Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Got my new boat. maiden voyage today! >

Got my new boat. maiden voyage today!

Notices

Got my new boat. maiden voyage today!

Old 11-17-2007, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Got my new boat. maiden voyage today!

I put my new (to me) boat in the water for the first time today. I can't remember when I had so much fun. It was the boat I dreamed about my whole childhood. After the ride I realized, this was probably the first boat ride i had in years that I didn't get aggrevated or have something to fix, adjust or replace! 3 of us were supposed to go down to the keys in the MTI's, I actually blew that off to ride around in this. Got done driving it around for about 2 hours and decided to fill the fuel for tomorrow. The fuel gauge dosen't work so I wanted to play it safe and top it off. Pulled up to the gas pump, put $60 and it shut off at $27.00. I almost fell over! $27.00 for 2 hours!!! The Mercedes boat useds more cranking one motor up!
Attached Thumbnails Got my new boat. maiden voyage today!-donzi-1.jpg   Got my new boat. maiden voyage today!-donzi-2.jpg   Got my new boat. maiden voyage today!-donzi-3.jpg  

Old 11-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice! One of my all time favorite boats, and I love the seating arrangement. What's the power?
Old 11-17-2007, 09:39 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

...... Gino, I can see how this would be fun to drive...especially after driving the Mercedes boat.
GINO, PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE!

This is what happens when you buy everything for your mid life crisis by the time your 35.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

just bustin' your chops Gino.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:00 PM
Registered

Same thing happened to me with a friends Yamaha jet boat, had a blast, nothing broke and the fill up was $20. I bought one the next week. Just think, a boat you can use and not have to worry about something breaking or a big clean up afterwards. Isn't that what boating is suppose to be like having fun?
Old 11-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats Lube. I had a 16' Hustler, little speed boat in the 70's. it held 20 gal. I filled it up for $10 and had a blast with it all afternoon. Never had so much fun since, even with the Poker runs and some racing in early 80's. My 33 Avanti will probobly totalled by Ins. co. due to my car/boat accident just before KW. I'm thinking... canoeing for a while.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=Need-the-Speed;2339270]...... Gino, I can see how this would be fun to drive...especially after driving the Mercedes boat.
GINO, PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE!

That's not very nice. No crack smoking here!

What I was saying is either of the MTI's is an all day afair for a ride. Fuel up boat at VP station, Wash the boat, Take to ramp, put it in the water, park the truck. Takes 2 guys to do this. Position bumpers to pilings at boat ramp (no rub rail). check all fluid levers, start motors, get out check to see water pumping, warm up motors. Head to ocean. After the ride, wash boat again, flush motors, wash motors, dry motors, crc motors, put back on trailer or lift, cover boat.

Donzi:
Boat is behind house. Go outside, jump in, start motor and go. Get on plane immediatly. Drive around intercoastal. Go home, tie up boat. Jump in the pool.

Just a care free, relaxing little boat.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:50 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nothing like a Sweet 16! I've been eyeballing an old Donzi too. My first fast boat and favorite of any I've owned or driven is the 22 Classic.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:21 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I LOVE mine as well and I totally agree. They are carefree fun boats that will EAT UP the big water if you let them. People are always amazed at what they will do. I have a Factory Original Big Block 18 2+3. As you can see from the second picture is SUCKS to work on the motor Like you I keep it on the lift. If i have time to go boating I just walk down to the dock and drop it in. Biggus found me the boat and it is the most fun I have had with a boat yet.
Attached Thumbnails Got my new boat. maiden voyage today!-img_0273-small-.jpg   Got my new boat. maiden voyage today!-img_1254-large-.jpg  
Old 11-18-2007, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

that's what boating is all about .
go out have fun and know worry's about thing's breaking .
that's part of the reson a opted for the 496 ho motor's 5 year waranty that's peace of mind for me . but dont get me wrong if i could aford a 100+ mph boat just to take out for an hour or two i would have one of those two .
it is nice to go out on the boat for the hole day it's a diffrent type of boating and i like this now .
good luck with your new toy .
mike

Quick Reply: Got my new boat. maiden voyage today!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.