concept on a smaller boat.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rbr2328

Did I mention the 20 year warranty?

Currently rigging a titanium 60' cat hull with this package. i am hoping to set the new kilo record at 300mph!
Old 11-23-2007, 06:14 PM
Registered

I think a constant speed propeller would be of interest.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DonziJapan
Ya forgot the multi color anti radar stealth paint job
That is a $200 option!
Old 11-23-2007, 11:25 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

I'll go one up on ya'- for $40K you get two!!!

This new concept boat will feature two high-HP versions of the VW TDI motor, tweaked of course. No problem on the trannies- you get to use the five-speed transaxle right out of the car, clutch pedal included.
This will be coupled up to my new SeaMaster Skippy Drive, that runs and looks like a conventional IO at low speeds.... BUT, the shafts all straighten out at speed to run like a surface-piercer. I'll have a concept boat at the Nigerian Engineering, Boat, and Fishing show next month, so be sure to be there and get a first look and test drive.
Patents all pending, of course........
Old 11-23-2007, 11:46 PM
Registered

It sounds like the competition is going to be tough.

Quick Reply: Diesel High Performance package-Is there Demand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.