Notices

Homestead Miami

Old 11-16-2007, 11:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got back from the truck race. Perhaps I'm tainted since I've "retired" from road racing, but there were really only two good things about being there: having a scanner so I could listen to the Speed Channel on-air talent while they were in commercial and the occassional crew-driver chatter, and the smell of race gas.
Now that's from a "fan" perspective. I've driven 3 NASCAR tracks: Homestead, Daytona and Lowes. As a driver I have nothing but respect for how these guys get around a track.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:06 AM
instigator
Platinum Member

I'll be up in Garage Suite # 11 today and tomorrow, we'll also be backstage/onstage at the Trackside Speedvision platform, also managed to get parking in the team/drivers coach lot too, damn lucky for that..

JH
Old 11-17-2007, 10:38 AM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

Nascat, the next time you make an offshore race, stop and say hello. It would have been nice to have met you in Key West last weekend. Bill Mazzoni BTM Marine 12/Taboo 44
Congratulations on this year's success
Old 11-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamTaboo
Nascat, the next time you make an offshore race, stop and say hello. It would have been nice to have met you in Key West last weekend. Bill Mazzoni BTM Marine 12/Taboo 44
Congratulations on this year's success
Bill to be honest I forgot you extended me that offer previously. I'm so programmed not to pester people when they are working / competing out of respect for the fact the pits are their work enviornment & they have a job to do it simply slipped my mind.

Big day Sun, did you see what happened during the Craftsman Truck race Fri night. Just goes to show anything is possible.

Michael
Old 11-17-2007, 03:46 PM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

Offshore has such a small fan base, we enjoy talking to anyone that will stop to check us out. (ha ha) Being the owner, I tell my crew to be friendly and educate as many people as possible. We need all the fans we can get!!! Someday, we hope this sport will grow to pull in more sponsors like Budweiser and Geico.

Yes, we watched the truck race last night, and will be watching the cup race tomorrow. Good luck, we will be rooting for your team!!!!

Bill
Old 11-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=handfulz28;2338703]Just got back from the truck race. Perhaps I'm tainted since I've "retired" from road racing, but there were really only two good things about being there: having a scanner so I could listen to the Speed Channel on-air talent while they were in commercial and the occassional crew-driver chatter, and the smell of race gas.
Now that's from a "fan" perspective. I've driven 3 NASCAR tracks: Homestead, Daytona and Lowes. As a driver I have nothing but respect for how these guys get around a track.[/QUOTE I too went to the truck race and didnt get thge scanner and im sorry I didnt. How is anyone to keep track of a race with a 5 position leader board? Needless to say I got the scanner for Bush and the cup races and it added a much better perspective to the races. First time in South Beach and we had a blast. I found it hard to believe that between the four of us we spent close to $600 on drinks and no food in one afternoon. Love south Florida and cant wait to go back.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Kyle has unbelieveable natural talent but not alot of patience or ability to see the big picture. Chad is good, very good but I assure you it's a team effort, crew chief, driver, team, chassis' & engine program.

Other than that it's all Chad!! LOL
Hey NASCAT, congrats on a great weekend for HMS, I can't think of another team in racing, except maybe in NHRA, where 2 drivers really have an honest chance to win the championship. How is everyone goin' manage it with Dale Jr added to the lineup? A car too far?
Old 11-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Hey Nascat congrats on the championship. I'm trying to get everything in order to do the spring Key West run we have an off weekend let's hook-up & put a group together.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by allfiredup
Hey Nascat congrats on the championship. I'm trying to get everything in order to do the spring Key West run we have an off weekend let's hook-up & put a group together.
Working on a new ride but doubt I'll have it by then. Might have to go a whole season w/o a boat but to be honest that might work out ok if our lake doesn't bounce back by spring!
Old 11-21-2007, 06:57 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

10-4 have chad give you his old fountain to run next year i wont make fun of you too much.