Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Life Line group buy is on! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/173261-life-line-group-buy.html)

Boomer35 11-15-2007 12:40 PM

JimB- understand it now, i will get ahold of you this weekend or monday,

JIMB 11-15-2007 01:05 PM

Thanks Boomer35 I look forward to talking to you.

bouyhunter 11-15-2007 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by JIMB (Post 2336748)
bouyhunter, That is a very good question about not being USCG approved. Lifeline jackets are not USCG approved because they are custom made, one at a time. Not every jacket they produce is the same. I can tell you that these are the only jackets that I'm aware of that will not come off your body if you are ejected from the boat. And they will turn you face up in the water if you happen to be unconscious.

That's what I'd heard, and I know everyone swears by them.
I have limited space for storage in my boat, and I'm only gonna wear a vest when I'm running hard (but lanyard all the time).
Does the CG/water patrol give you any hassle if you have these on board if inspected? I guess what I'm asking is, let's say I have me and the wife, and two guests on board. I have two orange standard issue PFD's for my guests, and I have two lifelines for me and the wife. Although I'm technically not compliant, (No Cert on the LL jackets) am I gonna run into a PITA with the fish cops?
Let me say, I'm just asking questions. I understand this is probably the best way to save your life in a bad situation, But in a normal day boating with no unexpected occurrences, if I'm boarded am I gonna run into problems with the fish cops?

JIMB 11-15-2007 01:51 PM

bouyhunter, I have never heard of any problems with any type of law enforcement concerning the use or having Lifeline jackets aboard as PFDs.

freshwaterfiend 11-15-2007 03:31 PM

I'm in for at least 2 probably more.

Canadian Coast Guard regs are more strict than US regs - you must have a CCG vest for every person on board - and at last summer's poker run they didn't even raise an eyebrow.

Just FYI.

bouyhunter 11-15-2007 04:47 PM

I need to scrape together a couple $$ and get in on this buy.
Thanks for the info.

JIMB 11-15-2007 06:20 PM

Tony Montana, I would like to take just a moment here to thank you for all you have done to get this thread started.
This has been an exciting intro for me here at OSO, So on behalf of myself and I'm sure everyone else who's participating in this great buy, THANK YOU. Jim Brown

Tony Montana 11-15-2007 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by JIMB (Post 2337253)
Tony Montana, I would like to take just a moment here to thank you for all you have done to get this thread started.
This has been an exciting intro for me here at OSO, So on behalf of myself and I'm sure everyone else who's participating in this great buy, THANK YOU. Jim Brown

No problemo.:cool-smiley-011: Thanks for hooking us up. :ernaehrung004:

Chris Sunkin 11-17-2007 01:18 PM

Since every other PFD on the planet is CG ceritfied, I doubt it would even occur to any officer to check for the cert. That is, unless he's a performance boater ;) .

bouyhunter 11-17-2007 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin (Post 2338997)
Since every other PFD on the planet is CG ceritfied, I doubt it would even occur to any officer to check for the cert. That is, unless he's a performance boater ;) .

Yeah, but it'd just be my luck to get cited.
I'd rather have my wife and I alive if there were an incident, than to have us checking out Davey Jones locker and be within regulations.:rolleyes: