Notices

Thank You Sydwayz

Old 11-14-2007, 10:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Thank You Sydwayz

While we were in Key West Sydwayz hooked us up with a demo run in an Active Thunder. I had never checked one out up close, but I have to say that it was an incredible boat and I was thoroughly impressed. The cabin had all the amenities of a condo and the boat still ran like a raped ape. It handled seas from all directions with ease (no tabs and no real input or corrections from the driver) and we saw mid to upper 80's even on the flat water inside near the harbor. Once they get that thing dialed in it is going to be an absolute rocket. Thank you Sydwayz!
Attached Thumbnails Thank You Sydwayz-100_0203.jpg   Thank You Sydwayz-100_0200.jpg   Thank You Sydwayz-100_0202.jpg  

Old 11-14-2007, 10:45 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

will they take a 45 apache on trade????
Old 11-14-2007, 10:59 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,193 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
While we were in Key West Sydwayz hooked us up with a demo run in an Active Thunder. I had never checked one out up close, but I have to say that it was an incredible boat and I was thoroughly impressed. The cabin had all the amenities of a condo and the boat still ran like a raped ape. It handled seas from all directions with ease (no tabs and no real input or corrections from the driver) and we saw mid to upper 80's even on the flat water inside near the harbor. Once they get that thing dialed in it is going to be an absolute rocket. Thank you Sydwayz!
My pleasure! The last boat with this power package has seen 105+ as tested by Poker Runs America with more options (heavier). The props for this one were damaged in transit, and had to be sent out to be banged out at the last minute. They are all over the rev limiters at 94 MPH; and the boat only had 1 hour on it when it headed to Key West. It still has some more interior work to be done before customer delivery (6th bolster, trim pieces, lexan, etc; and its Powerboat test next month. We ran back to Ft. Lauderdale in 6-8s with occasional 10s on Monday afternoon, and did not get ONE DROP of water in the boat when running; and I can assure your that is no BS.

Will it was great to meet you; and above all else I enjoyed the conversation. "The Driver" aka Pat, sends his regards too!

Originally Posted by Stormrider
will they take a 45 apache on trade????
With pleasure, but probably not required! As I understand it, a deal is pending, with another on deck.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 11-14-2007 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
My pleasure! The last boat with this power package has seen 105+ as tested by Poker Runs America with more options (heavier). The props for this one were damaged in transit, and had to be sent out to be banged out at the last minute. They are all over the rev limiters at 94 MPH; and the boat only had 1 hour on it when it headed to Key West. It still has some more interior work to be done before customer delivery (6th bolster, trim pieces, lexan, etc; and its Powerboat test next month. We ran back to Ft. Lauderdale in 6-8s with occasional 10s on Monday afternoon, and did not get ONE DROP of water in the boat when running; and I can assure your that is no BS.

Will it was great to meet you; and above all else I enjoyed the conversation. "The Driver" aka Pat, sends his regards too!

With pleasure, but probably not required! As I understand it, a deal is pending, with another on deck.
6-8's, occasional 10's???? WTF? If you consider in person a wave looks to be 2 x's the measured height...either those waves were 1/2 that size or you guys are crazy. Thats a serious wave! Cool boat Brian.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:13 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dreamboater
6-8's, occasional 10's???? WTF? If you consider in person a wave looks to be 2 x's the measured height...either those waves were 1/2 that size or you guys are crazy. Thats a serious wave! Cool boat Brian.
I have to admit, they did not look that big when we were running. We came off plane about 1 mile from the Ft. Lauderdale inlet, so Pat could take a break for his throttle arm.

As SOON as we came off plane, we had an 8 footer break over the SB side of the bow; and there were a couple that felt like we were driving up the side of a dumptruck. It drenched Pat's wife Diane and myself; so much so that I had to change clothes in the taxi on the way to the airport. Those were not my size estimates, they were Pat's and Jay's. It was a SPECTACULAR run. Pat drives his boats VERY well.

Clark and Justin, both in 37's and Jeff in his 43' Nor-Tech all ran the same water.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:43 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

This boat have a cabin liner?
Old 11-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Stormrider
This boat have a cabin liner?
Yes, it does; with carbon fiber door panels and counter tops. More pics will surface soon.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it have kill switches and lanyards??
Old 11-14-2007, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sellsman11
Does it have kill switches and lanyards??
:cool-smiley-027
Old 11-14-2007, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh no, they didn't dock it next to a blow boater...
Attached Thumbnails Thank You Sydwayz-100_0203.jpg  

Quick Reply: Thank You Sydwayz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.