Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What is the REAL deal on Active Thunder? >

What is the REAL deal on Active Thunder?

Notices

What is the REAL deal on Active Thunder?

Old 11-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by masher44
I have read and heard alot of buzz about these boats in KW. I would assume that a 37 would be comparable to a 39 Gun? With 700s and NXTs on each, what would be the differences.... pluses and minuses? Pricing? Ride? Quality? Speeds?

It's a very interesting thread you've started.

25 years ago I sat on a dockside bar in Pompano Beach (the Sands) with my wife, watching the Apaches drive by and we dreamed of owning a boat like that.

15 years ago when I started AT I would have never imagined my boats would be in the running with the Cigs, etc....

What a compliment!

I can only respond with one simple statement:

Please come to Fort Lauderdale and give me the privilage to take you out for a ride. I give you my word that when we get back to the docks you will look at me and say:

"That was amazing!"

Then, and only then, will you see the difference.

Anytime you are in my neck of the woods, Call me!

Pat
954-658-4972
Old 11-15-2007, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See, Thats the guy you want building your boat. call him you will love it. He's got the love ( for the sport)
Old 11-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say the 37 and the 38 gun would be comparable. The 39 cig is staggard and with the 700 package is hard to beat, but it's also a lot more $$$.

The guns also are much more simple in the cabin. although I think Phil would build whatever you wanted in one if that was your choice and $$.

Best to take a ride in all 3. I also believe that you become some kind of cult member when you buy an AT
Old 11-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Registered

i like this guy pat... tantrum has nothing but good things to say about him as well... if that means anything.....lol

your stecz.......
Old 11-15-2007, 10:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

In early summer of 06 i saw some pics. of Sydwayz boat "Monsoon" on OSO in a thread about side by side bolsters. At the time i had a 35' Fountain that i had outgrown because of its ride and cabin. At the Jammin on the James Poker Run in July of 06 i got aboard Monsoon with Brian and liked what i saw but still needed to check them out further. Pat was there for the Poker Run and i talked to him in length at the banquet. He invited me down for a test ride and 2 weeks later we drove to Pompano and took him up on the offer. We went for a ride in "Extreme Energy" which now belongs to OSO member Boatfreak. When we got to Hillsboro Inlet I would have turned around in my Fountain but Pat put shoved the sticks ahead and after some green water over the bow,deck and windshield we were running 65 in 5-6s and the boat just rode like nothing i had ever been in. It lands flat and dry and just keeps on trucking. When we got back in the inlet I asked Pat where i was in line,how much deposit he need and wrote him a check. Take him up on the offer for a ride and you'll be sold
Old 11-15-2007, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stecz20
i like this guy pat... tantrum has nothing but good things to say about him as well... if that means anything.....lol

your stecz.......
no sh1t! putting his rep on the line... tantrum likes JC too so...
Old 11-15-2007, 10:20 PM
Registered

true that........
Old 11-16-2007, 06:39 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
It's a very interesting thread you've started.

25 years ago I sat on a dockside bar in Pompano Beach (the Sands) with my wife, watching the Apaches drive by and we dreamed of owning a boat like that.

15 years ago when I started AT I would have never imagined my boats would be in the running with the Cigs, etc....

What a compliment!

I can only respond with one simple statement:

Please come to Fort Lauderdale and give me the privilage to take you out for a ride. I give you my word that when we get back to the docks you will look at me and say:

"That was amazing!"

Then, and only then, will you see the difference.

Anytime you are in my neck of the woods, Call me!

Pat
954-658-4972
Classy post, way to stand behind your product!

I'd like to go for a ride sometime when I'm down that way. Funny you should mention Apache..... (here goes this thread!!)....by all of the cheerleading that goes on, one would think that you've already outdone them!!!

Craig
Old 11-16-2007, 06:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by masher44
I have read and heard alot of buzz about these boats in KW. I would assume that a 37 would be comparable to a 39 Gun? With 700s and NXTs on each, what would be the differences.... pluses and minuses? Pricing? Ride? Quality? Speeds?
Not a 37, but the first 33 resides in Mass. In storage until late April. Much closer to NY than FL. We do alot of boating in SE Mass and RI. You're more than welcome to come up and take a look.

Steve
Old 11-16-2007, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder

"That was amazing!"
Been there....did that....sold!

And I had driven and was looking at 38 TG's at the time.

Pat, it's about time you changed your boat description. Can't wait to see that one!

Quick Reply: What is the REAL deal on Active Thunder?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.