Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cigarette, 38donzi zrc
Old 11-21-2007, 08:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by vette131
his boat is sick!! I was curious about having boxes on a step bottom boat with #6's it must work but it was unusual. awsome boat!!
What I was told and not from John himself...The boat was running out of length, and the boaxes helped in this situation.
last power in the boat was around 1200hp now bumped to around 1400. I heard boat ran 118-120, but again that came up in conversation at KW PR. Awesome machine
Old 11-21-2007, 08:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jassman
What I was told and not from John himself...The boat was running out of length, and the boaxes helped in this situation.
last power in the boat was around 1200hp now bumped to around 1400. I heard boat ran 118-120, but again that came up in conversation at KW PR. Awesome machine
Jassman, you're right, he replied himself in the PP forum that the boxes made the boat act "longer" to handle the power and speeds. I'll see if I can dig up his post.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:10 AM
Registered

Here is his exact post:

We put the boxes on to give the boat more hull in the water. With the big power I have in the boat it would run "out of hull" before it reached top speed, so we put the boxes on to gain more speed.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dreamboater
1-2 footers would be nothing in the mentioned boats..as said already. If you dont mind getting passed by a 38 fountain, then by a 38 top gun. Other than that, a 38 fountain would be my first choice. Fast, good looking boat, will ride well in that water, and quite a bit cheaper than a top gun.

So you are saying a 38 fountain and a top gun will ride the same in rough water? NK
Old 11-21-2007, 01:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
The god of all things, Zeus, gave Reggie a dispensation from adhering to any of the physical laws of the universe. Zeus also granted Reggie the special power to shield his magic juju from the sight of mere mortals. That's why we all stand in marvel at how fast his boats are, yet none of us can figure out how he does it.

I'm expecting Zeus to smite me later this afternoon for letting this out. Wish me luck.
To figure out Reggie's performance, all you need to do is adhere to the two basic principles that post-date Zeus but have lead to the computer you are using:

1) Experimentation -- the scientific principal
2) Learn from the results of other's experiments.

Reggie's bottoms adhere very closely to the results of many decades of planing hull research. Nothing new, he just applies the theory experimentally, and so he actually gets it right. No surprises there.

Reggie is a good scientist.

Now shut up for a second, and keep reading.

One reason Reggie's boats are so much smoother riding in the rough than the legendary non-pad bottoms like Cig and Apache et al is also well supported by research since the mid 60's, and again proven by Reggie's experimental application of these well published research results.

Oh, I know, blah blah Cig Apache blah blah. If the boats heavier, it runs smoother, but sucks more fuel.

If the boats weigh the same, like in a race class, then Reggie's pad bottom is smoother, and therefore faster. The results don't lie.

Smoothest boat? Heaviest boat -- e.g., Cig.
Smoothest for same weight? Stepped, pad bottom -- e.g. Fountain.
Fastest for same weight? Duh.

Last edited by carcrash; 11-21-2007 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Missing smilies
Old 11-21-2007, 02:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by carcrash

One reason Reggie's boats are so much smoother riding in the rough than the legendary non-pad bottoms like Cig and Apache et al is also well supported by research since the mid 60's, and again proven by Reggie's experimental application of these well published research results.

If the boats weigh the same, like in a race class, then Reggie's pad bottom is smoother, and therefore faster. The results don't lie.

Smoothest boat? Heaviest boat -- e.g., Cig.
Smoothest for same weight? Stepped, pad bottom -- e.g. Fountain.
Fastest for same weight? Duh.
As confusing as this analogy is to me I think you are mixing smoother with faster and I dare say they are not related. Without question fountains are faster than cigs but smoother in rough water is not the same as fast. Ride in both and you might find a wetter less comfortable ride in the fountain but you might be faster. Just my .02 cents worth. NK
Old 11-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
As confusing as this analogy is to me I think you are mixing smoother with faster and I dare say they are not related. Without question fountains are faster than cigs but smoother in rough water is not the same as fast. Ride in both and you might find a wetter less comfortable ride in the fountain but you might be faster. Just my .02 cents worth. NK
Agree!

Been there done that, got the t-shirt and they all had to put on the life jackets.. LOL....

One thing I'd like to find out is how the donzi REALLY rides? The bottom is almost flat... One day I'll have to bum a ride in one and see..
Old 11-21-2007, 02:53 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
So you are saying a 38 fountain and a top gun will ride the same in rough water? NK
Maybe he was just saying 1-2's which isn't squat.....but maybe in a fountain it's rough...
Old 11-21-2007, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4X1RMppSGI
Just keep hitting REPLAY. Over & over again !

Quick Reply: 38? The Best Ride In The Rough

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.