Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   best place to watch key west race (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/172958-best-place-watch-key-west-race.html)

mikebrls 11-10-2007 11:31 AM

best place to watch key west race

where would be the best place to watch the race with the most action ? i will be down in key west for sunday's race .
if anyone want's to meet up down there give me a call

thank's
mike
954-709-7191

BOBCATMATHEWS 11-10-2007 01:00 PM

the pits in truman annex aren't bad,the best place would be from one of the hotels on duval(balcony) i have watched from the pits first two races,but i am probably going to stay closer to duval to duck in and catch some football scores.

mikes280 11-10-2007 05:38 PM

the state paark is good and cheep you can get out on the rocks at the point and see the boat coming off the turn in the rough water good place to get some good pics to

AB From Windsor 11-10-2007 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by BOBCATMATHEWS (Post 2332057)
the pits in truman annex aren't bad,the best place would be from one of the hotels on duval(balcony) i have watched from the pits first two races,but i am probably going to stay closer to duval to duck in and catch some football scores.

Catch some football scores. Watch the news.

BOBCATMATHEWS 11-10-2007 08:27 PM

the news being canada is attacking the U.S.A. (again) rather a cryptic message there AB,:D

AB From Windsor 11-10-2007 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by BOBCATMATHEWS (Post 2332270)
the news being canada is attacking the U.S.A. (again) rather a cryptic message there AB,:D

No attack meant. Just thought it was funny that at the final Offshore Powerboat Race of the year for the SBI/APBA World Championship you would go and check out the football scores when many wish they could be there to watch the action.

BOBCATMATHEWS 11-10-2007 10:16 PM

no problem,but if you guys wanna attack texas go ahead,that clay washington is getting out of hand,just don't hurt no armadillos. p.s. i won't miss the action,just run in and out to see the games in between races,cheers BOBCAT:ernaehrung004:

berns29scarab 11-10-2007 10:26 PM

watched um from the annex as well as the pier at Sunset Pier across the street from the Pier House

BOBCATMATHEWS 11-10-2007 10:32 PM

last time i saw ,you were watching from island dogs,which we will now call lower new jersey,(i only met 4 oso er's and they were all from bern's neck of the woods):D

Rebel_Heart 11-11-2007 10:05 PM

Sitting on the pier in the pits for $15 was great! Getting a chance to talk to the drivers after the races, priceless.

rchevelle71 11-12-2007 09:11 AM

Mike,

Sorry we missed ya, just got the PM today. I am on the F1-2 crew, so we watched from the seawall, Like rebel heart said, it is worth the $$$ to get out there, all the crews(and drivers when they are not running) watch from out there, plus I coulda got ya out there for free, and we had a golfcart, so ya wouldnt have even had to walk the 1/4 mile or so like most people, do ya got my # programmed in yer phone??

Rick

Rocco 11-13-2007 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by berns29scarab (Post 2332310)
watched um from the annex as well as the pier at Sunset Pier across the street from the Pier House

Sitting at the pool at Ocean Key resort/Sunset Pier drinking Margeritas. The Weather was perfect all week.