Notices

Turbo vs blower

Old 11-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 50 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
With many performance boaters and racers operating with huge, if not unlimited budgets and with the quality of engine builders the likes of Sterling, etc., that's not likely.
that furthers my example, they are giving the money to people that do not know what a turbo does.

you find someone to let us build them a set of turbo engines and we will give them more power then any marine engine builder offers, and give them a 200 hour warranty with it.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How About The Turbo Engines For Tommy At Chief. I Know There Running In A Apache Setup. Also Seen A 43 Nortech Cat With Them. Owner Says There Working Well
Old 11-25-2007, 04:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat
that furthers my example, they are giving the money to people that do not know what a turbo does.

you find someone to let us build them a set of turbo engines and we will give them more power then any marine engine builder offers, and give them a 200 hour warranty with it.
So what you're saying is that in spite of the millions of dollars and tens of thousands of engineering and development hours spent by Brunswick's Mercury HP division,mega-millionaire Tom Gentry, Gale Banks and not to mention the scores of others just since WW II, you know something they weren't able to recognize?

Turbocharging is what you might call a mature science. The ancillary pieces, from ceramics, to coatings to exotic materials and all the associated tweaks and techniques have been around for a LONG time.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:49 PM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tommy Is On It!

Originally Posted by RICKY PEREZ
How About The Turbo Engines For Tommy At Chief. I Know There Running In A Apache Setup. Also Seen A 43 Nortech Cat With Them. Owner Says There Working Well
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...t=chief+turbos

Another thread:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...t=chief+turbos
Attached Thumbnails Turbo vs blower-1800hp%2520chief%2520turbo.jpg  

Last edited by bcschoe; 11-25-2007 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Registered

So what you're saying is that in spite of the millions of dollars and tens of thousands of engineering and development hours spent by Brunswick's Mercury HP division,mega-millionaire Tom Gentry, Gale Banks and not to mention the scores of others just since WW II, you know something they weren't able to recognize?

yeah that is pretty much what I'm saying.

I have ran my turbo engines for 5 years at 1800 hp and they have the same cranks, rods, pistons, valves, blocks, ect. times 2. that they were built with. only did normal maintenance oil changes and valve springs, lifters, gaskets ect.

just to give you an example, I build custom speakers, and speakers have been around for over a hundred years, and there are lots of companies like sony and jvc ect that have billions of dollars that cannot even come close to what I have done with speakers.

it is pretty easy to look at a banks kit or gentry kit and see what they did wrong. just because they had money does not mean they knew what they were doing.

We are willing to build them and stand behind them like I said.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:21 PM
Registered

Turbocharging is what you might call a mature science. The ancillary pieces, from ceramics, to coatings to exotic materials and all the associated tweaks and techniques have been around for a LONG time.
we are not claiming to build a turbo at all, we just know how to apply a turbo to a marine environment at high hp correctly.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Turbo's kick A$$.
Worked for Schwitzer for 10 some years in advance turbo design. Perty much fathered the first successful turbine end variable geometry turbo. Also designed the safest and most sofisticated stationary test and burst test equipment.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,782 Likes on 884 Posts

Originally Posted by DonziJapan
Fact a blower's boost is proportional to the input RPM. Now what your describing is an illusion. The blower doesn't achieve max boost at the lower RPM either the guage has topped out or there is a relief valve that has opened at a preset level of boost and is dumping the excess. In fact the blower is putting out more boost than your instruments are telling ya.
FACT!!!!!!!!!!!You have to have a load on the engine to make any significant boost on a roots blower.

Rev a roots blower engine slowly up to 5000rpms in neutral and see how much boost you make. Very little, if any.

Now put it in gear and mash the throttle. You'll be very near max boost by 2000rpms and stay there all the way to max rpm.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Turbos are superior to any other forced induction engine period.

Last edited by KNOT-RIGHT; 11-25-2007 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat
yeah that is pretty much what I'm saying.

it is pretty easy to look at a banks kit or gentry kit and see what they did wrong. just because they had money does not mean they knew what they were doing.

We are willing to build them and stand behind them like I said.
What is it that so many have missed in turbo application that you were able to discover & apply to your setups.

Quick Reply: Turbo vs blower

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.