Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What is the REAL deal on Active Thunder? >

What is the REAL deal on Active Thunder?

Notices

What is the REAL deal on Active Thunder?

Old 01-21-2008, 07:34 AM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mc's right guys, I was all into the AT's until I saw that website. NOW I REALLY WANT ONE!!!
Old 01-21-2008, 07:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mccaffertee
B O R I N G. The AT guys have cutting edge boat design, and thay they are going to use basic website, probably a template design, sorry, but it doesn't seem to rep the boats like the cheerleaders promote. If they build a spectacular boat that costs $300k, they should have a spectacular website - at least.

Here is my view on it....A.T.'s website is better than both Nortechs and O.L.'s who sells 2-4 times the amount of units. Websites generate 5% of the sales. Id rather have A.T. concentrate on perfecting their boats, doing poker runs, and getting their product out there, as well as talking with customers and giving demo rides. They have done a 360 since 05' as far as I'm concerned in the quality of their boats.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:53 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought our AT on info I got out of powerboat magazine ads. Read what owners had to say about them, and talked to a couple of brothers that raced a boat the same size as ours. Went to the place where they kept it and got a thorough tour (in the middle of february). Impressed with the condition of a boat that was raced in offshore conditions (it was perfect).Talked to Pat Haughey at a boat show in Baltimore, Md. (He sent me tickets) and we wrote a check that day. Numerous e-mails and phonecalls later (6 months worth) and we drove down to Pompano to sea trial and pick up our AT. Did I mention we never rode in an AT before we took delivery.......we went out with Pat and a worker of his, off of Deerfeild Beach into confused 3-4 footers. Boat handled flawlessly partly due to Pats driving skills and the rest because of the product that he builds. I've ridden in many different performance boats includeing Apaches (my brother has owned 4) , Cigs, Scarabs, Sunsations, Panteras and they all are great boats. To each his own Mcc. Or is there a hidden agenda?
Old 01-21-2008, 07:54 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SOX
Mc's right guys, I was all into the AT's until I saw that website. NOW I REALLY WANT ONE!!!
I'll paint it Rob
Old 01-21-2008, 07:54 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Jassman
Here is my view on it....A.T.'s website is better than both Nortechs and O.L.'s who sells 2-4 times the amount of units. Websites generate 5% of the sales. Id rather have A.T. concentrate on perfecting their boats, doing poker runs, and getting their product out there, as well as talking with customers and giving demo rides. They have done a 360 since 05' as far as I'm concerned in the quality of their boats.

Well said Jeff
Old 01-21-2008, 08:01 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Well said Indy.

Thanks from one of AT's 'Cheerleaders"
Old 01-21-2008, 08:02 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
You're serious right
Maybe that works with the retards buying fart can mufflers for their Honda...

That's one of the funnier responses I've seen on OSO.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:02 AM
Registered

The AT guys also focus on outstanding customer service with every client......also much more important than focusing on a flashy website.....performance, quality, poker runs and customer satisfaction sell boats.....a website is an information tool.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:55 AM
Registered

I tink that the biggest selling point (after the boat it self) is Pat spend some time talking to him, hang out at the shop and have a beer and you will be a believer in the love of the sport..................
Old 01-21-2008, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by mccaffertee
Wishful thinking - Packaging is everything, whether it is a brochure or website, the first impression is everything, obviously it is more important than you think. Just a little FYI.
Sunsation's website sucks (they will be the first to admit it) and yet they have a full build schedule for 2008. You can dress a turd up all you want and it is still a turd.

Quick Reply: What is the REAL deal on Active Thunder?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.